Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Place your bets - I'm running Boston Maraton on April 21, 2008

Post Thanks / Like

Robert,

Congrats on a great job! It was a pleasure to finally be able to meet both Ted and yourself. I had an absolute blast and I'm happy to hear you enjoyed our city in the short time you were here. Please make this an annual trip so we can schedule a Fret.Net jam! I'd be happy to host such an event if we could get something going.

26 miles... damn that's a long run!

And remember not to tell anyone about that $50,000 Tele!
    "It's funny the way most people love the dead. Once you are dead, you are made for life." - Jimi Hendrix

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

What Tele... or they will hunt us down and place the head of a horse on our pillows... then they sink us in the harbour.

Thanks Scott for meeting up with me! I enjoyed that afternoon a lot with you and Ted. You guys are great. I might just be back next year.

How's that SX neck I brought? I haven't yet had time to look at the one you gave me.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    Robert
    I take solace in knowing that when the rest of the nation is frying in the summer heat us Rocky Mountain folks will be feeling pretty smug with our much more civil temperatures. (I hope I didn't just jinx us):
    Never been to San Diego have you? It's basically 72 & sunny with low humidity year around.
    I pick a moon dog.

North of the Equator: I am a Southerner, Southern Ontario!
    Post Thanks / Like

I just got back from Boston on Friday. I went down for a Game at Fenway. We took the T and it was cool. Headed down to Quincy market area in the evening for Dinnah and drinks. Stayed at the overpriced Holiday Inn in Beacon hill. The more I see of that town the more I like it.
    BTW I told some of my friends who live in Boston about your time Robert and they were VERY impressed. They watch it every year.
    The Blues is alright!

Guitars: 1968 Gibson SG, 2005 Gibson SG Standard, 2006 Gibson LP Classic Gold top, 2004 Epiphone Elitist LP Custom, 1996 Gibson Les Paul Standard. 2001 Epiphone Sheraton II, 2007 Epiphone G400.
    Fender Strats: 1996 Fender 68 Reissue CIJ, 2008 Squier CV 50s, 2009 Squier CV 50s Tele Butterescotch Blonde

Amps: Blues Junior Special edition Jensen in Brown Tolex with Wheat front, 65 Deluxe Reverb reissue,1970 Sonax reverb by Traynor, Avatar Custom 2/12 Cabinet with Eminence Legend V1216 speakers,
    2008 DSL100 Marshall Amp , Fender Super Champ XD,Fender Vibro Champ XD

Effects and Pedals: Fulltone Fulldrive II, Fulltone OCD, Fulltone Mini Deja Vibe, Fulltone Fat Boost, Dunlop Crybaby Wah, Boss DS1, Boss DD20 Giga Delay, Boss TU2 tuner, Boss BD2, Ibanez TS9 Tube screamer, Zoom 505. Radial tonebone hot british.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool, maybe we can find more fretters to join up next April!
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats Robert. well done.

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

The race has been over for almost a week and I see this thread keep on popping up in the "new post" notice. Are we still taking bets??? My entry is 3:01:33 - PM me if I won the guitar and amp.
    Mark
    * Loud is good, good is better!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    The race has been over for almost a week and I see this thread keep on popping up in the "new post" notice. Are we still taking bets??? My entry is 3:01:33 - PM me if I won the guitar and amp.
    Ha, ha, Strum! And now it's back at the top.....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by oldguy
    Well, I'm home for the weekend catching up and.......... Robert, congrats!
    Job well done!
    It's also nice to hear of you fellows meeting up there and doing some playing and G.A.S.ing over that old Tele. Cool stories.
    I think it's awesome you finished the marathon so soon with the calf problem.:

As mentioned a few pages back, a small donation to TheFret has been sent. I would imagine more will follow soon, considering the great time you turned in, even with the calves seizing up.:
    Oldguy, thanks a lot for doing that! Contributions such as yours help to make this a better place to be.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by oldguy
    Well, I'm home for the weekend catching up and.......... Robert, congrats!
    Job well done!
    It's also nice to hear of you fellows meeting up there and doing some playing and G.A.S.ing over that old Tele. Cool stories.
    I think it's awesome you finished the marathon so soon with the calf problem.:

As mentioned a few pages back, a small donation to TheFret has been sent. I would imagine more will follow soon, considering the great time you turned in, even with the calves seizing up.:

As I said I would, I just joined ya Glenn with a small donation. Thanks for the suggestion! And Robert, congrats on the race and trip. It looks like it was a lot of fun. : I love active vacations.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Sunvalley! Appreciate the support immensely!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234