Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Me and My New Strat
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Me and My New Strat

Post Thanks / Like

Default Me and My New Strat

Hey everyone! Vinni Smith here. I am sorry I haven't been on line much the past few months. I have been working 11 hour days, 5-6 days a week and then coming home and making picks until 10:30PM a lot of times. Just getting tired. But guess what! I gave my notice at work this last Friday. Due to my job description, I gave them 2 months instead of 2 weeks. I thought they would appreciate that and they did indeed.

Anyway, this thread is not about that. It is about my Strat that I purchased this year. This one here..... http://www.musiciansfriend.com/produ...ter?sku=511973

I am so happy with this guitar. I used it all morning today at church again. We play a vast array of styles there. From Rock to Country and I even played some Jazz on it today. Man, this guitar sings. I have never played a Strat that was so musical! I don't know if it is the pickups or the Ash body or the neck or what. But whatever it is, it works. This thing really blows wind up my skirt!

I did want to say, Heaven help you guys after this June. I will be working with V-Picks all day long here at our home and I will have some nice break times when I can actually come to the computer and chit chat with some buddies about guitars and strings and amps and whatever. Well, that is when Mrs V is not looking. So, enjoy your break from me now because you will probably get pretty tired of my stuff then.......
    You don't need a different guitar!
    You need a different guitar pick!

www.v-picks.com

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Vinnie! Welcome back

The musiciansfriend link doesnt seem to be correct?
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

Think I found your Strat, Vinni.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/produ...ter?sku=511973

Nice looking one! :
    Guitars (All Lefty): Fender MIM Wine Red Telecaster
    Washburn D10SCELHBK
    Greg Bennett (Samick) Avion AV3/LH/CS
    Franken-Strat (Maple Neck / Black Body & Pickguard / 2-Point Tremolo / GFS Alnico Single-coil Pups / Gold Hardware)
    2 Fullerton Standard Strats; Sunburst w/ GFS Overwound P'ups and Black w/ GFS Lil Killer Rail 'Buckers
    Fullerton Deluxe Dreadnought
    Amp: Blackheart BH1HS Killer Ant Half Stack (Bitmo Ant Eater Kit)
    Crate V18-112 (Goodsell RGM Speaker / Accutronics Tank / Switch R4 - R10 Mod)
    Pignose G40V (Jensen MOD Speaker / DC Heater Mod / Pentode:Triode Switch)
    Fender Champion 30 Reverb (Accutronics Tank / Jensen MOD Speaker)
    Speaker Cab: Lopo 1x12 Tweed Convertible w/ Eminence GB128 Speaker
    Pedals: Korg ToneWorks AX1000G, AX5G, & AmpworksG Modeling Signal Processors
    Boss DS-1 (Rectifier Tri-Gain Plus Mod); CS-3 (Opto Plus Mod); SD-1 Super (GT Mod); GE-7 (Plus Mod)
    Fender PT-100 Tuner
    E.H. Big Muff Pi (US)
    S.D. Pickup Booster
    Ibanez CF7 Chorus/Flanger
    Alesis NanoVerb
    ART Tube MP Studio (OPA2604 Op Amps) (On Champion 30)
    Behringer NR100 & OD100

Post Thanks / Like

Oh that is nice Vinnie Smith
    "I love being alive and I will be the best man I possibly can. I will take love wherever I find it and offer it to whoever will take it... seek knowledge from those wiser and teach those who wish to learn from me."
    "Develop your talent, man, and leave the world something. Records are really gifts from people. To think that an artist would love you enough to share his music with anyone is a beautiful thing."
    Duane Skydog Allman

You come to a point in your life when you really don't care what people think about you, you just care what you think about yourself." - Evel Knievel

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vinni Smith
    This thing really blows wind up my skirt!
    Uh oh! So that was you in that photo. And you tried to make me think you were the short handsome guy and not the babe in the picture.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

I am used to playing PRS guitars. I wasn't looking for a Strat at all. One of the guys at church came in with one of these. I like the neck especially. Jumbo frets give lots of bite and snap. The intonation is quite good on this guitar too. I usually put Buzz Feiten nuts on all of my players but I don't think this one needs it at all. I have heard a lot of bad things about the noiseless pickups but you couldn't prove anything bad by me about them. I think they really sing. And yes, they are noiseless. No buzz at all!

www.v-picks.com

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats!

