Thread: Internet Radio

Post Thanks / Like

Default Internet Radio

I thought that "Have you heard?" would be the appropriate section for this thread.

I am currently listening a lot to internet radio stations, and would like to share my favorites with you (and hopefully get a few new ones as well).

Smoothjazz.com is a great channel if you want to listen to that smooth´n´groovy jazz music. I have found several new artists there, and there is really a lot of great guitar work to be heard!

Sky.fm/smoothjazz is another fine smoothjazz channel that is worth a listen.

www.shoutcast.com allows you to find a LOT of streaming radio channels...
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

i like attention span radio...a mix of jazz, funk and rock from the years 1969 to the present...

http://attentionspanradio.net/
    Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR
    Brownsville Reso - 101 Electric Reso : Fender GDO-300 Maple Quilt Top Acoustic

Amps: Fender Super Champ XD

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Post Thanks / Like

Cool links guys. Thanks.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

http://www.pandora.com gets my vote. You can choose your style of music.
    Guitars: Squier Standard Tele; Fender MIM fat strat; Traveler Speedster
    Amp: Vox AD30VT; Vox DA5; Fender Frontman 25R
    Other: DigiTech Bad Monkey; Tascam CD-GT1; Korg Pandora
    GAS'n for: Nothing at the moment!

Post Thanks / Like

i have pandora bookmarked and use it sometimes...mostly i use itunes on my mac and just choose one of the stations....i listen to attention span radio sometimes when i'm working because it is an ecclectic blend of (mostly) instrumental stuff.

ww
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Blogan, Pandora was really cool!
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSwede
    Thanks Blogan, Pandora was really cool!
    they must have one heck of a musical database with a lot of cross references to make pandora work. It is pretty impressive....

ww

Post Thanks / Like

I like garageband.com it's like the old mp3.com. They have originals uploaded from the artists. Some great tunes and you can choose your genere (sp) or upload your own original songs.
    -Ray

Post Thanks / Like

For us aging headbangers, there's always Hard Radio.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Blogan. I love the Pandora.com. I have already built my own favorites. Great for the office.
    Guitars:

Electric: Washburn HB-30, Squier Tele Custom Deluxe, Jay Turser Strat.
    Acoustic: Seagull S6.

AMPs: VOX AD30VT, Peavey Envoy 110.

Modelers: V-AMP 2, Digitech RP-100A.

Pedals: Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble, Digitech Bad Monkey, Ibanez DE7 Delay/Echo, DOD VFX40B 7-Band Graphic EQ, Ibanez CS-5 Super Chorus.

Post Thanks / Like

Pandora is really cool. I had the opportunity to visit their headquarters with the company that I work for. They have a whole staff of musicians that create their database that makes their music reccomendation engine work.

These musicians listen to music of all types and assign various attributes to the songs based on musical parameters like tempo, complexity of the chord changes, texture of the singer's voice, and instrumentation etc. These attributes for each song go into this huge database that drives their music reccomendation engine. They keep track of the songs that you like and try to find other songs in their database with similar musical attributes. This is a better way to reccomend music to people rather than just blindly reccomending other artists songs based on marketing data (ex. "users who like this song also bought artist x songs"). They try to home in on the kind of musical attributes that you like rather than only reccomending other artists in the same genre. This was all done as part of a large project called the music genome project. It's a very interesting idea.

They have so many musicians that work at Pandora that they have a stage w/ instruments at their workplace to allow musicians to jam together on their lunch hour.

-- Jim

Post Thanks / Like

I want to work there. How can I apply?
    Guitars:

Electric: Washburn HB-30, Squier Tele Custom Deluxe, Jay Turser Strat.
    Acoustic: Seagull S6.

AMPs: VOX AD30VT, Peavey Envoy 110.

Modelers: V-AMP 2, Digitech RP-100A.

Pedals: Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble, Digitech Bad Monkey, Ibanez DE7 Delay/Echo, DOD VFX40B 7-Band Graphic EQ, Ibanez CS-5 Super Chorus.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the tip. Pandora is awesome!

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Hey, thanks guys, you've made my week (listening to Otis Rush on Pandora as I type this)!
    Rob Smith
    I AM the bass player!

GUITARS: '93 ZON Sonus 4, '85 G&L L-2000 (Mahogany), '05 Schecter Stiletto Custom 4, '06 SX SJB-62MG (Fretless), '07 Squier Bronco (project), '06 Ibanez AEB10E-BK acoustic bass, '70s Epiphone OO-sized acoustic, '94 Peavey Reactor (extreme makeover edition)

AMPS: '03 Ampeg BA115 bass combo, '86 Peavey MkIV Series 400 bass head, SWR Workingman's cabs, 2x10" & 1x15", '00 Peavey Micro Bass

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tim
    I want to work there. How can I apply?
    At the bottom of the page, where it says "We're Hiring."
    Rob Smith
    I AM the bass player!

GUITARS: '93 ZON Sonus 4, '85 G&L L-2000 (Mahogany), '05 Schecter Stiletto Custom 4, '06 SX SJB-62MG (Fretless), '07 Squier Bronco (project), '06 Ibanez AEB10E-BK acoustic bass, '70s Epiphone OO-sized acoustic, '94 Peavey Reactor (extreme makeover edition)

AMPS: '03 Ampeg BA115 bass combo, '86 Peavey MkIV Series 400 bass head, SWR Workingman's cabs, 2x10" & 1x15", '00 Peavey Micro Bass