Thread: JamMan power

Post Thanks / Like

Default JamMan power

Question for those of you with a Digitech JamMan...

Can I use a power adapter other than the one that comes with the JamMan, i.e. one of those 1-spot/daisy chain power supplies or possibly a DC Brick? Not sure if they make an extension adapter that will fit the power jack of the JamMan (or for that matter if they can even power it at 1.3A). I'm planning to buildout a pedalboard and would like to minimize the number of power adapters.

Thanks!

Guitars: 2001 Fender Fat Strat (MiM), Epi Les Paul Plus Top, 2004 Taylor 310ce, Washburn Rover
    Amps: Vox AD50VT, Fender Blues Jr.
    Pedals/Gear: DVM's ZYS, Fulltone OCD, Dunlop Crybaby 535Q, Boss TU-2, Digitech JamMan, Presonus TubePre, Boss BR-600

Post Thanks / Like

I would tell you that yes you can use a different adapter BUT the polarity needs to match and it needs to be a quality filtered power supply probably one designed for effect pedals.

The looper pedals seem to like their own distinct power supply to work their best and to limit the amount of noise they pick up. So don't include it in a power chain. Make sure it has its own clean power and all should be good. Don't cheap out or you wont be happy.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Careful.. the Jamman is 9 volts AC @ 2 A

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the advice Spudman and ted. Probably best to keep the looper on it's own power supply. After a little digging, I couldn't find an adapter that would allow to include the jamman in a daisy chain.

Guitars: 2001 Fender Fat Strat (MiM), Epi Les Paul Plus Top, 2004 Taylor 310ce, Washburn Rover
    Amps: Vox AD50VT, Fender Blues Jr.
    Pedals/Gear: DVM's ZYS, Fulltone OCD, Dunlop Crybaby 535Q, Boss TU-2, Digitech JamMan, Presonus TubePre, Boss BR-600