But now we need to see photos of your actual guitar.

You know what they say... pics or it didn't happen!

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Congrats, Vinnie! That is a sweet looking guitar.

I'll have to say the Jeff Beck signature Strat is awesome too. I tried a while ago and I was very impressed. It stays in tune like you wouldn't believe, no matter how violently you yank the whammy bar.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WackyT
    Think I found your Strat, Vinni.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/produ...ter?sku=511973

Nice looking one! :
    Ahh, now I can see it. A real beauty! I love the grain, and the maple fretboard together. Congrats!
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Krashpad
    Congrats!

But now we need to see photos of your actual guitar.

You know what they say... pics or it didn't happen!

OK OK. So I girlied it up a bit. And yes Spuds, I am a handsome little dude!

Last edited by Vinni Smith; April 14th, 2008 at 10:22 PM.

www.v-picks.com

Post Thanks / Like

So are those the Vintage Noiseless or Samarium Cobalt pickups? Do you know what the pot values are?

I'm curious because I have a set of Vintage Noiseless in a guitar and I'm not quite happy with the sound...yet. If I can find out what works for you maybe I'll try the same values for the pots and actually have a guitar that sounds like it should without the noise.

Post Thanks / Like

How do those differ from the pups Robert has in his Deluxe Spud? His pups sound pretty good.
    Guitars/Bass - MIM Fender Classic 50s Strat, MIM Fender Standard Strat, Squier Classic Vibe 50s Tele, Gibson Les Paul Studio, Epi '56 Gold Top Les Paul, Martin DSR acoustic, Sigma Martin Auditorium electric/acoustic, Squier Jazz Bass.

Amps/Cabinets/Modelers - Model 2558 50 watt Marshall Silver Anniversary Jubilee combo w/ Celestion Vintage 30s, 4x12 Marshall cabinet w/25 watt Greenback Celestions, Fender Blues Junior w/ a couple of Billm mods, Line 6 POD 2.0, Roland Micro Cube

Pedals/Effects - Cry Baby Classic Wah, Boss TU-2, Boss NS-2, Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Ross Compressor, MXR Micro Amp, Danelectro FAB Echo, Danelectro FAB Chorus, Danelectro Chicken Salad, Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Marshall Echohead, Duhvoodooman's Zonkin' Yellow Screamer, Digitech Digiverb, Digitech Bad Monkey, Dunlop Fuzz Face, Homemade Loop Bypass pedal, Duhvoodooman's Sonic Tonic (Maxon SD-9 clone +), Voodoo Labs Superfuzz

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Spud and I have the same pickups.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    So are those the Vintage Noiseless or Samarium Cobalt pickups? Do you know what the pot values are?

I'm curious because I have a set of Vintage Noiseless in a guitar and I'm not quite happy with the sound...yet. If I can find out what works for you maybe I'll try the same values for the pots and actually have a guitar that sounds like it should without the noise.
    How do I check and find out what the pot values are???

v

www.v-picks.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vinni Smith
    How do I check and find out what the pot values are???

v
    You would need to remove the pickguard and the ohms number is usually stamped on the back of the pot casing. Maybe Voodooman knows of a less intrusive way to do it?

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the pics.

I'm no help with all these tech questions, though, sorry!

pes_laul Guest

Dang thats a nice looking guitars: the tone and volume knobs are a nice touch

Post Thanks / Like

The Sienna Burst and ash looks outstanding!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys. I love this thing. Yeah, the color is quite different indeed. At first I thought it to be a bit girlie but I have gotten over that.

www.v-picks.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast