Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Nhl Playoffs Start Tonite.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Nhl Playoffs Start Tonite.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Nhl Playoffs Start Tonite.

Any hockey fans looking foreward to the begining of the playoffs as much as me? Love this time of year .. March Maddness , NHL Playoffs , Baseball, a sports lovers dream .. my NHL picks .. outta the east ..Montreal , outta the west.. Detroit , same Stanley Cup final as in 1966 .
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Marty DiBergi: "This tasteless cover is a good indication of the lack of musical invention within. The musical growth of this band cannot even be charted. They are treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry."
    Nigel Tufnel: That's just nitpicking, isn't it?

Post Thanks / Like

Just two words. GO PENGUINS!
    Guitars:

Electric: Washburn HB-30, Squier Tele Custom Deluxe, Jay Turser Strat.
    Acoustic: Seagull S6.

AMPs: VOX AD30VT, Peavey Envoy 110.

Modelers: V-AMP 2, Digitech RP-100A.

Pedals: Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble, Digitech Bad Monkey, Ibanez DE7 Delay/Echo, DOD VFX40B 7-Band Graphic EQ, Ibanez CS-5 Super Chorus.

Post Thanks / Like

God Love Ya , Tim .. I do give the Pens the series over The Sens , but they dont have the goaltending to come out of the East , Gotta love Crosby, Malkin ,the Kids are alright.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Marty DiBergi: "This tasteless cover is a good indication of the lack of musical invention within. The musical growth of this band cannot even be charted. They are treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry."
    Nigel Tufnel: That's just nitpicking, isn't it?

North of the Equator: I am a Southerner, Southern Ontario!
    Post Thanks / Like

I hate to say it but my Redwings, are looking pretty solid going in. Glad that we won't have to watch the Leafs. I can't understand how they kept Maurice. His lack of any kind of system for coming out of his own end, and that dump and chase mentality, is hard to watch.
    Now the Wings on the other hand!
    The Blues is alright!

Guitars: 1968 Gibson SG, 2005 Gibson SG Standard, 2006 Gibson LP Classic Gold top, 2004 Epiphone Elitist LP Custom, 1996 Gibson Les Paul Standard. 2001 Epiphone Sheraton II, 2007 Epiphone G400.
    Fender Strats: 1996 Fender 68 Reissue CIJ, 2008 Squier CV 50s, 2009 Squier CV 50s Tele Butterescotch Blonde

Amps: Blues Junior Special edition Jensen in Brown Tolex with Wheat front, 65 Deluxe Reverb reissue,1970 Sonax reverb by Traynor, Avatar Custom 2/12 Cabinet with Eminence Legend V1216 speakers,
    2008 DSL100 Marshall Amp , Fender Super Champ XD,Fender Vibro Champ XD

Effects and Pedals: Fulltone Fulldrive II, Fulltone OCD, Fulltone Mini Deja Vibe, Fulltone Fat Boost, Dunlop Crybaby Wah, Boss DS1, Boss DD20 Giga Delay, Boss TU2 tuner, Boss BD2, Ibanez TS9 Tube screamer, Zoom 505. Radial tonebone hot british.

Post Thanks / Like

Let's go Flyers. Nobody is picking them to do anything againsy the Caps but the Caps are, essentially, a one line team. Granted, that line has Ovechkin on it, but still, that team is not deep enough to go 7 games with anybody. I see NJ coming out the East, I just think Brodeur is that good. Pittsburgh is good not great. The Rangers are ok. Montreal is WAY over-rated, and playing an inexperienced goaltender.

In the West, I hate the Wings, but they are the strongest team. San Jose is primed for a fall. Maybe not in round 1, but they aren't going to the finals this year says I. Everyone else is cannon-fodder.

We shall see...
    "I happen to have perfect situational awareness, Lana. Which cannot be taught, by the way. Like a poet's ... mind for ... to make the perfect words." - Sterling Archer

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Go Oilers!
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry i don t like the Hab s even from a quebecor , i was and i ll always be a Nordiques de Quebec fan..

Watch out for Washington Capitals and mr.Ovetchkin, they ad Chris Huet, former hab s goalie in the net , they could be in the race..

Cheers

Blazes

Post Thanks / Like

Drop the puck!

I'm a huge Wings fan so a Wings-Habs finals would be awesome. Shades of Howe-Richard.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

hey i live in florida....not much of a hockey fan....our hometeam magic basketball team is doing pretty good though....

ww
    Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR
    Brownsville Reso - 101 Electric Reso : Fender GDO-300 Maple Quilt Top Acoustic

Amps: Fender Super Champ XD

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Post Thanks / Like

Big Predators fan here.
    sorry Red wings fans but I feel a upset coming.

