Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
The ADxxVT settings thread! - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The ADxxVT settings thread!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Here's an example....

Here's a link to a clip I recorded with my Strat using the Tweed settings I described above. Same riff four times, with the following conditions:

1. Stock middle p'up setting, no pedals. No effects except for a bit of reverb.
    2. As #1, but with middle and bridge p'ups in series, per my recent "Strat Lover's" wiring mods; gives an accentuated "quack" tone
    3. As #2, but with the ToneBone kicked in; mid-range overdrive settings
    4. As #3, but with the addition of the Bad Monkey, too. A nice, aggressive lead tone!

Here's the link:

DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by duhvoodooman
    I certainly didn't mean to imply that the best way to the use the AD30VT is to dial in one amp setting and then just move the gain knob around! My point was that I have found this particular setting to be quite flexible, and can dial in various degrees of OD/distortion by using the Gain in conjunction with two of my pedals.
    I wasn't implying that you were implying that....

I was only making an independent comment that has helped me.

I return you to your regularly scheduled hour of implications.
    I pick a moon dog.

Post Thanks / Like

Im looking for a qwacky strat tone like John Mayer often has...like his "the Wind Cries Mary" tone.

Sorry bout the video, I cant explain it...but this is the tone I want!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SH_Q6yakzpM

Can anybody help me with this...I get tons of twang out of my Tele on this amp, but Im havin a hard time dialin in the qwack on my Strat. Ive tried the forums and patch libraries but I can find anything thats pleasing to my ears yet with this Strat...like a "Yellow Ledbetter" tone.

[edit]DVM's personal settings would be nice too[/edit]
    Last edited by ShortBuSX; January 10th, 2007 at 11:39 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

That WCM clip sounds pretty much like a straight Strat neck pickup clean tone. I'd try the Boutique CL, Black 2x12 or Tweed 4x10 models and then play around with the tone controls in the guitar and amp to dial in the sound you want.

As far as "quack" goes, that term is usually applied to the 2 and 4 positions of the pickup selector on an S-S-S Strat, particularly the bridge/middle combo. The two p'ups are in a parallel electrical orientation, which reduces volume and thins and hollows the tone some. It's also hum-cancelling in almost all newer Strats. The quintessential "quack" tone to me has always been Mark Knopfler on Sultans of Swing.

Never having owned/played an H-S-S Strat, I don't know what the corresponding bridge/middle p'up combo sounds like! But the neck/middle should have that same nice, mellow quack.

Here are three of my favorite AD30VT settings. The first two are great for the Strat; the SRV setting is best for the neck pickup. The third is a terrific hard rock setting for humbucker guitars:

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Moshe
    New here! I have a 30 that I am really enjoying.

Try this,

boutique clean

Gain - Full
    Treble 12 o'clock
    mid - 12 o'clock
    bass - 9 o'clock
    All three volumes - full

maybe a little reverb.

This setting has a lot of nice top end and simply roars, imo. not much dirt though, but it works for me.

Chris
    I reread this topic and took notes, went home...tried up until this one and stopped after I got here....saweeeeeet!

But she was hummin! But with all the dials burried you kinda gotta expect it....turned the gain back to bout 2 and the hum got mild.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ShortBuSX
    I reread this topic and took notes, went home...tried up until this one and stopped after I got here....
    Don't stop--keep experimenting. No one setting is good for everything, obviously. I've found good, useful set-ups with every model up through the UK'80's (not being a metalhead, I don't go beyond that amp model too often!). The Boutique CL is a great amp model, as you've found; AAMOF, I was just playing my son's Squier Tele through that one tonight. Sweet tones, both clean and with an OD pedal! The AC30TB model will produce some fantastic tones, too. Keep spinnin' them chickenheads!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

That WCM clip sounds pretty much like a straight Strat neck pickup clean tone. I'd try the Boutique CL, Black 2x12 or Tweed 4x10 models and then play around with the tone controls in the guitar and amp to dial in the sound you want.

