Thread: Adapter for RC-20xl looper?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Adapter for RC-20xl looper?

Hi all,

Do any of you know if a generic ac adapter can be used with this looper? My brother just bought one and the instructions say you must use a proprietary adapter, and do not indicate the polarity of the plug....

Thanks, TJC

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I use a used ibanez one I picked up on the bay and it works fine. A similar Danolectro wall wart I have also works. I am not sure how noisy it is, as I always use the ibanez, but it lights it up. It works also on my One spot chained power supply but tends to make noise when not using it's own power source for some reason.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Get the Ibanez or Boss adapters or a One Spot. They have filters that make the juice quieter. The Loop Station is susceptible to noise so get the good stuff or the noise will drive you crazy. I tried to be cheap at first and finally got a good adapter and it makes a huge difference.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, guys - it's a great help to be able to learn from the experience of others. Saves time and money, too!

TJC