Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Current Favorite Valvetronix Amph Model
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Current Favorite Valvetronix Amph Model

Post Thanks / Like

Default Current Favorite Valvetronix Amph Model

I've been hanging out with the AD15 model for the past 2-3 weeks.

(On my Tonelab, I use the AD30 cab model rather than the AD15 cab model).

Previously it was the Tweed 4x10 & before that the Tweed 1x12 & before that the Black 2x12 & before that it was the Boutique Clean.

I didn't realize it before, but I guess I'm moving clockwise around the dial.

I'll call home when I get to Boutique OD .

I never save patches, I just pretend it's an amph. It's just that just which amph it is slowly changes with time .
    I pick a moon dog.

Post Thanks / Like

I'll have to name the two I've saved in the memory slots on my AD50VT.

Tweed 4x10 set on edge of breakup for cleans. I like this for its warm round bottom and top but with enough midrange to make my tele's back pickup honk a little. It doesn't need a compressor for country picking, just hit the strings a bit harder for natural squish.

AC15 with gain and treble pushed a bit for drives that clean up nicely from the guitar and bloom sweetly.
    Electric: Fat strat > Korg PB > TS7 > DS1 > DD-20 > Cube 60 (Fender model)

Acoustic: Guitar > microphone > audience

Post Thanks / Like

i haven't really used my vox much lately (especially since i got the rp250)

when i do i am usually on the left side of the amp models....

i'm actually thinking of selling it....

ww
    Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR
    Brownsville Reso - 101 Electric Reso : Fender GDO-300 Maple Quilt Top Acoustic

Amps: Fender Super Champ XD

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

I also stay primarily on the left side. I have my RP hooked up to the the amp and I've been getting some nice sound out of it.

Since I practice/play in a small room (10x11) I have no use for a tube amp, so I will keep using the Vox. I did a lot of playing around with the effects and combined them with some of the left side amps. I initially had my foot switch set up so I could play the preset amps with preselected effect or bypass. I have since changed it to presets or manual.
    Mark
    * Loud is good, good is better!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by warren0728
    i haven't really used my vox much lately (especially since i got the rp250)

when i do i am usually on the left side of the amp models....

i'm actually thinking of selling it....

ww
    I use my Tonelab with headphones (like you use the rp250) waaay more than I use the AD30VT. I use the Fender Champion 600 more than the AD30VT too, but I'm not still gonna sell the AD30VT .
    I pick a moon dog.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tot_Ou_tard
    I use my Tonelab with headphones (like you use the rp250) waaay more than I use the AD30VT. I use the Fender Champion 600 more than the AD30VT too, but I'm not still gonna sell the AD30VT .
    i've got the vox but also have a valve jr and a classic 20 along with the rp250....seems like overkill....plus i was thinking about one of those fender champion 600's....so maybe i sell the valve jr.....it's an unmodded "version 1" so it has that hum....i don't know....i have a hard time selling equipment

ww
    Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR
    Brownsville Reso - 101 Electric Reso : Fender GDO-300 Maple Quilt Top Acoustic

Amps: Fender Super Champ XD

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Post Thanks / Like

I should'a known that this would'a happened. As soon as I mention my current favorite model all the other models get jealous & I am down in the basement tweaking the titties out of the tonelab.

I'll be back in a coupl'a days .

Quote Originally Posted by warren0728
    ....i have a hard time selling equipment

ww
    Yeah, I've never sold a piece of gear, but that's because I use everything that I have.

I also don't have the chops yet to really check the gear out. I've had the happy experience of getting a little bit better & discovering that my gear sounds better than I thought. So in the meantime, I plan on getting to know the stuff that I have.

& NO, I *did not* say I wasn't gonna buy new gear until I am a much better player.

SHEEZE! That'd be wacko.
    I pick a moon dog.

Post Thanks / Like

Love the UK 80's for all the rock stuff. Sounds good with either single coils or HBs.
    For cleans, I dig the Tweed (but anything on that side of the dial will do)

Post Thanks / Like

UK70s and Blackface for me.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

UK80's and Tweed and Boutique OD
    -Steve

Guitars: Carvin BoltPlus-T, Floyd Rose DST-3, Xaviere XV870, Fender Acoustic
    Amp: Vox AD50VT 212, V-Amp 2
    Pedals/Effects: Wasabi Overdrive, HellBabe Wah, Digitech Hot Head, Danelectro Fab Chorus

Post Thanks / Like

Tot, have you been able to make anything useful out of the recto model? I never could get that one to sound good.

My absolute fav on the tonelab must be the 1x12 Tweed.
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSwede
    Tot, have you been able to make anything useful out of the recto model? I never could get that one to sound good.

My absolute fav on the tonelab must be the 1x12 Tweed.
    SS, I haven't really tried. Like I said, I haven't explored it to any depth. If I get a sound that I'm happy with, I stick with it (with minor tweaks) for a long time & focus on practicing.

Yes, I've spent the most time with the 1 x 12 Tweed. I think it must be the emulated 6V6s.
    I pick a moon dog.

Post Thanks / Like

90% if the time I'm using Black 2x12, with or without my OCD in front of it. I like UK Modern for the very occasional high-gain stuff.
    "When I play, I express my feelings very fast." -Yomo Toro

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

I use a different model depending on my needs. The ones I use the most are Tweed 410, AC30, UK70, Boutique OD.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Current Fave is the AC15, set for a bit of crunch at full guitar volume so I can clean up when I turn it down a bit. OD pedal to add the noise.

Other likes, in no particular order, BTQ clean, Tweed 4 x 10, UK80s. BTQ OD is good but Ive not really explored its possibilities as yet
    Guitars Gordon Smith GS1.5-40, Peavey Generation EXP, Ovation Celebrity electro

Amps Behringer GM110

Effects Danelectro Blue Paisley pure drive, Danelectro Cool Cat CD1 Distortion, Danelectro Black Paisley liquid metal, Danelectro Cool Cat chorus(original 18v model), Danelectro Dan Echo delay, Line 6 Toneport GX,

Post Thanks / Like

Currently on my Tonelab: Boutique Clean through the VOX AC30 cab, very nice.

As far as I can tell, the goop has not been modeled.

Gotta get me a Dumble some day & put vintage Celestion Blues in it.

Previously Tweed 1x12 & Black 2x12 through their eponymous cabs.
    I pick a moon dog.

Post Thanks / Like

Tweed with the Tremolo effect sounds nice for me, much like Ribot on Waits' "Dead and Lovely" or some of the Cubanos Postizos stuff like "Aurora En Pekin"
    "I happen to have perfect situational awareness, Lana. Which cannot be taught, by the way. Like a poet's ... mind for ... to make the perfect words." - Sterling Archer

Post Thanks / Like

I always seem to come back to the Tweed 4x10 on my AD30VT. Guess that means I need to start looking around for a '59 Bassman, huh?
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by duhvoodooman
    I always seem to come back to the Tweed 4x10 on my AD30VT. Guess that means I need to start looking around for a '59 Bassman, huh?
    Or build one

tung
    I was just a regular guy. My only super power was being invisible to girls.
    - Dave Lizewski, Kick-A$$

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast