Thread: Fire in Quebec City

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fire in Quebec City

The Quebec City (Manège militaire ) armoury has been destroyed by a big fire .Here s a link to see this event ..You can see some videos and photos too..

Here are spectacular photos and videos of the fire on the Armoury of Quebec. It is a great loss to Quebec City. Built in 1885 by architect Eugène Tache, this huge building was originally intended for the Cavalry. The Armoury was also the only Armoury classified national heritage of Canada. Everything inside was varnished wood (including huge ceilings).

http://spiq.ca/v2/reportages/2008_04...ire/index.html

My user name has nothing to do with it ..

Blazes:
    Last edited by Blaze; April 9th, 2008 at 05:12 AM.
    My SoundClick -- Rubber Band -- Jazz Trio

--Quebec made 1978 Norman B-30 , Martin Dc 15E , Suzuki Archtop
    -- Fender Start Reissue 57 , Ibanez AR 300 , Peavy Falcon ,Xaviere Xv600,
    -- Fender Telecaster , Charvel_Jackson , Framus Lapsteel
    --Rc boost,Ts9 ,Coolcat-ToD,GGG Fuzz Face, Boss Ce2 , Rc Booster ,Tone driver , Boss dd2 , Boss Gt8 (effects _effects loop)
    --Amp:Traynor Ycv40 wr -- Blackstar HT5-- Car :Toyota Tercel 1999..

/ `--'(
    < [] []////////|:::-)
    \_.--.(

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, spectacular photos Blaze. What a shame to loose such a beautiful building.
    Guitars and other stringed instruments: Washburn D10S, Washburn EA52SWCE, Washburn Cumberland J28SDL, Washburn D46S12, D'Aquisto Centura, Rover RM-50B Mando

Amps and Cabs: Behringer AT108, Firefly Tube Amph, Blackheart Little Giant BH5H, Shiner's Custom Cab v.1.0

". . . because without beer, things do not seem to go as well . . ." Brother Epp, Capuchin Monastery, Munjor, Kansas 1902

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

That is terrible indeed. The oldest military building in all of North America, I heard.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Thats a shame , Quebec City is the most beautiful City in NA. love the Frontinac .. Oldest Military building in NA is in St. Johns , Newfoundland , it dates from 1698.. St Johns was a city when Manhatten was still a swamp .
    Love Quebec ,, GO HABS GO .
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Marty DiBergi: "This tasteless cover is a good indication of the lack of musical invention within. The musical growth of this band cannot even be charted. They are treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry."
    Nigel Tufnel: That's just nitpicking, isn't it?

Post Thanks / Like

That surely was one beautiful building. Any idea how the "blaze" was stated?

I know a retired police officer from Quebec. I met him when I lived in St. Augustine Florida. I met him trough ham radio as they stayed at one of the local camping grounds. He and his wife would stop and visit us while traveling to south of Tampa Florida. It was some kind of Canadian summer community. His wife spoke very little English, but the wives got a long great.
    Guitars:

Electric: Washburn HB-30, Squier Tele Custom Deluxe, Jay Turser Strat.
    Acoustic: Seagull S6.

AMPs: VOX AD30VT, Peavey Envoy 110.

Modelers: V-AMP 2, Digitech RP-100A.

Pedals: Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble, Digitech Bad Monkey, Ibanez DE7 Delay/Echo, DOD VFX40B 7-Band Graphic EQ, Ibanez CS-5 Super Chorus.