Thread: Rhythm Machine

North of the Equator: I am a Southerner, Southern Ontario!
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Rhythm Machine

I know this is probably an antiquated term, with all the modelling and computerized tracks out there, but is there a reasonably priced (price of a decent pedal), machine for background rhythm tracks including Bass lines and drums that I could get to play along with.
    I have always played along with my favourite blues artists, in a sort of "call and response" type of playing. I think I have progressed enough to apply my own style. I mainly play blues and jazz, and I don't play gigs.
    I have a good cross section of guitars and amps so I am not looking for a modelling amp.
    I am just starting my research into this type of thing and I don't want to hook it up to my computer. Something that I can set up a rhythms or even a set of back ground tracks for various speeds and keys.
    If you can steer me in the right direction it would be much appreciated.
    The Blues is alright!

Guitars: 1968 Gibson SG, 2005 Gibson SG Standard, 2006 Gibson LP Classic Gold top, 2004 Epiphone Elitist LP Custom, 1996 Gibson Les Paul Standard. 2001 Epiphone Sheraton II, 2007 Epiphone G400.
    Fender Strats: 1996 Fender 68 Reissue CIJ, 2008 Squier CV 50s, 2009 Squier CV 50s Tele Butterescotch Blonde

Amps: Blues Junior Special edition Jensen in Brown Tolex with Wheat front, 65 Deluxe Reverb reissue,1970 Sonax reverb by Traynor, Avatar Custom 2/12 Cabinet with Eminence Legend V1216 speakers,
    2008 DSL100 Marshall Amp , Fender Super Champ XD,Fender Vibro Champ XD

Effects and Pedals: Fulltone Fulldrive II, Fulltone OCD, Fulltone Mini Deja Vibe, Fulltone Fat Boost, Dunlop Crybaby Wah, Boss DS1, Boss DD20 Giga Delay, Boss TU2 tuner, Boss BD2, Ibanez TS9 Tube screamer, Zoom 505. Radial tonebone hot british.

Post Thanks / Like

Check out this thread.
    http://www.thefret.net/showthread.ph...t=drum+machine

I'm kind of partial to the Zoom 123 and 234. Also if you can find an old Yamaha QY10 or QY20 you can have 4 tracks of rhythm and a lot more for pretty cheap.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Boss JS-5 Jam Station... sounds good and it is _rather_ easy to program.

http://www.bosscorp.co.jp/products/en/JS-5/
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

North of the Equator: I am a Southerner, Southern Ontario!
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey SS: That sounds perfect. I am having trouble finding where to purchase one. Are they older issues.
    Spud: I have a zoom 505,It is a pretty neat pedal, and I am looking for more of a rhythm section. with bass and drums and maybe some others. I have heard clips of the JS-5 but I can't find clips of the Zoom.
    The Blues is alright!

Guitars: 1968 Gibson SG, 2005 Gibson SG Standard, 2006 Gibson LP Classic Gold top, 2004 Epiphone Elitist LP Custom, 1996 Gibson Les Paul Standard. 2001 Epiphone Sheraton II, 2007 Epiphone G400.
    Fender Strats: 1996 Fender 68 Reissue CIJ, 2008 Squier CV 50s, 2009 Squier CV 50s Tele Butterescotch Blonde

Amps: Blues Junior Special edition Jensen in Brown Tolex with Wheat front, 65 Deluxe Reverb reissue,1970 Sonax reverb by Traynor, Avatar Custom 2/12 Cabinet with Eminence Legend V1216 speakers,
    2008 DSL100 Marshall Amp , Fender Super Champ XD,Fender Vibro Champ XD

Effects and Pedals: Fulltone Fulldrive II, Fulltone OCD, Fulltone Mini Deja Vibe, Fulltone Fat Boost, Dunlop Crybaby Wah, Boss DS1, Boss DD20 Giga Delay, Boss TU2 tuner, Boss BD2, Ibanez TS9 Tube screamer, Zoom 505. Radial tonebone hot british.

Post Thanks / Like

The Yamaha QYs are discontinued and you get a whole programmable sequencer in a box smaller than a VHS tape. You have 4 tracks for backing and can then add in other instruments as well. The 4 that you can choose which play at any time are: drums -bass - and 2 others that are either piano or guitar or what ever instrument you specify. You can run whichever track you want or all 4 together.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ZMAN
    Hey SS: That sounds perfect. I am having trouble finding where to purchase one. Are they older issues.
    Spud: I have a zoom 505,It is a pretty neat pedal, and I am looking for more of a rhythm section. with bass and drums and maybe some others. I have heard clips of the JS-5 but I can't find clips of the Zoom.
    Its discontinued but you can probably find a used JS-5 on ebay...
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009