Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Nhl Playoffs Start Tonite. - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Nhl Playoffs Start Tonite.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by djmcconnell
    I was at the Wild game last night at the Ex. What an exciting game. We totally dominated Denver in every stat that counts -- the score. Crap!

We out-shot (by a factor or 3), out-hit, out-hustled, outclassed, and out-played them, but still took the loss.
    The Wings did the same thing to the Predlies last night. I was not a happy camper when they scored with less than a minute left. Franzenstein's backhander in OT made everything all better though.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

I may be the lone Sens fan here.

What a year, and I don't mean that in a good way. Started off on fire, cooled off considerably, almost stumbled out of the playoffs down the stretch, and then swept out by the Pens. Ouch.

It's going to be a very long summer in Ottawa, I can tell you that. Maybe we'll finally get a real goalie...

A transplanted Ottawa fan in Flyerville, PA,
    Bob
    Guitars: Jimmie Vaughan Strat, 2001 Affinity Squier Strat with 70's Japanese pickups, Affinity Squier Tele
    Amps: Fender Pro Junior w/ Ragin' Cajun speaker, Peavey Delta Blues 115
    Pedals: Ibanez TS9DX w/ Humphrey mod, Dunlop Crybaby Wah, Dano PB&J Delay, Arion Tubulator w/Indyguitarist mod, Boss CS-3, Dano Fish and Chips EQ, Boss CH-1, Dano TunaMelt Tremolo, Boss RV-3, Boss DS-1
    Strings: Darco 10's

Post Thanks / Like

I saw the best game tonight Canadiens Bruins!!!

Its on game 7!!!
    Last edited by mrmudcat; April 19th, 2008 at 09:00 PM.
    "I love being alive and I will be the best man I possibly can. I will take love wherever I find it and offer it to whoever will take it... seek knowledge from those wiser and teach those who wish to learn from me."
    "Develop your talent, man, and leave the world something. Records are really gifts from people. To think that an artist would love you enough to share his music with anyone is a beautiful thing."
    Duane Skydog Allman

You come to a point in your life when you really don't care what people think about you, you just care what you think about yourself." - Evel Knievel

Post Thanks / Like

What a great day! My Wings go on to the second round and a possible matchup with the Nordilanche and the Ducks get to pick out their favorite golf shirts. Ahhhh. Let me enjoy this . . .
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

Wings are looking kinda good, but 7 games to dispatch the Preds? Makes me wonder.

Bob
    Guitars: Jimmie Vaughan Strat, 2001 Affinity Squier Strat with 70's Japanese pickups, Affinity Squier Tele
    Pedals: Ibanez TS9DX w/ Humphrey mod, Dunlop Crybaby Wah, Dano PB&J Delay, Arion Tubulator w/Indyguitarist mod, Boss CS-3, Dano Fish and Chips EQ, Boss CH-1, Dano TunaMelt Tremolo, Boss RV-3, Boss DS-1

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by birv2
    Wings are looking kinda good, but 7 games to dispatch the Preds? Makes me wonder.
    Six, actually. The only teams that the Wings have had trouble with in the past couple of regular seasons are the "lowly" members of the Central. If Hasek could've stopped a beach ball in Nashville it would have been five games. Truth be told, I predicted six games at the beginning of the series.

The Sharks and Habs have both gone to game sevens against what were supposed to be vastly inferior teams. Just show you that there's no such thing as an easy round in the NHL playoffs.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by marnold
    Six, actually.
    My bad. Still, it's hard to understand why it would take them 6 games. Sens fans miss Hasek, especially after this year! But he's either on or off, and it's all about riding a hot goalie in the playoffs, as you know.

Who's the hottest goalie so far? Fleury, Biron? Someone else?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by birv2
    My bad. Still, it's hard to understand why it would take them 6 games. Sens fans miss Hasek, especially after this year! But he's either on or off, and it's all about riding a hot goalie in the playoffs, as you know.

Who's the hottest goalie so far? Fleury, Biron? Someone else?
    Ironically, I would have to say Ellis (at least until the mid-ice meltdown), but now he's going home. Beyond that no one has really played awesome through the whole series. Turco played pretty well, but the Wings 0wn him so I'm not worried if they end up facing the Stars in the future. Ozzie stopped 53 of 54 for the Wings, but he only played 2.5 games. The one he gave up nobody could stop. Fleury played well, but the Sens' main guns were out. Here's the list from NHL.com:

Save percentage leaders:
    CuJo (only played one game)
    Ozzie
    Fleury
    Theodore
    Ellis

GAA leaders:
    CuJo
    Ozzie
    Fleury
    Theodore
    Turco

Note that you do not see Kiprusoff, J.S. Giguere, Nabakov, or Brodeur on that list.

FWIW, Dom is dead last in save percentage in the playoffs.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by marnold
    Six, actually. The only teams that the Wings have had trouble with in the past couple of regular seasons are the "lowly" members of the Central. If Hasek could've stopped a beach ball in Nashville it would have been five games. Truth be told, I predicted six games at the beginning of the series.
    Lowly?
    The preds were one of the best teams in hockey last season.
    And don't get me started on the "if" stuff.
    Go easy on the Preds.
    You are right about Ellis being hot.

The new ownership was on the radio today talking about actually spending money this off season so be ready to deal with us for a few years to come.

From the loudest NHL arena. Lets Go Predators!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by merlin
    Lowly?
    The preds were one of the best teams in hockey last season.
    And don't get me started on the "if" stuff.
    Go easy on the Preds.
    You are right about Ellis being hot.

