Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Gig tonight and I'm sick as a dog.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gig tonight and I'm sick as a dog.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Gig tonight and I'm sick as a dog.

I managed to come down with a pretty good dose of bronchitis and I'm sapped out....................................and we're playing a gig tonight. I've played gigs sick before so I know to pace myself and take in plenty of water. The meds I was prescribed are potent and space me out a bit. I just hope I can hold the edge for the night.

Going to be an interesting night.........................
    Guitars: 2008 Gibson SG Classic, 2006 Gibson Les Paul Standard LE, 2002 Gibson SG Supreme, 2001 Gibson Les Paul Studio Plus, 1996 Les Paul Studio Gem, American Deluxe Double Fat Strat, Bluesville "Super" Strat Copy, MIK Fender "Limited Edition" Tele, JD Bluesville "Night Pilot", Yamaha AES 820, Steinberger Spirit GT Pro, Taylor 355CE, Ovation 1897 Adamas, Ovation CC057 Celebrity

Amps: Axe FX centered rack rig, Mesa 4x12 cab. Germino Club 40, Johnson JM150 Millennium, Johnson JM250 Millennium, Gibson Titan Medalist Frankenstein.

Effects: Tonebone Trimode, EH Holy Grail, Boss CH-1, Dunlop Crybaby Classic, Framptone Amp Switcher, THD Hot Plate, Yamaha AG Stomp Acoustic Processor, Boss BCB-60 Pedal Board.

Post Thanks / Like

Just remember, there's nothing like a few beers to take the edge off of prescription drugs. It will put you in the right place for that 90 minute free form jazz odyssey you and the band have been meaning to do.
    Patrick

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hubberjub
    Just remember, there's nothing like a few beers to take the edge off of prescription drugs. It will put you in the right place for that 90 minute free form jazz odyssey you and the band have been meaning to do.

LOL!
    Guitars: 2008 Gibson SG Classic, 2006 Gibson Les Paul Standard LE, 2002 Gibson SG Supreme, 2001 Gibson Les Paul Studio Plus, 1996 Les Paul Studio Gem, American Deluxe Double Fat Strat, Bluesville "Super" Strat Copy, MIK Fender "Limited Edition" Tele, JD Bluesville "Night Pilot", Yamaha AES 820, Steinberger Spirit GT Pro, Taylor 355CE, Ovation 1897 Adamas, Ovation CC057 Celebrity

Amps: Axe FX centered rack rig, Mesa 4x12 cab. Germino Club 40, Johnson JM150 Millennium, Johnson JM250 Millennium, Gibson Titan Medalist Frankenstein.

Effects: Tonebone Trimode, EH Holy Grail, Boss CH-1, Dunlop Crybaby Classic, Framptone Amp Switcher, THD Hot Plate, Yamaha AG Stomp Acoustic Processor, Boss BCB-60 Pedal Board.

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Och, that's not good. Hope the meds bite fast.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

sorry to hear that plank....maybe a healthy meal of pancakes will help you make it through the show!! : :

ww
    Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR
    Brownsville Reso - 101 Electric Reso : Fender GDO-300 Maple Quilt Top Acoustic

Amps: Fender Super Champ XD

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Post Thanks / Like

The meds are helping greatly, but they're making me just a tad spaced out. I'm going to have to dial in hard to stay with it tonight.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Plank_Spanker
    The meds are helping greatly, but they're making me just a tad spaced out. I'm going to have to dial in hard to stay with it tonight.
    Might as well turn out to be the best gig yet
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSwede
    Might as well turn out to be the best gig yet
    i don't know ss....i don't thing any musician has ever performed while taking drugs!!

ww
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by warren0728
    i don't know ss....i don't thing any musician has ever performed while taking drugs!!

ww
    Ahh... my bad :
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

I think I'm going to skip the heavy meds for tonight. I need my wits about me.

Post Thanks / Like

Here ya' go Plank, buckwheat pancakes. Just what the doctor ordered...

Hey, if it's good enough for these guys, it's good enough for me...:

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/hea...ecipes/NU00568

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Plank_Spanker
    The meds are helping greatly, but they're making me just a tad spaced out.
    If that's the case then you'd better play bass.

Some of my best gigs have been when I've been in less than an acceptable state of being. Here's to wishing you well tonight.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck Plankster. At least you're not the singer!
    I pick a moon dog.

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck, and hope ya get to feeling better soon!!!
    2006 Washburn WD55SW Augusta, 2006 Washburn J28S12DL, Washburn EA20SDL,
    2008 American Standard Fender Telecaster
    2008 Rondo Limited Edition SST, G&L ASAT Semi-Hollow, Gibson LP Ultra

Post Thanks / Like

Good Luck PLank and try putting on the auto pilot!

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I survived and played fairly well considering it was like out of body experience....................nothing like playing driving rock when your mind and body are in a different area code.

By the middle of the last set I was physically near the end of my rope, but I gutted it out.

I think I'll take it easy today and just rest.........................:

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Hope the pay was good! I wouldn't have wanted to be in your shoes that night...

You're a real man, Plank.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, Robert. I hope I don't have to do that again anytime soon.

Post Thanks / Like

glad you made it through...i'm sure having a new guitar in the house will make you feel better!!

ww

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast