Thread: Dimarzio Fred Opinions

Post Thanks / Like

Default Dimarzio Fred Opinions

I was talking to a GC guy today and did some online looking and saw that a Dimarzio Fred might be an interesting option for my Floyd--PAF-output, bright, lots of harmonics. It's a slightly modified version of their PAF Pro. Anybody have any experience with this one other than from listening to Satriani records?
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

I've played them in many JS1000 and up series guitars I have tried. I like them. Some folks don't. They seem to sound best when the amp is turned up. Very easy to control. Sometimes at bedroom levels folks have been unhappy with them but I've gotten the sense that they haven't played out or turned the amp up.

If you can get back to GC try and Ibanez JS1000 or JS1200 then you'll have an idea if you'll like them or not.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    If you can get back to GC try and Ibanez JS1000 or JS1200 then you'll have an idea if you'll like them or not.
    Good call. I saw a couple of Jems there but I don't know if I saw a JS. Maybe I can sneak back over today. We're heading home tomorrow.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

I like the FRED a lot. Used with a 250K pot, the highs are sweet and the tone is just BIG overall.

Post Thanks / Like

Nothing like dredging up an 18 month old thread :-)
    Guitars: 2002 Les Paul Studio Limited Color's Edition | 2004 Greg Bennett Avion Les Paul Copy | S101 Telecaster project | 2004 Washburn D46 Acoustic

Amplification: Epiphone Valve Jr. Head and Cabinet | VOX AD30VT

Effects: Rocktron Delay | BBE Free Fuzz | Big Muff Pi | Boss Flanger | Bad Monkey | Jekyll and Hyde | Cry Baby Wah | Boss EQ | Behrenger TU300 Tuner |