Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Spring Officially Arrived

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

Ahhhhh, gets better with each passing day. Today it's almost 60 and the windows are open and getting some fresh air in the house.

The grass is starting to green-up and I'll probably give it one more week before I remove the plow from the tractor and install the cutting deck.

The dogs and the cat are all sun bathing by the south facing windows. They seem to enjoy the idea that the cold is gradually disappearing.
    Mark
    * Loud is good, good is better!

North of the Equator: I am a Southerner, Southern Ontario!
    Post Thanks / Like

Just washed the SUV. Such a pleasure now that I only have one. Down sized from two and loving it.
    Spent a couple hours with my wife, and 10 bags later we have the Garden cleaned up, and already there are some little green sprouts poking through.
    In Gardeners terminology we are inZone 6b which is quite southerly for Canada. I actually have an Acuba that is growing like crazy. The only other place I have seen one is North Carolina.
    The Blues is alright!

Guitars: 1968 Gibson SG, 2005 Gibson SG Standard, 2006 Gibson LP Classic Gold top, 2004 Epiphone Elitist LP Custom, 1996 Gibson Les Paul Standard. 2001 Epiphone Sheraton II, 2007 Epiphone G400.
    Fender Strats: 1996 Fender 68 Reissue CIJ, 2008 Squier CV 50s, 2009 Squier CV 50s Tele Butterescotch Blonde

Amps: Blues Junior Special edition Jensen in Brown Tolex with Wheat front, 65 Deluxe Reverb reissue,1970 Sonax reverb by Traynor, Avatar Custom 2/12 Cabinet with Eminence Legend V1216 speakers,
    2008 DSL100 Marshall Amp , Fender Super Champ XD,Fender Vibro Champ XD

Effects and Pedals: Fulltone Fulldrive II, Fulltone OCD, Fulltone Mini Deja Vibe, Fulltone Fat Boost, Dunlop Crybaby Wah, Boss DS1, Boss DD20 Giga Delay, Boss TU2 tuner, Boss BD2, Ibanez TS9 Tube screamer, Zoom 505. Radial tonebone hot british.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSwede
    I saw two nice birds today.. must have been around 20... :
    You crack me up SuperSwede!
    Guitars:

Electric: Washburn HB-30, Squier Tele Custom Deluxe, Jay Turser Strat.
    Acoustic: Seagull S6.

AMPs: VOX AD30VT, Peavey Envoy 110.

Modelers: V-AMP 2, Digitech RP-100A.

Pedals: Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble, Digitech Bad Monkey, Ibanez DE7 Delay/Echo, DOD VFX40B 7-Band Graphic EQ, Ibanez CS-5 Super Chorus.

Post Thanks / Like

In about another hour I will cooking my first BBQ of the new year. I love pork chops on the BBQ A few beers will help eliminate waitng for the porkers to finsih cooking.
    Guitars:

Pedals: Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble, Digitech Bad Monkey, Ibanez DE7 Delay/Echo, DOD VFX40B 7-Band Graphic EQ, Ibanez CS-5 Super Chorus.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice! We had a BBQ last night (but we had to eat indoors)...
    Pork chops, haloumi cheese and grilled veggies + tsatziki. Oh my
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

The birds are starting to come as I mentioned earlier, and the driveway is melted off so that I could bike around with the kids yesterday, but the temp was only about 34 F, and there is still 6 inches to two feet of snow over much of the yard. More where is was plowed up or drifted in over the winter. Our back patio, with the seating and fireplace, is definitely still buried. Few more weeks yet to wait here.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

The cook out was great, but it did chill down real quick after the sun started to set.

I have 2 Bluebird boxes set up way back in the backyard. Carolina Chickadees are taking resident in one box. About 4 weeks ago I put up 2 feeders in the backyard. So far I have had Northern Cardinals, Carolina Chickadees, American Goldfinches, Redheaded Woodpeckers, and Dark-Eyed Juncos at my feeder in the last week. Things are beginning to pick up at the feeder.

Maybe some of the Southern Fretters could send some warm weather up North to eliminate the left over snow and help spring new buds on tress and bushes.
    Guitars:

Post Thanks / Like

It's snowing again here today. I just saw a robin with a trench coat on.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Yup, light snow falling here as well.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

No natural fallen snow to be found, only snow in the store parking lots where it is piled up. Today it is suppose to be about 61° F /16° C. We have full sunshine today which is a rare occurrence being situated near the Great Lakes.
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

no snow here....should be in the mid 80's but we will be getting afternoon thunderstorms....

ww
    Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR
    Brownsville Reso - 101 Electric Reso : Fender GDO-300 Maple Quilt Top Acoustic

Amps: Fender Super Champ XD

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Post Thanks / Like

It's another beautiful day in Central Texas. Temp is at 64 right now with a predicted high of 80. We're planning on breaking out the boy's hamburger/mozzarella/sun-dried tomatoes recipe on the grill tonight (only we're using regular hamburger meat this time).
    Guitars and other stringed instruments: Washburn D10S, Washburn EA52SWCE, Washburn Cumberland J28SDL, Washburn D46S12, D'Aquisto Centura, Rover RM-50B Mando

Amps and Cabs: Behringer AT108, Firefly Tube Amph, Blackheart Little Giant BH5H, Shiner's Custom Cab v.1.0

". . . because without beer, things do not seem to go as well . . ." Brother Epp, Capuchin Monastery, Munjor, Kansas 1902

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by luvmyshiner
    We're planning on breaking out the boy's hamburger/mozzarella/sun-dried tomatoes recipe on the grill tonight (only we're using regular hamburger meat this time).
    yummy....

ww
    Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR
    Brownsville Reso - 101 Electric Reso : Fender GDO-300 Maple Quilt Top Acoustic

Amps: Fender Super Champ XD

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Post Thanks / Like

What a jump in seasons, just a couple of weeks ago if it wasn't snowing, it was cold and raining.

Yesterday was in the low 70's, came home and put new brakes on one of the cars, removed the snow plow from the tractor, and then went and played my guitar.

Today it was in the low 80's and sunny. Came home from lessons, attached the cutting deck, cut and trimmed the lawn, cut back the ornamental grass, and now I'm going to play some guitar and chat with the fretters on and off for awhile.
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

Tomorrow, Sunday is more snow and 45 mph winds for us. Happy happy joy joy.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12