Post Thanks / Like

Let's Go Penguins

Penguins 4, Senators 0
    Guitars:

Pedals: Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble, Digitech Bad Monkey, Ibanez DE7 Delay/Echo, DOD VFX40B 7-Band Graphic EQ, Ibanez CS-5 Super Chorus.

Post Thanks / Like

Ok! Game #3 tonight.

Eastern Conference Quarterfinals Highlight:

Game #1 - Penguins 4 / Senators 0
    Game #2 - Penguins 5 / Senators 3

The pressure is on the Penguins due to two reasons. 1. They will be playing the next two games away. 2. The fans at ScotiaBank Place can get really loud.

An easy solution to win the next two games is simple. Keep the puck away from th other team. Good offensive games is all that is required to win the Divison.

Let's Go Penguins!
    :
    Guitars:

Post Thanks / Like

Oh yea!!!

Well I am proud of my home team during this Eastern Division Playoffs.

Tonights Game: Penguins 4 / Senators 1

Standing Division Game Review:

Penguins 3 / Senators 0

Game 4 coming this Wednesday night.

LET"S GO PENGUINS

Sorry my Canadian friends.
    Guitars:

Post Thanks / Like

Game 3
    Flyers 6 Capitals 3
    Flyers lead series 2-1.

So far they have been able to contain Ovechkin (only 2 pts in series) and really get under the skin of Washington goaltender Cristobal Huet. Far from over, but the Flyers have looked like the better team for two straight games now.:
    "I happen to have perfect situational awareness, Lana. Which cannot be taught, by the way. Like a poet's ... mind for ... to make the perfect words." - Sterling Archer

Post Thanks / Like

The Penguins sweep the Eastern Division 4 wins back to back.

Final score for tonight game Penguins 3 / Senators 1.

Fleury the gold tender stopped the Senators from scoring many times.

Great series by both teams. Now on to the second round, Eastern Conference Finals. Who shall we play New Jersey or New York?

Go Penguins!!!
    Guitars:

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tim
    Now on to the second round, Eastern Conference Finals. Who shall we play New Jersey or New York?
    i don't think it's necessarily NY or NJ next. the penguins had the #1 seed, IF the #6 flyers beat the caps [they are up 2-1] and assuming the #7 Bruins don't beat MTL, then wouldn't the pens play the flyers next? the flyers would be the next lowest seed left [NJ and NY are the 4 & 5]? these other series are still happening, so the Pens get a rest, but now the key is keeping the momentum up for a week while these other series play out. Hard to do sometimes when not playing. still, good for them getting thru round 1 even if it was over a terrible Sens team. any of the potential round two opponents should provide better competition for them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by R_of_G
    i don't think it's necessarily NY or NJ next. the penguins had the #1 seed, IF the #6 flyers beat the caps [they are up 2-1] and assuming the #7 Bruins don't beat MTL, then wouldn't the pens play the flyers next? the flyers would be the next lowest seed left [NJ and NY are the 4 & 5]? these other series are still happening, so the Pens get a rest, but now the key is keeping the momentum up for a week while these other series play out. Hard to do sometimes when not playing. still, good for them getting thru round 1 even if it was over a terrible Sens team. any of the potential round two opponents should provide better competition for them.
    You are correct RoG. But I have no doubt that the Penguins will be playing the New York Rangers. A team that always gives them problems. Getting past the Rangers is my major concern.
    Guitars:

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tim
    But I have no doubt that the Penguins will be playing the New York Rangers.
    The more I think about it, the more I see that it is not possible for the Pens to play the Rangers in the next round. The NHL re-seeds teams after round 1. Even if the Caps win the series against the Flyers, they would be seeded lower than either the Rangers or Devils [bc of a lower reg season point total] and have to play the #1 Pens. If Montreal beats Boston, Pittsburgh will get the winner of Washington/Philly whoever it turns out to be {Flyers now lead 3 games to 1}. You may see a Rangers/Pens matchup, but it won't be in round 2.

Post Thanks / Like

I was at the Wild game last night at the Ex. What an exciting game. We totally dominated Denver in every stat that counts -- except the score. Crap!

We out-shot (by a factor or 3), out-hit, out-hustled, outclassed, and out-played them, but still took the loss.

It's Saturday or bust, now.
    Last edited by djmcconnell; April 19th, 2008 at 12:52 PM.

Guitars: Takamine F-349, PRS Mira
    Pedals: Line 6 M13 Stompbox Modeler, Boss TU-2 Tuner
    Amp: VOX Valvetronix AD30VT, Ultrasound AG-50DS4

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast