Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Guitar Center is having a hell of a sale

Thread: Guitar Center is having a hell of a sale

Post Thanks / Like

Default Guitar Center is having a hell of a sale

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Ibanez-R...0&CJPID=613087

Ibanez RG3EXQM1 Quilted Maple Top Electric Guitar

usually 699.00 now 50% off at 349.00

Ron Paul is like Kryptonite to Tyranny

Guitars:
    MIM Fender Stratocaster, Ibanez AS73, Fender F210, Martin Backpaker Steel-String

Amps:
    Behringer V-Tone 2x10 60W, Marshall G10 MkII, Danelectro E-Studio Honeytone.

Pedals:
    Danelectro Corned Beef reverb, Johnson flanger, DOD FX25 envelope filter, Behringer Hellbabe wah, Digitech Bad Monkey

Post Thanks / Like

I've played that guitar several times and that is one heck of a deal.

What else are they giving away?

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    I've played that guitar several times and that is one heck of a deal.

What else are they giving away?
    I know, Its just too bad that Mommy wont let me buy a new guitar. :

Guitars:
    MIM Fender Stratocaster, Ibanez AS73, Fender F210, Martin Backpaker Steel-String

Amps:

Pedals:
    Danelectro Corned Beef reverb, Johnson flanger, DOD FX25 envelope filter, Behringer Hellbabe wah, Digitech Bad Monkey

Post Thanks / Like

I had a chance to play one of those at GC today. They had 3 in stock, two red, one grey.

One of the red models I played was very nice. Well built, all the parts lined up. The tuners felt solid with no slop. The hardware looked substantial, not cheesy at all. They are made in Indonesia.

The pickups souned pretty good. Fairly bright for humbuckers. I didn't get a chance to play with any OD, but the clean sounds were very nice.

The neck on those guitars is wide and thin; the fingerboard is flat with large frets. I'm not up to speed on the various sized of fret wire, but the frets seemed a lot bigger than the vintage-style frets I'm used to. Definitely a metal/shredder guitar.

There was some filler around the shark fin inlays, but that is to be expected at that price point.

I played the other two and the grey one felt a little stiffer, it didn't play as smooth as the red one I tried. Ditto on the second red one I tried.

Bottom line: I would try as many out as possible before buying and pick the best one, they seem to vary a bit in terms of feel.

Still, for $350, an amazing guitar.

tung

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

I was just out and heard on the radio that GC is having an instant rebate sale up to $500. If anyone has a GC near them they might want to run up to see what's available.
    Mark
    * Loud is good, good is better!

pes_laul Guest

well my dads still eating off of food stamps since my last guitar so I don't think he will go for this!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pes_laul
    well my dads still eating off of food stamps since my last guitar so I don't think he will go for this!
    Exactly, I just bought a $400 pistol last month so my wife isnt too keen on me buying a new guitar this month.

I can only hope they have some good 50% off deals when I get my stimulus check in May

Guitars:

Amps:

Pedals:

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Rob
    Exactly, I just bought a $400 pistol last month so my wife isnt too keen on me buying a new guitar this month.

I can only hope they have some good 50% off deals when I get my stimulus check in May
    If you go to Guitar Center you might give your wife a reason to appreciate last months pistol purchase. At least she'll get some use out of the gun.
    Patrick

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hubberjub
    If you go to Guitar Center you might give your wife a reason to appreciate last months pistol purchase. At least she'll get some use out of the gun.
    - Lev

Main Guitars: Fender US Deluxe HSS Strat, PRS SE C24, Fender Baja Tele
    Bass Guitar: Squier VM Jaguar Special
    Main Amp: Vox AC15
    Main Effects: Digitech EXP-7, Line6 M5, Soul Food, Sub n UP, Flashback, Polara Verb
    Vids: www.youtube.com/levguitar

Post Thanks / Like

Hello Big_Rob,

Hmm PM me please I would like to hear what pistol it is. GAS comes in many forms:

M