Quote Originally Posted by Robert
Glad to hear you are taking a liking in it! What "opened your ears", so to speak?

Through my Avatar 2x12, my 50w valvetronix shows ample skills in mojofying your tone!
It's sounding alot better and I'm wondering if alot has to do with the speakers breaking in as well as adding the external EQ. It's not as bass heavy now and it seems that for whatever reason, all of a sudden there is more top end to the amp.

I usually dial in my tones for the bridge pickup on my strat, and for the neck pickup, I use the EQ to add some highs and cut some bass...nice tones.

I'm at a point now where rather than trying to find one good tone, I'm tryingto decide which one I like best...lol. The UK70's, UK 80's and Boutique OD seem to be the best (for me) with the strats for lead tones. Cleans are pretty good on this amp.

Here's the other difference....I bought an amp stand and raised it off the ground as well, which prevents the bass from deflecting off the floor causing even more bass. HUGE help. The VT seems to have more bass than other 212's that I've owned, even though it's an open back cab.