Thread: Filling the calendar!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Filling the calendar!

We played our first two gigs in December just to get out and shake down the entire operation. We took January and February off to regroup and dial things in tighter. Some of the guys were getting discouraged about getting bookings, but I told them not to worry - they shall come.

Now it looks like our entire summer calendar will be full in about a month. We've been trying to break into the shore action, and we have a gig booked there next Saturday. The bar owner told us if he likes us, we can expect regular bookings through the summer season. The shore gigs are where it's at here and it will be great to get there on a regular basis.

Bad Logic's future is looking bright!
    Guitars: 2008 Gibson SG Classic, 2006 Gibson Les Paul Standard LE, 2002 Gibson SG Supreme, 2001 Gibson Les Paul Studio Plus, 1996 Les Paul Studio Gem, American Deluxe Double Fat Strat, Bluesville "Super" Strat Copy, MIK Fender "Limited Edition" Tele, JD Bluesville "Night Pilot", Yamaha AES 820, Steinberger Spirit GT Pro, Taylor 355CE, Ovation 1897 Adamas, Ovation CC057 Celebrity

Amps: Axe FX centered rack rig, Mesa 4x12 cab. Germino Club 40, Johnson JM150 Millennium, Johnson JM250 Millennium, Gibson Titan Medalist Frankenstein.

Effects: Tonebone Trimode, EH Holy Grail, Boss CH-1, Dunlop Crybaby Classic, Framptone Amp Switcher, THD Hot Plate, Yamaha AG Stomp Acoustic Processor, Boss BCB-60 Pedal Board.

Post Thanks / Like

: Fantastic Plankster! :

Keep on, keepin' on.
    I pick a moon dog.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Plank_Spanker
    Bad Logic's future is looking bright!
    excellent...keep on spanking!!

ww
    Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR
    Brownsville Reso - 101 Electric Reso : Fender GDO-300 Maple Quilt Top Acoustic

Amps: Fender Super Champ XD

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Great to hear Plank! Congrats!
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

It's very comforting to have a calendar in front of us. I believed in this new band from day one, rookie singer and all. He's really getting strong and stepping into his part. We've worked hard over the past year to polish our show and steady gigs will hone us to a razor's edge.

I'm looking forward to us being a staple around these these parts for a while.
    Guitars: 2008 Gibson SG Classic, 2006 Gibson Les Paul Standard LE, 2002 Gibson SG Supreme, 2001 Gibson Les Paul Studio Plus, 1996 Les Paul Studio Gem, American Deluxe Double Fat Strat, Bluesville "Super" Strat Copy, MIK Fender "Limited Edition" Tele, JD Bluesville "Night Pilot", Yamaha AES 820, Steinberger Spirit GT Pro, Taylor 355CE, Ovation 1897 Adamas, Ovation CC057 Celebrity

Amps: Axe FX centered rack rig, Mesa 4x12 cab. Germino Club 40, Johnson JM150 Millennium, Johnson JM250 Millennium, Gibson Titan Medalist Frankenstein.

Effects: Tonebone Trimode, EH Holy Grail, Boss CH-1, Dunlop Crybaby Classic, Framptone Amp Switcher, THD Hot Plate, Yamaha AG Stomp Acoustic Processor, Boss BCB-60 Pedal Board.

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

That's great to hear!!!

Now get real famous and I will start mass producing the Fender Strat Replica like the one once used by The Plank.
    Mark
    * Loud is good, good is better!

Post Thanks / Like

Woo Hoo! Great news Plank.
    Guitars and other stringed instruments: Washburn D10S, Washburn EA52SWCE, Washburn Cumberland J28SDL, Washburn D46S12, D'Aquisto Centura, Rover RM-50B Mando

Amps and Cabs: Behringer AT108, Firefly Tube Amph, Blackheart Little Giant BH5H, Shiner's Custom Cab v.1.0

". . . because without beer, things do not seem to go as well . . ." Brother Epp, Capuchin Monastery, Munjor, Kansas 1902

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    That's great to hear!!!

Now get real famous and I will start mass producing the Fender Strat Replica like the one once used by The Plank.
    LOL!

I'll settle for a reputation as a solid, good time bar band.

Post Thanks / Like

I'll settle for a reputation as a solid, good time bar band.
    Good for you PS! I hear ya! That's right where The Barley Boys want to be as well. We're struggling with the balance of wanting to be a really popular band and knowing when to say "no". Right now we can be as busy as we want to be, but I'm competitive enough to have the desire to take it to "the next level". Hard to dial back on the enthusiasm when you have real world responsibilities like family and a day job. But I'll settle for "Good Time Bar Band" any day.

RAWK ON BROTHER FRETTER!
    Electrics: Hagstrom Ultra Swede (Gold Eagle Burst) Gretsch 5120 Electromatic (Orange) Custom Nashville Blackout Telecaster (Black, Stat mid/neck p'ups; Lil Puncher (Modern Vintage) bridge p'up; Wilkinson Compensated Bridge w/ 3 brass saddles, Warmoth Vintage Modern Birdseye Maple Neck) Fender MIM Stratocaster (Blue Agave, Rosewood Fretboard, Fender Tex-Mex p'ups; GFS Trem/Block Kit) Highland Spitfire (semi-hollow, flame maple top w/ bubinga inlay)
    Acoustics:Washburn D10CEQSB, Yamaha FG160E
    Bass: Westone Spectrum ST, Warwick Rockbass Corvette Basic Active
    Amps: Vox NT15H/V112NT Night Train, Peavey Bandit 112, Hartke HyDrive 210C Bass Amp, Vox DA5

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by t_ross33
    Good for you PS! I hear ya! That's right where The Barley Boys want to be as well. We're struggling with the balance of wanting to be a really popular band and knowing when to say "no". Right now we can be as busy as we want to be, but I'm competitive enough to have the desire to take it to "the next level". Hard to dial back on the enthusiasm when you have real world responsibilities like family and a day job. But I'll settle for "Good Time Bar Band" any day.

RAWK ON BROTHER FRETTER!
    I shall!

As busy as we want to be is right where we want to be. We all have families, so two to three gigs a month will be perfect.

Post Thanks / Like

I shall!

As busy as we want to be is right where we want to be. We all have families, so two to three gigs a month will be perfect.
    We certainly have outgrown the pressure to be "famous", have a hit record etc. If it happens, great but we have no expectations whatsoever. We don't get a chance to practice as much as we should/need to anyway, so if we can kick some a$$ a couple times a month, perfect.

That said, we are always trying to wrangle our way into better venues, better crowds, and opportunities for better exposure. Not sure where it will all go, but we're enjoying the ride. :
    Electrics: Hagstrom Ultra Swede (Gold Eagle Burst) Gretsch 5120 Electromatic (Orange) Custom Nashville Blackout Telecaster (Black, Stat mid/neck p'ups; Lil Puncher (Modern Vintage) bridge p'up; Wilkinson Compensated Bridge w/ 3 brass saddles, Warmoth Vintage Modern Birdseye Maple Neck) Fender MIM Stratocaster (Blue Agave, Rosewood Fretboard, Fender Tex-Mex p'ups; GFS Trem/Block Kit) Highland Spitfire (semi-hollow, flame maple top w/ bubinga inlay)
    Acoustics:Washburn D10CEQSB, Yamaha FG160E
    Bass: Westone Spectrum ST, Warwick Rockbass Corvette Basic Active
    Amps: Vox NT15H/V112NT Night Train, Peavey Bandit 112, Hartke HyDrive 210C Bass Amp, Vox DA5