Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Fouke Industrial Guitars

Thread: Fouke Industrial Guitars

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fouke Industrial Guitars

I followed a link from stringdog.net & found this:

http://www.industrialguitar.com/guitars.html

Very interesting. I'd never heard of them before.
    I pick a moon dog.

Post Thanks / Like

kinda gives a whole new meaning to "lap steel" doesn't it...

Post Thanks / Like

Nice, glue a fretboard to a George Foreman Lean Mean Grillin' Machine, screw on a bridge ... et voila : :

Post Thanks / Like

Those miniature resonators on some of the steels look really interesting.
    Electric: Fat strat > Korg PB > TS7 > DS1 > DD-20 > Cube 60 (Fender model)

Acoustic: Guitar > microphone > audience

Post Thanks / Like

I've had two Industrials; a lap steel and a sort of LP. I sold the lap steel because I just couldn't take the time to learn it, as I wanted it for Hawaiian and country steel and never could feel good with those tunings. It was a great instrument, though. I still have the guitar. It's the one in the site gallery called the Classic Paul. I have that actual instrument. It's not much like a real LP, as it has an (of course) aluminum top and back and a phenolic rim and it's fully hollow. It also is wired like a Hamer (volume-volume-tone) and has a Fender-scale neck. I have a set of custom-made ToneForDays humbuckers in it and it just flat smokes. Very versatile tones, and compares favorably with my Hamer. I just put in a set of TonePros studs and that seemed to actually improve things, in terms of clean sounds, but it's subtle. I love the guitar, it's just a little heavy for me with a shoulder problem I've developed over the years. I have an Epi PL that's actually heavier, though.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info bek. Could you describe the difference that the aluminum makes in the tone?
    I pick a moon dog.

Post Thanks / Like

Geeze, I'm sorry I forgot about this forum. I don't post from anywhere but work (standby sort of job) and it can be awhile between opportunities. On the supposition you'll search for your posts: to me, I don't hear a metallic sound when I play it. My tech (a true, US-Fender fan) is terribly impressed by these pickups (ToneForDays humbuckers, still in the guitar). They have tremendous touch-sensitivity and responsiveness, not to mention Tone For Days! He tells me they would sound better in a wooden guitar and I have a few different axes I could (and should) try them in to really learn something. I should put them in my Hamer, which is the lightest one of them so I would like that (weight matters more as I get older!). I have to say the Industrial does not give me the thinline/ES feel I would expect from a hollowbody. I've been GASing for that sound ever since I sold my Sheraton. Would love to try these things in a Dot or Lucille, though I'm intrigued by the notion of retaining the long scale....

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks bek!

If you want a fully-hollow Fender-scale guitar the Eastwood Tuxedo looks very interesting. It has 2 P90s though.

http://www.thefret.net/showthread.php?t=4436
    I pick a moon dog.

Post Thanks / Like

I've seen that before, and liked it. It reminds me of my old Harmony Stratotone Jupiter (the 2-pickup one with the 3-way switch), which was a great guitar. I've thought of a 72 Thinline, or else just forget the long-scale thing and get any one of dozens of decent standard 335-types. Last great concert I went to, with incredible tone, was Matisyahu. His player used an Epi Riviera into a Vox AC30, with some delay and it sounded amazing.

Post Thanks / Like

this one has a built in clock....!

guitars-esp m1,esp vintage plus strat,85 gibson LP std,Hamer std,hagstrom xl-5,takamine 330r
    amps-egnater tweaker,epi vj w/brat mod
    efx-byoc/dvm comp, j cantrell wah,ocd,catalinbread dls,wampler plextortion,ibanez chorus,tech21 boost dla

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like someone turned their scrap-metal into a guitar:

Post Thanks / Like

What time is it? Time to get down!

Youch Rocket, I'd be afraid of trying to tune that'un.
    I pick a moon dog.

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tot_Ou_tard
    What time is it? Time to get down!

Youch Rocket, I'd be afraid of trying to tune that'un.
    No need to fear, it appears it might be an early Gibson Robot prototype.
    Mark
    * Loud is good, good is better!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    No need to fear, it appears it might be an early Gibson Robot prototype.
    It looks to be a seagoing vessel with an astrolabe

perhaps it is an instrument for communicating with Poseidon.
    I pick a moon dog.