The new ownership was on the radio today talking about actually spending money this off season so be ready to deal with us for a few years to come.

From the loudest NHL arena. Lets Go Predators!!!!!!!!
    Please reread what I wrote in the context of the question that was asked. I was replying to a comment questioning the Wings for taking seven (actually six) games to knock out the Preds. Note that I put lowly in quotation marks. Every year the Wings get questioned because of the division they play in, yet every year it is the division rivals that give them the hardest time.

I hope the Predlies do well. I was sickened by what ownership did to the team last year. As far as them spending money goes, I'll believe it when I see it. I don't trust their management nor Bettman's involvement any farther than I can throw the Joe.

As far as the loudest goes, that may have been true in the playoffs but certainly wasn't in the regular season. They averaged 13,400 in attendance in a 17,113 stadium. Given what ownership did, I'm not surprised by that. Yeah, yeah, I know the Wings have had issues at the Joe too, although it holds 3K more people.

Nothing against Nashville, but I'm looking forward to the change in the NHL schedule. It is ridiculous that Detroit would rarely get to play the eastern Original Six franchises, especially Toronto.

Post Thanks / Like

Totally with you on most of this, Marnold.

It's a testament to the resilience of the sport that it's survived the Bettman era.

And nothing against any of the fans in those cities (I'm glad they're getting into hockey), but it seems weird to have teams in Nashville, Tampa Bay, Columbus, etc. Basically, they were allowed in so that the other owners could split the "entry fees". But the end result, in my opinion, is a diluted product.

But hey, that's just my view. Let's just enjoy the playoffs!

Bob

Post Thanks / Like

good points Marnold, but our new ownership is local guys that I do trust. They have done a great job so far.

I do agree with you about the schedule. It will be nice to get some of those eastern teams in here more than once every 4 years.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Washington vs Flyers

I hope Washington will win tonight ,just to get a Habs vs Capitols serie..Should be hell of a 7th game ..

: Blazes
    My SoundClick -- Rubber Band -- Jazz Trio

--Quebec made 1978 Norman B-30 , Martin Dc 15E , Suzuki Archtop
    -- Fender Start Reissue 57 , Ibanez AR 300 , Peavy Falcon ,Xaviere Xv600,
    -- Fender Telecaster , Charvel_Jackson , Framus Lapsteel
    --Rc boost,Ts9 ,Coolcat-ToD,GGG Fuzz Face, Boss Ce2 , Rc Booster ,Tone driver , Boss dd2 , Boss Gt8 (effects _effects loop)
    --Amp:Traynor Ycv40 wr -- Blackstar HT5-- Car :Toyota Tercel 1999..

/ `--'(
    < [] []////////|:::-)
    \_.--.(

Post Thanks / Like

Just passing by to say I dig Hockey.. actually I can`t stand basketball, north-american football, baseball.. but hockey IS COOL!

Like my ex-boss once said "You like it probably because it is soccer on skates!"
    Last edited by Iago; April 22nd, 2008 at 02:07 PM. Reason: adding quote

Post Thanks / Like

Let's see here. I believe the Penguins are playing the Rangers Friday night. Opening game starts at 7:00 PM DST in Pittsburgh at Mellon Arena "The Igloo".

I must put my broom out on my front porch once more during the second round.

Let's go Penguins!!!
    Guitars:

Electric: Washburn HB-30, Squier Tele Custom Deluxe, Jay Turser Strat.
    Acoustic: Seagull S6.

AMPs: VOX AD30VT, Peavey Envoy 110.

Modelers: V-AMP 2, Digitech RP-100A.

Pedals: Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble, Digitech Bad Monkey, Ibanez DE7 Delay/Echo, DOD VFX40B 7-Band Graphic EQ, Ibanez CS-5 Super Chorus.

Post Thanks / Like

Got to say I can't see the Pens sweeping the Rangers as easily as they swept my Sens!

I will root for them though.

Bob

Post Thanks / Like

Oh No ! I agree. As I stated in an earlier post, the Rangers are normally the Penguins hardest team to beat. This is the match up I do not like to watch. The New York Rangers are a very good team. I do not know if I will be drinking more beer or bitting my nails the most.

Although I originally come from Pittsburgh, hockey is not very popular in Florida, where I spent my last 30 plus years. I am now just getting back into the game. I picked a good time to come back home.
    Guitars:

Electric: Washburn HB-30, Squier Tele Custom Deluxe, Jay Turser Strat.
    Acoustic: Seagull S6.

AMPs: VOX AD30VT, Peavey Envoy 110.

Modelers: V-AMP 2, Digitech RP-100A.

Pedals: Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble, Digitech Bad Monkey, Ibanez DE7 Delay/Echo, DOD VFX40B 7-Band Graphic EQ, Ibanez CS-5 Super Chorus.

Post Thanks / Like

WHOA!!! HOCKEY TALK!!!

I thought I was the only one watching!

San Jose has been my favorite team ever since they knocked off Detroit in 1994. They lost a heartbreaker to Dallas last night... hope the get back on track in game 2. If they lose this series, they are going to start looking like Hockey's version of the old Boston Red Sox: always a good team and makes the playoffs, but breaks your heart and spirit every season.

Any predictions for the remaining 8 teams???
    "It's funny the way most people love the dead. Once you are dead, you are made for life." - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like

I'm cautiously optimistic about the Wings. They looked really good today. The Avs really need to get Floppa back.

Trem: A good friend of mine is a huge Sharks fan. He brought up the '94 series and the subsequent meeting in the first round next year. He said he knew they were in trouble when the signs at the Joe simply said, "Revenge!"

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast