Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
The ADxxVT settings thread!

Thread: The ADxxVT settings thread!

Threaded View

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TS808
    Love the Bassman but I'd like a little more gain. I haven't tried pedals yet, so that might give me what I need.

I'm still getting used to this amp too (had it for 2 weeks) so it may just be a matter of experimentation.
    I like the Bassman, too, and also wanted THIS model with a little more gain. So i put a Marshall Bluesbreaker II pedal in front of it. It sounds great in my opinion. You can use it for solos with the neck pickup and also the bridge pickup. An alternative would be the Digitech Bad Monkey, which is used by some members here. The Vox AD Series behaves like a real tube amp when blown by a booster pedal.

Also, you will have to get used to the amp. After a while, you will be able to set nearly every kind of tone just in seconds. I most play in Manual Mode and don't use the presets.
    Last edited by Guitar-Chris; August 8th, 2006 at 02:38 AM.
    Greetings

Christian

Guitars: Fender Telecaster Standard, Squier Classic Vibe 50's Stratocaster, Yamaha Pacifica 412V, Dean Vendetta, J&D LS-1, Collins Stage Western

Amp: Vox Valvetronix AD50VT, Fame GX60R

Pedals: DIY Box of Rock Clone, DIY Linear Power Boster, Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Marshall Regenerator, Digitech Bad Monkey, Harley Benton OD-100, Harley Benton DD-2, Behringer Hellbabe HB01 Wah, Boss DS-1, Boss TU-2, Boss DD-7, EXH Small Clone