Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Nhl Playoffs Start Tonite.

Post Thanks / Like

Great games by all teams. I must say I was highly impressed by the Penguins come back from a 3 - 0 game in the second period to take game #1 with a score of 5 - 4. Game 2 is today at 2:00 PM EST.

The Philadelphia/ Montreal last night was also a great game to watch. Lots of action as hockey should be.

Best of luck to all NHL teams in their quest to win the Stanley Cup.

Tremolo - How's everything been with you? I have not sen you on the Fret Net lately. I hope all is well with you. I was good to see you in the photograph that Robert posted.
    Guitars:

Electric: Washburn HB-30, Squier Tele Custom Deluxe, Jay Turser Strat.
    Acoustic: Seagull S6.

AMPs: VOX AD30VT, Peavey Envoy 110.

Modelers: V-AMP 2, Digitech RP-100A.

Pedals: Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble, Digitech Bad Monkey, Ibanez DE7 Delay/Echo, DOD VFX40B 7-Band Graphic EQ, Ibanez CS-5 Super Chorus.

Post Thanks / Like

Great Philly vs. Montreal game last night!

I'm torn who to cheer for. Montreal is Boston's arch enemy and knocked us out of the playoffs more times than any team has in professional sports. There is plenty of bad blood between both teams over the years.

Philly has taken several cheap shots at Boston this year and were assessed 3 game suspensions in games vs. the Bruins early in the season. The worst one was the Randy Jones hit from behind that knocked out our best player Patrice Bergeron for the season with this boarding penalty.

I was surprised by the lack of discipline the Flyers showed by taking another 5 minute major last night it. It put Montreal right back in the game and almost wound up costing them. Very exciting matchup nonetheless!

Marnold: I don't know if San Jose and Detroit will get a chance to meet again based on San Jose's poor play. They have been absolutely DREADFUL once they gain a lead. If they don't win tonight they're tuna!
    "It's funny the way most people love the dead. Once you are dead, you are made for life." - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, I watched that one. Great game indeed.

GO PENS!!

We may be playing Philadelphia. 3rd round being played in the same state. That would be wild.

Enough said.
    Guitars:

Pedals: Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble, Digitech Bad Monkey, Ibanez DE7 Delay/Echo, DOD VFX40B 7-Band Graphic EQ, Ibanez CS-5 Super Chorus.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tremoloman
    Marnold: I don't know if San Jose and Detroit will get a chance to meet again based on San Jose's poor play. They have been absolutely DREADFUL once they gain a lead. If they don't win tonight they're tuna!
    Nope. The fat lady isn't singing just yet, but she's warming up.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

North of the Equator: I am a Southerner, Southern Ontario!
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey Marnold: My brother lived in Detroit, and I got him to get me a Jersey from Joe Louis. I wear it everytime I play on the red team. I grew up in Hamitlon Ontario and our Junior A team was the Red Wings. I got to see a lot of the current brass play when they were kids.
    I really love the way they control the puck and it is a pleasure to watch.
    Go Wing Go.
    The Blues is alright!

Guitars: 1968 Gibson SG, 2005 Gibson SG Standard, 2006 Gibson LP Classic Gold top, 2004 Epiphone Elitist LP Custom, 1996 Gibson Les Paul Standard. 2001 Epiphone Sheraton II, 2007 Epiphone G400.
    Fender Strats: 1996 Fender 68 Reissue CIJ, 2008 Squier CV 50s, 2009 Squier CV 50s Tele Butterescotch Blonde

Amps: Blues Junior Special edition Jensen in Brown Tolex with Wheat front, 65 Deluxe Reverb reissue,1970 Sonax reverb by Traynor, Avatar Custom 2/12 Cabinet with Eminence Legend V1216 speakers,
    2008 DSL100 Marshall Amp , Fender Super Champ XD,Fender Vibro Champ XD

Effects and Pedals: Fulltone Fulldrive II, Fulltone OCD, Fulltone Mini Deja Vibe, Fulltone Fat Boost, Dunlop Crybaby Wah, Boss DS1, Boss DD20 Giga Delay, Boss TU2 tuner, Boss BD2, Ibanez TS9 Tube screamer, Zoom 505. Radial tonebone hot british.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ZMAN
    Hey Marnold: My brother lived in Detroit, and I got him to get me a Jersey from Joe Louis. I wear it everytime I play on the red team. I grew up in Hamitlon Ontario and our Junior A team was the Red Wings. I got to see a lot of the current brass play when they were kids.
    I really love the way they control the puck and it is a pleasure to watch.
    Go Wing Go.
    Very cool! I grew up just north of you (if my geography is correct) in Bay City, MI. Believe it or not, a former girlfriend got me hooked on the Red Wings. She was a huge hockey fan, especially of the local AHL affiliate in Saginaw. I saw, among others, Eddie the Eagle before he moved to the big club in Chicago.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by marnold
    Nope. The fat lady isn't singing just yet, but she's warming up.

She is still singing!!

Great game 4 for the San Jose Sharks. Sharks 2 / Dallas 1. Thanks to Marleau, the Sharks scored a second night with a 4 on 5 Dallas Power play. No sweep for Dallas this time. It’s back to San Jose.

Awesome game Philadelphia!! Philadelphia 4 / Montreal 2. Briere's goal gives Flyers 3-1 series lead over Montreal. Briere scored on a rebound with 3:38 left to lift Philadelphia to a 4-2 win over the Canadians on Wednesday night and a 3-1 lead in the Eastern Conference semifinals. R.J. Umberger scored into an empty net in the final seconds, his second goal of the game. Can the Flyers eliminate the top-seeded Canadians in Game 5 on Saturday night in Montreal?
    Guitars:

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tim
    She is still singing!!

