Thread: Valvetronix effects

Post Thanks / Like

Default Valvetronix effects

I've never really used the effects on my Tonelab or AD30VT. In fact, I don't use all that many of the amph models either.

It's not a knock on them. I'm just a beginner & all the effects & tweaking seemed to get in the way of learning. Besides my Godin radiator "makes it's own sauce" as it's pretty resonant.

For kicks I've started playing with a little reverb and tremolo. Very cool.

At some point, I'll really start exploring the capabilities of these things. It'll be like having a new toy.

The one thing I do wish is that the amph models on the left side of the dial were cleaner (but still rich) with the gain turned down.
    I pick a moon dog.

Post Thanks / Like

The TL reverb section sounds really good to my ears, but what really stands out in my opinion is the delays. Especially the multi-head!
    I posted a clip for Tim a while ago where I used (Radiator?) the multi head delay.

http://www.thefret.net/showthread.ph...ight=multi+tap
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

SS, are you saying that you used the Godin Radiator that you had for about 2 days on that clip?

Now I've got freakin' tweakitis. I started by fiddling with the Tonelab & then I tore apart my pedal chain to try different orderings & different settings & tweak & tweak...jeez & I wanted to practice today.

I'll betcha I'll start tube swapping on the Fender Champion 600.

It's a disease & we're all infected. The Gear Patrol should stage an intervention & take away some of my gear.

...no wonder Tone & Blooz et al have shotguns.
    I pick a moon dog.

Post Thanks / Like

Yep. It was the radiator and I must have had that fine guitar for several MONTHS!
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

I plan on doing a video for each of the effects on my Valvetronix, just for fun. Who knows when though... but the effects aren't too shabby on this amp.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

I use a touch of reverb usually, or delay. never use tremelo or autowah, sometimes chorus/reverb or rotary.
    Guitars Gordon Smith GS1.5-40, Peavey Generation EXP, Ovation Celebrity electro

Amps Behringer GM110

Effects Danelectro Blue Paisley pure drive, Danelectro Cool Cat CD1 Distortion, Danelectro Black Paisley liquid metal, Danelectro Cool Cat chorus(original 18v model), Danelectro Dan Echo delay, Line 6 Toneport GX,

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert
    I plan on doing a video for each of the effects on my Valvetronix, just for fun. Who knows when though... but the effects aren't too shabby on this amp.
    Great idea Robert. Maybe you can show one or two examples of each effect. I still do know how much to use. I know what I want it to sound like, I just can't seem to obtain it.
    Guitars:

Electric: Washburn HB-30, Squier Tele Custom Deluxe, Jay Turser Strat.
    Acoustic: Seagull S6.

AMPs: VOX AD30VT, Peavey Envoy 110.

Modelers: V-AMP 2, Digitech RP-100A.

Pedals: Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble, Digitech Bad Monkey, Ibanez DE7 Delay/Echo, DOD VFX40B 7-Band Graphic EQ, Ibanez CS-5 Super Chorus.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tot_Ou_tard
    The one thing I do wish is that the amph models on the left side of the dial were cleaner (but still rich) with the gain turned down.
    What do you mean? Are you finding that the amp models on the left side (Fenders and Voxs mostly) don't sound clean even when you turn the gain down?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by aeolian
    What do you mean? Are you finding that the amp models on the left side (Fenders and Voxs mostly) don't sound clean even when you turn the gain down?
    It's a Tonelab thing mainly. It's hard to get a high enough output with the gain low enough to stay clean.

It's the reason I picked up an Art tube pre when Spud kindly pointed out the MF Stupid Deal of the Day. Even with the tube pre & the gain on my mixer, I still have troubles. Although adjusting the Tube Trim did help a lot.
    I pick a moon dog.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tot_Ou_tard
    ...The one thing I do wish is that the amph models on the left side of the dial were cleaner (but still rich) with the gain turned
    down.
    Quote Originally Posted by aeolian
    It is at this point that the Fender Super Champ XD comes into play. :

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rabies
    It is at this point that the Fender Super Champ XD comes into play. :
    How is the line out on the SCXD? I'm using the Tonelab to practiice with headphones.
    I pick a moon dog.

Post Thanks / Like

Ive had a valvetronix for the last year or so and I have yet too see another amp that offers better value for money. Ok - the effects are not anything to write home about but they do the job if your jamming with friends or practising at home, my favourite is the flanger mixed with a bit of delay from my BOSS DD-6.