As far as "quack" goes, that term is usually applied to the 2 and 4 positions of the pickup selector on an S-S-S Strat, particularly the bridge/middle combo. The two p'ups are in a parallel electrical orientation, which reduces volume and thins and hollows the tone some. It's also hum-cancelling in almost all newer Strats. The quintessential "quack" tone to me has always been Mark Knopfler on Sultans of Swing.

Never having owned/played an H-S-S Strat, I don't know what the corresponding bridge/middle p'up combo sounds like! But the neck/middle should have that same nice, mellow quack.

Here are three of my favorite AD30VT settings. The first two are great for the Strat; the SRV setting is best for the neck pickup. The third is a terrific hard rock setting for humbucker guitars:
    Thanks thatll be nice! I'll print those out and givem a try.

I didnt know about the 2-4 thing...thatll help me Im sure and is also another good reason for me to do that "Lonestar wiring" mod, as my humbucker is so hot its not a clean as the other positions, kinda overdriven and the blend is just wierd with the middle pup.

Thanks again!

Post Thanks / Like

Don't stop--keep experimenting... Keep spinnin' them chickenheads!
    Are you kidding? I couldnt stop if I tried...Im just looking for good starting points...and yall have had this amp long than me, so I greatly appreciate the helpful advice.

Post Thanks / Like

DVM, I really like the Black 2x12 setting...but that SRV is awesome! Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Keep spinnin' them chickenheads!
    DVM is the AD Voxmaster.... thanks for the tips & direction...
    Guitars: A Few
    Amps: A Couple
    Pedals/Effects: Sure

We've done four already, but now we're steady, and then they went one-two-three-four....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Big K
    DVM is the AD Voxmaster....
    INDEED! Very helpful too!

Post Thanks / Like

After a year of playing acoustic (Breedlove AC25SR), I decided to take the plunge and purchased an inexpensive electric guitar (Squier 51) and an AD15VT. I figure I can always upgrade the guitar later and keep the amp

Anyhow, I just wanted to thank all those who have posted settings. It's a tremendous help to those of us who have no clue where to start with all those knobs.

Post Thanks / Like

Any good Sabbath suggestions? Like, War Pigs?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ShortBuSX
    Any good Sabbath suggestions? Like, War Pigs?
    Black Sabbath? Anybody?

Post Thanks / Like

three black sabbath patches from a couple of good patch sites....not sure if they will give you the sound you are looking for but might be a good place to start...

http://www.valvetronix.net/valvetron...tails_330.html

http://www.valvetronix.net/valvetron...tails_250.html

http://patchtronix.com/patches.php?patch=44

ww
    Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR
    Brownsville Reso - 101 Electric Reso : Fender GDO-300 Maple Quilt Top Acoustic

Amps: Fender Super Champ XD

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Post Thanks / Like

I've never had good luck getting Iommi-esque sounds from my Vox all by itself. It's not fuzzy enough. I can nail it with my Digitech EX7 using the Big Muff model.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Warren but Ive tried those already...pretty nasty, and not in a good way.

Post Thanks / Like

not surprised....good luck with your search!

ww
    Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR
    Brownsville Reso - 101 Electric Reso : Fender GDO-300 Maple Quilt Top Acoustic

Amps: Fender Super Champ XD

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Post Thanks / Like

I found a couple(almost the same) on my own that I like, works for Sabbath, older Rush, Metallica's Whiplash as well as some early Zeppelin tele stuff.

I use the AC30...Gain about 3pm, Volume between 12 and 3, High 12, Mid 3 and Low 11, either reverb or reverb/chorus(lite on the chorus) Master at between 12 and 3.

Or same settings just use the AC10 instead.

I found these settings work even best with an OD pedal.

The funny/interesting thing is that I began to switch between the different amp models and began to think "wow this is a very versitile setting!"...I noodled around for a lil longer and thought Id better jot down my settings, I made(copied) a setting/tone chart, I noticed the last personal setting I jotted down was in December, but then I noticed almost all of the values were damn near identical! Only difference was the amp model...and my(DVM) OD pedal.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast