Thread: Thoughts on Intro

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Thoughts on Intro

I notice a lot or at least some new fretters pass over "The Fret Players". Sometimes it may be intentional, but I think people tend to miss it.

A couple of thoughts.

1) Put it as the first section in the list.

2) Change the name to something like "Your Solo - The Fret Players" or "Your Intro - The Fret Players".

You could go with "Hey Stupid, Start Here", but that's not really a good introduction to the forum and I wouldn't see membership climbing with that approach.

Just some thoughts along with my 2 cents.
    Mark
    * Loud is good, good is better!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

It has been a while since I signed up, but I followed the traditional track and asked a question first, then was kindly directed to the players section for intro. Maybe a notice or direction could be made part of the registration process.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sunvalleylaw
    It has been a while since I signed up, but I followed the traditional track and asked a question first, then was kindly directed to the players section for intro. Maybe a notice or direction could be made part of the registration process.
    We should probably cover the notification that Spud will want and make a comment about beer money.

edit: Steve, I did the same as you and made a post or two before being directed to The Fret Players section - A request that they probably now regret.
    Mark
    * Loud is good, good is better!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    Steve, I did the same as you and made a post or two before being directed to The Fret Players section - A request that they probably now regret.
    Not a chance!
    Gearlist:
    Electric: Ibanez 'AS103', Fender Dlx Nash Pwr Tele, Fender Squier '62 JV Strat, Squier '51, Squier 60's Classic Vibe Strat, Epi Elite LP Studio, Hagstrom Swede Acoustic: Larrivee LV-03RE, A&L AMI, Yamaha FG340-T Bass: Yamaha BB 450 Amps: Roland JC-120, JC-50, Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Champ XD Pedals: Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Danelectro Cool Cat Drive, Transparent Overdrive, Digitech Digiverb, Bad Monkey, Ibanez TS-9, Boss AC-2, CE-5, CS-2, DD-3, DF-2, DS-1, FV-100, GE-7, OC-2, PSM-5, SD-1, TU-2, DVM~BYOC 'Lush Puppy' Chorus