Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
The great speaker debacle.........

Thread: The great speaker debacle.........

Post Thanks / Like

Default The great speaker debacle.........

Ok I figure this needed its own thread .............

My vintage speakers came yesterday ups.On the side of the box is two puncture wounds.Inside one speaker is demolished to bit .No tears ,rips but plain outright assault= cone in 50 pieces: The other is salvageable hopefully.So of course I was pissed went racing out the door with the boys in tow chasing the ups man down Got a mile down the road and got pulled over by a state trooper at 71: So now im out $100 for speakers $200 for speeding ticket and I got one used repaired speaker................If ups denies this claim you will be seeing me in the news!!
    "I love being alive and I will be the best man I possibly can. I will take love wherever I find it and offer it to whoever will take it... seek knowledge from those wiser and teach those who wish to learn from me."
    "Develop your talent, man, and leave the world something. Records are really gifts from people. To think that an artist would love you enough to share his music with anyone is a beautiful thing."
    Duane Skydog Allman

You come to a point in your life when you really don't care what people think about you, you just care what you think about yourself." - Evel Knievel

Post Thanks / Like

That sucks, man. I hope that either UPS or the seller makes good.
    Guitars:
    Fender 2006 MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS in 3TS
    Ibanez RG 570 with a bridge Invader
    ESP M II Deluxe with a Tune-o-Matic bridge
    Eleanor, the magical, mystical Road Worn wonder Tele
    Blackstar HT Club 40

Post Thanks / Like

That bites a royal big one. Apparently, the trooper wasn't too sympathetic, either. Music Hater! Even if Oops (I mean UPS) makes good on it, it's still not the same as having 2 WORKING speakers. Good luck, Brother!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Yes, very frustrating. Another example of the lack of personal care and pride in business caused in large part, I think, by how corporate america is set up. If you are just a replaceable worker bee at McDonald's or the like, how much pride do you take in your job?
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sunvalleylaw
    Yes, very frustrating. Another example of the lack of personal care and pride in business caused in large part, I think, by how corporate america is set up. If you are just a replaceable worker bee at McDonald's or the like, how much pride do you take in your job?
    "The tightest ship in the shipping business". Reminds me of another self professed accolade relating to shipping... the "unsinkable Titanic".

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bloozcat
    "The tightest ship in the shipping business". Reminds me of another self professed accolade relating to shipping... the "unsinkable Titanic".

Yeah, it is too bad. I had college friends work for UPS back in the 80s and 90s and though they worked hard, they were paid decently, treated well, and took pride in what they did. Bummer that seems to have changed, at least based on the anecdotal experiences told here.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

- j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

That sucks. Sorry man. You opened the box after you noticed the puncture wounds?
    Guitars/Bass - MIM Fender Classic 50s Strat, MIM Fender Standard Strat, Squier Classic Vibe 50s Tele, Gibson Les Paul Studio, Epi '56 Gold Top Les Paul, Martin DSR acoustic, Sigma Martin Auditorium electric/acoustic, Squier Jazz Bass.

Amps/Cabinets/Modelers - Model 2558 50 watt Marshall Silver Anniversary Jubilee combo w/ Celestion Vintage 30s, 4x12 Marshall cabinet w/25 watt Greenback Celestions, Fender Blues Junior w/ a couple of Billm mods, Line 6 POD 2.0, Roland Micro Cube

Pedals/Effects - Cry Baby Classic Wah, Boss TU-2, Boss NS-2, Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Ross Compressor, MXR Micro Amp, Danelectro FAB Echo, Danelectro FAB Chorus, Danelectro Chicken Salad, Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Marshall Echohead, Duhvoodooman's Zonkin' Yellow Screamer, Digitech Digiverb, Digitech Bad Monkey, Dunlop Fuzz Face, Homemade Loop Bypass pedal, Duhvoodooman's Sonic Tonic (Maxon SD-9 clone +), Voodoo Labs Superfuzz

Post Thanks / Like

Tone yes I just had to look,this is what caused a grown man to cry

"I love being alive and I will be the best man I possibly can. I will take love wherever I find it and offer it to whoever will take it... seek knowledge from those wiser and teach those who wish to learn from me."
    "Develop your talent, man, and leave the world something. Records are really gifts from people. To think that an artist would love you enough to share his music with anyone is a beautiful thing."
    Duane Skydog Allman

You come to a point in your life when you really don't care what people think about you, you just care what you think about yourself." - Evel Knievel

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mrmudcat
    Tone yes I just had to look,this is what caused a grown man to cry
    I hear ya. Not to pour salt on an open wound mind you but since reading the instructions on the shipping box that Martin sent when I got my acoustic in the mail I'm going to start inspecting all packages I receive from USPS, UPS, Fedex, DHL everyone...from now on...before I open anything. Sucks having to wait for stuff in the mail as it is and then have to go through the process of dealing with a damage claim. My heart goes out to you.
    Guitars/Bass - MIM Fender Classic 50s Strat, MIM Fender Standard Strat, Squier Classic Vibe 50s Tele, Gibson Les Paul Studio, Epi '56 Gold Top Les Paul, Martin DSR acoustic, Sigma Martin Auditorium electric/acoustic, Squier Jazz Bass.

Amps/Cabinets/Modelers - Model 2558 50 watt Marshall Silver Anniversary Jubilee combo w/ Celestion Vintage 30s, 4x12 Marshall cabinet w/25 watt Greenback Celestions, Fender Blues Junior w/ a couple of Billm mods, Line 6 POD 2.0, Roland Micro Cube

Pedals/Effects - Cry Baby Classic Wah, Boss TU-2, Boss NS-2, Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Ross Compressor, MXR Micro Amp, Danelectro FAB Echo, Danelectro FAB Chorus, Danelectro Chicken Salad, Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Marshall Echohead, Duhvoodooman's Zonkin' Yellow Screamer, Digitech Digiverb, Digitech Bad Monkey, Dunlop Fuzz Face, Homemade Loop Bypass pedal, Duhvoodooman's Sonic Tonic (Maxon SD-9 clone +), Voodoo Labs Superfuzz

Post Thanks / Like

One thing it was packed by a ups store so chances are ill get the $100 ins for the claim.Or atleast im kidding myself into thinking this matters.How do you find another rare speaker though.35 years that thing made it with original cone ,5 mins with ups
    Duane Skydog Allman

Post Thanks / Like

I've shipped, or had shipped, guitars by USPS, DHL, Fed Ex and UPS. The only carrier that has ever damaged a guitar was UPS. And they've managed to damage to some extent both of the guitars they shipped to me.

I remember when my first Centura got damaged, Bigoldron kinda hit the nail on the head when he commented that it wasn't just the fact that the goods were damaged, it was that they destroyed a really sweet ax. I think the same thing applies here. They destroyed some vintage speakers that are a limited commodity. There's only a finite number of them out there and it's not like they can be replaced that easily. Money's not the issue, just show a little care for something that doesn't belong to you and should be respected.
    Guitars and other stringed instruments: Washburn D10S, Washburn EA52SWCE, Washburn Cumberland J28SDL, Washburn D46S12, D'Aquisto Centura, Rover RM-50B Mando

Amps and Cabs: Behringer AT108, Firefly Tube Amph, Blackheart Little Giant BH5H, Shiner's Custom Cab v.1.0

". . . because without beer, things do not seem to go as well . . ." Brother Epp, Capuchin Monastery, Munjor, Kansas 1902

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Man, that is just ugly. I can't believe they had the gall to deliver it like that.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

- j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by luvmyshiner
    I remember when my first Centura got damaged, Bigoldron kinda hit the nail on the head when he commented that it wasn't just the fact that the goods were damaged, it was that they destroyed a really sweet ax. I think the same thing applies here. They destroyed some vintage speakers that are a limited commodity. There's only a finite number of them out there and it's not like they can be replaced that easily. Money's not the issue, just show a little care for something that doesn't belong to you and should be respected.
    I think this is a plain and simple lack of respect for property that doesn't belong to them.

What can brown do for you?

Post Thanks / Like

Mud, duuuuuude...

o, i could cry. that just stinks on ice. my heart bleeds for ya, buddy. i know from personal experience the despondence that my husband [and myself, i was so jazzed about the arrival] went through with the first d'aquisto...

and it's been said before on this thread... one of the basic principles of contract law is to make the injured party whole. giving your money back does not make you whole when the item in question is a rarity...
    2006 Washburn WD55SW Augusta, 2006 Washburn J28S12DL, Washburn EA20SDL,
    2008 American Standard Fender Telecaster
    2008 Rondo Limited Edition SST, G&L ASAT Semi-Hollow, Gibson LP Ultra

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

Mud, I cannot believe the damage that was done - I'm assuming you are sending those photos to UPS.

Well, I noted yesterday that I have had great results with UPS, but this may be a case where I should learn from other peoples mishaps. Plus if I ever posted pictures of future freight being damaged by UPS, I would certainly get hit with a hell of a lot of "I warned you".

So it probably will be FedEx or one of the others for me.
    Mark
    * Loud is good, good is better!

Post Thanks / Like

That totally stinks, Mud! Especially done to something as rare as those speakers were.
    Guitars (All Lefty): Fender MIM Wine Red Telecaster
    Washburn D10SCELHBK
    Greg Bennett (Samick) Avion AV3/LH/CS
    Franken-Strat (Maple Neck / Black Body & Pickguard / 2-Point Tremolo / GFS Alnico Single-coil Pups / Gold Hardware)
    2 Fullerton Standard Strats; Sunburst w/ GFS Overwound P'ups and Black w/ GFS Lil Killer Rail 'Buckers
    Fullerton Deluxe Dreadnought
    Amp: Blackheart BH1HS Killer Ant Half Stack (Bitmo Ant Eater Kit)
    Crate V18-112 (Goodsell RGM Speaker / Accutronics Tank / Switch R4 - R10 Mod)
    Pignose G40V (Jensen MOD Speaker / DC Heater Mod / Pentode:Triode Switch)
    Fender Champion 30 Reverb (Accutronics Tank / Jensen MOD Speaker)
    Speaker Cab: Lopo 1x12 Tweed Convertible w/ Eminence GB128 Speaker
    Pedals: Korg ToneWorks AX1000G, AX5G, & AmpworksG Modeling Signal Processors
    Boss DS-1 (Rectifier Tri-Gain Plus Mod); CS-3 (Opto Plus Mod); SD-1 Super (GT Mod); GE-7 (Plus Mod)
    Fender PT-100 Tuner
    E.H. Big Muff Pi (US)
    S.D. Pickup Booster
    Ibanez CF7 Chorus/Flanger
    Alesis NanoVerb
    ART Tube MP Studio (OPA2604 Op Amps) (On Champion 30)
    Behringer NR100 & OD100

Post Thanks / Like

Ooops. I actually have a correction to make. Strum, I forgot that you sent CB's EA20 via UPS, and it arrived safely. But you did do a helluva packing job.
    Guitars and other stringed instruments: Washburn D10S, Washburn EA52SWCE, Washburn Cumberland J28SDL, Washburn D46S12, D'Aquisto Centura, Rover RM-50B Mando

Amps and Cabs: Behringer AT108, Firefly Tube Amph, Blackheart Little Giant BH5H, Shiner's Custom Cab v.1.0

". . . because without beer, things do not seem to go as well . . ." Brother Epp, Capuchin Monastery, Munjor, Kansas 1902

Post Thanks / Like

Jeez H! That sucks hard!

You & Wing have got me shellshocked.

Go find something you don't mind destroying paint UPS on the side in crappy 3-year old writing & kick it to bits.

Well, it *might* help.

Good luck bro.
    I pick a moon dog.

Post Thanks / Like

I've been pretty fortunate with UPS, I guess. I've never had to file a claim personally, although I did once in business. They settled that claim quickly and very satisfactorily. But I did a LOT of business with them then, so they probably thought it wise to take care of me.

I know a guy who's had the absolute worst luck with shipments from UPS. The worst case was when he found a guitar on his doorstep with a broken neck. There were tire tracks on the box that matched the tire tread pattern on the UPS trucks -which is certainly different from passenger car and light truck tire treads. He matched the treads marks on the box to those left in his dirt driveway by the UPS delivery truck. Still, UPS tried to deny his claim. It wasn't until he told them that he was going to take the evidence to his lawyer that UPS agreed to pay the claim.