Thread: Gorilla bass / keyboard amp

Post Thanks / Like

Default Gorilla bass / keyboard amp

Hi has any 1 ever had any thing to do with the brand Gorilla ? ( I have been told they are old school no longer around)
    I am looking at a 70 watt for jamming around the house it has 2 switchs for punk boost & slap . With the usall dials ie bass , presence etc
    The amp is 4 hours away but right price + a 30day return if not happy deal
    Thanks
    Bass a natural finish Jazz bass with a SX rosewood neck with white block inlay GFS Jazz PUPS Suzuki clasical guitar Behringer BX1800 amp
    Guitar (sons) Epiphone SG310 Epiphone LP junior Takamine 836D Chrous , wah volume , echo , overdrive pedals Ashton 80 watt amp

Post Thanks / Like

A friend of mine had a little Gorilla combo back in college. To be totally honest, I thought it sounded like complete and utter garbage. But I'm guessing it was the rock-bottom-low-end model.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

Hi it doesnt matter as it has been sold
    Bass a natural finish Jazz bass with a SX rosewood neck with white block inlay GFS Jazz PUPS Suzuki clasical guitar Behringer BX1800 amp
    Guitar (sons) Epiphone SG310 Epiphone LP junior Takamine 836D Chrous , wah volume , echo , overdrive pedals Ashton 80 watt amp

Post Thanks / Like

Without ever hearing a Gorilla amp, I can't comment on whether or not they are a decent amp.

What I can offer though is that there are ALOT of good amps out there that can be grabbed at a reasonable price off of ebay, or even new. Search around and try a few, and read the posts on here about different amps.
    Guitars: 2003 and 2004 American series strats, Squier Classic Vibe 50's Strat, Squier Deluxe Strat.

Amps: Line 6 Spider IV 120, Vox AD50VT 212, and Peavey Transtube Bandit 112.

Pedals: Digitech Bad Monkey.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by marnold
    A friend of mine had a little Gorilla combo back in college. To be totally honest, I thought it sounded like complete and utter garbage. But I'm guessing it was the rock-bottom-low-end model.
    You mean Gorilla had something OTHER than the rock-bottom-low-end models?

I remember Gorilla amps back when I first started playing in the late 80's. They were the cheapest things around and even though my friends and I were just starting out and playing crap like Memphis and Cort Effector guitars, WE knew Gorilla amps were garbage. Regardless of which Gorilla amp it is and what it's priced at, at a four hour travel time (one way OR round trip), the entire amp isn't worth the cost of gas.....even if you're driving a scooter.

Let's say you were getting it with the intention of modding it. The only mod that makes any sense with a Gorilla brand amp is taking the speaker out, throwing it in the trash, then take the rest of the amp and throw THAT in the trash too.
    Last edited by Danzego; April 14th, 2008 at 08:28 PM.