Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Stevie Ray Vaughan Signature Stratocaster

Thread: Stevie Ray Vaughan Signature Stratocaster

Post Thanks / Like

Default Stevie Ray Vaughan Signature Stratocaster

Hey there ..new to these forums..I was just wondering if anyone here has purchased a SRV strat before or if they own one?

Reason is,I bought one and am Expecting it to come in this week sometime.
    What does it come with? I know it comes with a case ..but does it have a certificate ,some photos etc. or anything like that ?

Also,it seems people like the texas blues sounds on these boards,but it seems they would rather have a Jimmy Vaughan or Roadhouse strat over the SRV one..is this a quality thing or a price thing? Thanks,and Rock On !:
    Rip Dimebag Darrell,Stevie Ray Vaughan,and Randy Rhoads.

North of the Equator: I am a Southerner, Southern Ontario!
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it has something to do with 1570 for the SRV and 670 for the Jimmie Vaughan.
    The Blues is alright!

Guitars: 1968 Gibson SG, 2005 Gibson SG Standard, 2006 Gibson LP Classic Gold top, 2004 Epiphone Elitist LP Custom, 1996 Gibson Les Paul Standard. 2001 Epiphone Sheraton II, 2007 Epiphone G400.
    Fender Strats: 1996 Fender 68 Reissue CIJ, 2008 Squier CV 50s, 2009 Squier CV 50s Tele Butterescotch Blonde

Amps: Blues Junior Special edition Jensen in Brown Tolex with Wheat front, 65 Deluxe Reverb reissue,1970 Sonax reverb by Traynor, Avatar Custom 2/12 Cabinet with Eminence Legend V1216 speakers,
    2008 DSL100 Marshall Amp , Fender Super Champ XD,Fender Vibro Champ XD

Effects and Pedals: Fulltone Fulldrive II, Fulltone OCD, Fulltone Mini Deja Vibe, Fulltone Fat Boost, Dunlop Crybaby Wah, Boss DS1, Boss DD20 Giga Delay, Boss TU2 tuner, Boss BD2, Ibanez TS9 Tube screamer, Zoom 505. Radial tonebone hot british.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome Ironbird!
    -Kodiak
    Guitars:
    Washburn Idol 64 DL w/GFS Dream 180 pups
    Washburn X-33 w/GFS 60's-70's Grey Bottom Non Stagger Overwound
    Stagg G300 SG w/GFS Power Rails
    Art & Lutherie Acoustic

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ZMAN
    I think it has something to do with 1570 for the SRV and 670 for the Jimmie Vaughan.
    $670!??! I paid about $500 including tax back on '05. Geez.
    Soundcloud - Lights on Project

-Pete

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the welcome!

Yeah I figured it was a price thing...but for texas blues wouldn't you want an alder body with texas specials ?

Post Thanks / Like

That's what's great about The Fret. This is less about spending your life savings on vintage equipment. It's more like Mcgiver. How good can you make a Squire sound using only a paper clip and a roll of toilet paper?
    Patrick

North of the Equator: I am a Southerner, Southern Ontario!
    Post Thanks / Like

Stingx: See now your guitar has appreciated. When I quote prices I usually quote the Online dealers like MF. They are usually about average.
    Your mileage may vary!
    The SRV strat has been out there for a long time and there have been other guitars that are much less expensive with Alder and Tex specials.
    This is just one example.
    http://www.dcmusicstore.com/Fender-D...e-Stratocaster
    Don't get me wrong there is a lot to be said about the SRV. The left handed tremelo, and the 12" radius on the neck, might take some getting used to.
    The Blues is alright!

Guitars: 1968 Gibson SG, 2005 Gibson SG Standard, 2006 Gibson LP Classic Gold top, 2004 Epiphone Elitist LP Custom, 1996 Gibson Les Paul Standard. 2001 Epiphone Sheraton II, 2007 Epiphone G400.
    Fender Strats: 1996 Fender 68 Reissue CIJ, 2008 Squier CV 50s, 2009 Squier CV 50s Tele Butterescotch Blonde

Amps: Blues Junior Special edition Jensen in Brown Tolex with Wheat front, 65 Deluxe Reverb reissue,1970 Sonax reverb by Traynor, Avatar Custom 2/12 Cabinet with Eminence Legend V1216 speakers,
    2008 DSL100 Marshall Amp , Fender Super Champ XD,Fender Vibro Champ XD

Effects and Pedals: Fulltone Fulldrive II, Fulltone OCD, Fulltone Mini Deja Vibe, Fulltone Fat Boost, Dunlop Crybaby Wah, Boss DS1, Boss DD20 Giga Delay, Boss TU2 tuner, Boss BD2, Ibanez TS9 Tube screamer, Zoom 505. Radial tonebone hot british.

Post Thanks / Like

I bought the strat without anyone elses input and i'm glad I did.

how somebody could substitute the This strat with JV's is beyond me.There's no competition.Texas specials are amazing ..the tex mex's i played on the JV strat in the store sounded no different than the ones on the squire standard ..it may have been the amp i was using ..or it just may have been Me i dono.

Conclusion is ..I'm happy I bought my SRV strat,and would settle for nothing else for blues tone!

Post Thanks / Like

You got the better guitar. Glad you like it.
    Patrick

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ironbird
    Conclusion is ..I'm happy I bought my SRV strat,and would settle for nothing else for blues tone!
    Photos, or you didn't really get one!! :
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

If you are happy the the guitar and the purchase, nothing else matters.
    Congrats !

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the welcome!

Yeah I figured it was a price thing...but for texas blues wouldn't you want an alder body with texas specials ?
    Welcome Ironbird!

You got the guitar, and it's the one you wanted. Enjoy it!

People love the JV Strat for a lot of reasons. Here's some of the most popular ones:

Alder body (since 2000/2001)
    All USA electronics (except the Tex-Mex pickups which are MIM)
    USA Vintage tremolo with a steel block
    Maple soft V-shape neck
    Wired with the tone control moved from the middle PU to the bridge
    Feels and plays great
    Price

I don't know if this is still true or not, but the JV Strat used to be made in the US, then shipped to Mexico where it was painted and assembled.

So, even if the pickups are not to one's liking, that's a cheap upgrade compared to a much more expensive guitar's price.

Post Thanks / Like

I bought the strat without anyone elses input and i'm glad I did.

how somebody could substitute the This strat with JV's is beyond me.There's no competition.Texas specials are amazing ..the tex mex's i played on the JV strat in the store sounded no different than the ones on the squire standard ..it may have been the amp i was using ..or it just may have been Me i dono.

Glad you're happy with your purchase but for future reference you may want to keep this old saying in mind because, to me anyway, you come across as a hump.

Remain silent and people may think you're stupid - open your mouth and you remove all doubt.
    Soundcloud - Lights on Project

-Pete

Post Thanks / Like

LoL ...I figured i'd get the ol' "pics or work". here It is : http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...0&id=614400297

PS Don't mind the silly pictures there ..although i did meet one of the trailer park boys stars !

Post Thanks / Like

Nice geetar and super nice case. Congrats.
    Guitars/Bass - MIM Fender Classic 50s Strat, MIM Fender Standard Strat, Squier Classic Vibe 50s Tele, Gibson Les Paul Studio, Epi '56 Gold Top Les Paul, Martin DSR acoustic, Sigma Martin Auditorium electric/acoustic, Squier Jazz Bass.

Amps/Cabinets/Modelers - Model 2558 50 watt Marshall Silver Anniversary Jubilee combo w/ Celestion Vintage 30s, 4x12 Marshall cabinet w/25 watt Greenback Celestions, Fender Blues Junior w/ a couple of Billm mods, Line 6 POD 2.0, Roland Micro Cube

Pedals/Effects - Cry Baby Classic Wah, Boss TU-2, Boss NS-2, Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Ross Compressor, MXR Micro Amp, Danelectro FAB Echo, Danelectro FAB Chorus, Danelectro Chicken Salad, Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Marshall Echohead, Duhvoodooman's Zonkin' Yellow Screamer, Digitech Digiverb, Digitech Bad Monkey, Dunlop Fuzz Face, Homemade Loop Bypass pedal, Duhvoodooman's Sonic Tonic (Maxon SD-9 clone +), Voodoo Labs Superfuzz

Post Thanks / Like

Thanksss

Post Thanks / Like

looks great! : enjoy! :

ww
    Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR
    Brownsville Reso - 101 Electric Reso : Fender GDO-300 Maple Quilt Top Acoustic

Amps: Fender Super Champ XD

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Post Thanks / Like

Hey that Fender Dunsonic is a nice ride also.Sumi

Post Thanks / Like

I've played the Jimmie Vaughan signature strat before and was quite impressed. I haven't tried the SRV strat though...I've settled on two American standards.

If you like the guitar, that is what counts. I've heard some guitarists take a Squier and play through a Peavey Bandit, and it was tonal heaven, and I've heard guitarists play a PRS through a "boo-teek" amp and I wanted to stab my ear drums to put myself out of the misery.

In other words, if it works for you that is what counts. I've played the tex-mex pups before too (had them on a couple guitars I used to own,,,the original tex mex strats) and I thought they sounded pretty good.
    Guitars: 2003 and 2004 American series strats, Squier Classic Vibe 50's Strat, Squier Deluxe Strat.

Amps: Line 6 Spider IV 120, Vox AD50VT 212, and Peavey Transtube Bandit 112.

Pedals: Digitech Bad Monkey.