Thread: The ADxxVT settings thread!

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

I've never had good luck getting Iommi-esque sounds from my Vox all by itself. It's not fuzzy enough. I can nail it with my Digitech EX7 using the Big Muff model.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Warren but Ive tried those already...pretty nasty, and not in a good way.

Post Thanks / Like

not surprised....good luck with your search!

ww
    Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR
    Brownsville Reso - 101 Electric Reso : Fender GDO-300 Maple Quilt Top Acoustic

Amps: Fender Super Champ XD

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Post Thanks / Like

I found a couple(almost the same) on my own that I like, works for Sabbath, older Rush, Metallica's Whiplash as well as some early Zeppelin tele stuff.

I use the AC30...Gain about 3pm, Volume between 12 and 3, High 12, Mid 3 and Low 11, either reverb or reverb/chorus(lite on the chorus) Master at between 12 and 3.

Or same settings just use the AC10 instead.

I found these settings work even best with an OD pedal.

The funny/interesting thing is that I began to switch between the different amp models and began to think "wow this is a very versitile setting!"...I noodled around for a lil longer and thought Id better jot down my settings, I made(copied) a setting/tone chart, I noticed the last personal setting I jotted down was in December, but then I noticed almost all of the values were damn near identical! Only difference was the amp model...and my(DVM) OD pedal.