Great game 4 for the San Jose Sharks. Sharks 2 / Dallas 1. Thanks to Marleau, the Sharks scored a second night with a 4 on 5 Dallas Power play. No sweep for Dallas this time. It’s back to San Jose.
    Has Marleau been forgiven now that he's had back-to-back shorties? He was pretty much the goat for jumping out of the way of the game-winning goal the other night.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice game last night from the Rangers. It's back to Pittsburgh for their death. Yager should go to Hollywood after last night's performance on the ice.

Let's go PENS
    Guitars:

Post Thanks / Like

Well, evidently the Wings learned from the Nashville series. They didn't give the Avs any air to breathe and chased Jose for the third time. I don't know how keen I am on them having a bunch of time off, but as Mike Babcock said, ending a series means no more games where someone can be hurt. The Stanley Cup playoffs are a war of attrition.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by marnold
    The Stanley Cup playoffs are a war of attrition.
    Injuring the spleen is not a healthy thing for the body. I hope Avery has full recovery.
    Guitars:

Post Thanks / Like

Nice game last night from the Rangers. It's back to Pittsburgh for their death. Yager should go to Hollywood after last night's performance on the ice.

Let's go PENS

Nice try Rangers, but you did not try hard enough. It is now off the the Turnpike Playoffs with the Philadelphia Flyer's.

Yager really should go play for the Russia team. He would not be booed in Pittsburgh any more.

Let's go PENS
    Guitars:

Post Thanks / Like

Not to many Fretters active on this post.

We are down to the final four. Dallas and Detroit for the Western Division and Pittsburgh and Philadelphia for the Eastern Division.

Injuries, injuries, injuries, and more injuries. I love a good hard hitting game. (banging on the backboards)

Good luck to all teams. : :

GO PENS!!!
    Guitars:

Post Thanks / Like

Although I live closer to Philly, I'm pulling for the Pens now that my beloved Sens are playing golf.

I think the Pens have too much speed and firepower for the Flyers, and if Fleury stays strong, they should win this series. Against Detroit? I'll have to think about that.
    Guitars: Jimmie Vaughan Strat, 2001 Affinity Squier Strat with 70's Japanese pickups, Affinity Squier Tele
    Amps: Fender Pro Junior w/ Ragin' Cajun speaker, Peavey Delta Blues 115
    Pedals: Ibanez TS9DX w/ Humphrey mod, Dunlop Crybaby Wah, Dano PB&J Delay, Arion Tubulator w/Indyguitarist mod, Boss CS-3, Dano Fish and Chips EQ, Boss CH-1, Dano TunaMelt Tremolo, Boss RV-3, Boss DS-1
    Strings: Darco 10's

Post Thanks / Like

The Flyers have a lot of work to do if they are going to make a series out of this. For starters, they need to control the puck in their own end a LOT better or this will be over in another two games. Injuries haven't helped the Flyers, but I will make no excuses for them. They are simply being out-played by the Pens right now. Things could change, but I don't see it happening.

Out West, I hate to say this, but Detroit is just too good for Dallas to stand a chance. Their ability to create scoring chances is phenomenal, and the guys that they have know how to finish. Most of their good chances end up in the net. I think Dallas may win a game in Dallas, but I don't think this series will be going 7 games [Dallas will be lucky to get it to 5].

I think Detroit is too strong for Pittsburgh too, but a team with Crosby and Malkin always stands a chance, so we'll see what happens.

At least Tim is happy, his team is winning.
    "I happen to have perfect situational awareness, Lana. Which cannot be taught, by the way. Like a poet's ... mind for ... to make the perfect words." - Sterling Archer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by R_of_G

At least Tim is happy, his team is winning.
    OH YEA!!!!!!!!

Actually, I have been enjoying all games played by all the teams. It's just that some games are a bit more enjoyable than others. If you know what I mean? :
    Guitars:

Post Thanks / Like

OH YEA!!!!!!!!

Actually, I have been enjoying all games played by all the teams. It's just that some games are a bit more enjoyable than others. If you know what I mean? :
    I know exactly what you mean. If the Flyers were up 2-0 instead of down 2-0 it'd be a lot more enjoyable. That said, I think they did a bit better in game 2, but still not enough to get a win out of it. Playing with 5 defensemen after Coburn got hurt definitely hurt their chances, but they still need a greater team effort.
    "I happen to have perfect situational awareness, Lana. Which cannot be taught, by the way. Like a poet's ... mind for ... to make the perfect words." - Sterling Archer

Post Thanks / Like

So both Dallas and Philly still have life in them. It's an uphill task for both of these teams for sure having to beat Detroit and Pittsbugh respectively in four straight games, but it is not impossible, just highly unlikely. We shall see how it plays out.

Some observations on Pitt/Phi Game #4

The Flyers finally showed up for game 4, but only for the first two periods. The third period they were not trying to win but trying to not lose, and they came within a goal of doing just that. They still don't show that killer instinct. They had their foot on the Penguins neck but refused to press down. Martin Biron's goaltending won that game for them. The team defense fell apart in the third. They will need 60 minutes of solid hockey to win game 5 in Pittsburgh.

Also, Sydney Crosby may have all the talent in the world, but he is a crybaby. I have never seen anyone in the NHL whine to the referees after every single play about penalties he thinks should have been called. He's got more talent than anyone since Mario, but he needs to quit the griping and just play the game. At least he didn't take a dive in game 4 like he has in almost every game so far these playoffs.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry, there was no game #4 for the Penguins. They just ice skated around the Wachovia area to pass time.

Where would you want the Prince of Wales trophy to be present to them. In Philadelphia with an arena full of boos or back home where everyone stayed after the game to cheer on their winning team?

We are on to the Stanley Cup. May the best team win.

GO PENS
    Guitars:

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast