Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
headphones

Thread: headphones

Post Thanks / Like

Default headphones

I'm thinking about getting a set of headphones to practice late at night with out disturbing the family (and neighbors).

What type of headphones do you fretters use? All i have now are my ipod earphones....

ww
    Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR
    Brownsville Reso - 101 Electric Reso : Fender GDO-300 Maple Quilt Top Acoustic

Amps: Fender Super Champ XD

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Post Thanks / Like

I use the Sony MDR-7506 studio professional headphones. They cost <$100 and I love them. You can find these in almost any commercial studio.
    For cheap try the Behringer headphones.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Check out the Sennheiser HD201 headphones! I've been reading some glowing reviews of their amazing performance for the money. For example:

HD201 Review @ Headphone.com

And Sennheiser is certainly a highly respected name. I ordered a pair from Amazon for $18, and they count toward $25 free shipping, too. So order a book or CD with 'em, and you're there.

Sennheiser HD201 headphones @ Amazon
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by duhvoodooman
    Check out the Sennheiser HD201 headphones!
    wow....those look great and like you said get great reviews. And for the price if i don't like them i can give them to my son!

And of course i can always find music to order to get it over $25 for free shipping!

I'm gonna go see what Ron has in stock (like to support the local guys) He'll probably have the behringers and some higher end stuff too. The nice is that i can try them there to make a decision!

ww
    Last edited by warren0728; April 13th, 2006 at 09:49 AM.
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Post Thanks / Like

Warren - I bought a pair at GC for $39.00 and they work fine. My ears can't tell the difference in frequencies any more. I also use them at night to watch my ever-growing DVD library. I bought a 12-foot extension so the headsets reach the recliner for that comfortable TV watching position. I also use them for computer CD playing and Audacity recording.
    Guitars:

Electric: Washburn HB-30, Squier Tele Custom Deluxe, Jay Turser Strat.
    Acoustic: Seagull S6.

AMPs: VOX AD30VT, Peavey Envoy 110.

Modelers: V-AMP 2, Digitech RP-100A.

Pedals: Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble, Digitech Bad Monkey, Ibanez DE7 Delay/Echo, DOD VFX40B 7-Band Graphic EQ, Ibanez CS-5 Super Chorus.

Post Thanks / Like

which ones tim....the Sennheiser HD201?

ww

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    I use the Sony MDR-7506 studio professional headphones. They cost <$100 and I love them. You can find these in almost any commercial studio.
    For cheap try the Behringer headphones.
    I have the same.. ditto...they are awesome... guy at work turned me onto them about a year ago... comfy and sound great!

Jimmie Vaughan Strat , Squire 51
    Epi 56 GoldTop, SX "Vintage" Jazz Bass
    Zager 50, Guild GAD30R (Excellent)
    G-Dec 3 Thirty, Valve Junior & Cab
    Crate PowerBlock, Crate V33H
    JamVox, Studio GX With Mods/Farm 2.0.

Post Thanks / Like

AKG K-44 Stereo headset. Enclosed of course.
    Guitars:

Electric: Washburn HB-30, Squier Tele Custom Deluxe, Jay Turser Strat.
    Acoustic: Seagull S6.

AMPs: VOX AD30VT, Peavey Envoy 110.

Modelers: V-AMP 2, Digitech RP-100A.

Pedals: Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble, Digitech Bad Monkey, Ibanez DE7 Delay/Echo, DOD VFX40B 7-Band Graphic EQ, Ibanez CS-5 Super Chorus.

Post Thanks / Like

Check out the Sennheiser HD201 headphones! I've been reading some glowing reviews of their amazing performance for the money. For example:

HD201 Review @ Headphone.com

Sennheiser HD201 headphones @ Amazon
    Yeah they're good cheap cans. BTW, that site that Vood' mentions is Headroom. An excellent company. Buy them from them if you can. Another good inexpensive set are the Grado SR-60's

SR60 Review @ Headphone.com

By the way, if you ever get gas for a good headphone amp (tube or otherwise). Look no further:
    Yow!

Quadruple Yow!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tot_Ou_tard
    I don't want to spoil the surprise, but *please* *please* take a peek at that Quadruple Yow link!!!!

BTW, here is the home of the Yow.

Where the headphone Yow dwells!
    Last edited by tot_Ou_tard; April 15th, 2006 at 05:06 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

As I often like to say, "For those with more dollars than sense."
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

I don't want to spoil the surprise, but *please* *please* take a peek at that Quadruple Yow link!!!!

It's bedroom

Post Thanks / Like

As I often like to say, "For those with more dollars than sense."
    Good gig, if you can get it.

Sorry for the hijack, but it's a good reminder as to what out of control GAS looks like.

Post Thanks / Like

yeah but they have a great deal on cable.

"We can do a 10-foot length of balanced cable for the HD580/ HD600 / HD650 series for $275.00 or a 20-foot length for $375.00 USD."

ww

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by warren0728
    yeah but they have a great deal on cable.

"We can do a 10-foot length of balanced cable for the HD580/ HD600 / HD650 series for $275.00 or a 20-foot length for $375.00 USD."

ww
    They (Headroom) aren't only about unreasonable gas prices, they do have good, accurate, & enthusiatic reviews about low priced headphones (ie "cans").

I actually pity the poor soul who has one of those quadruple Yows and a crate full of NOS 12AX7's. He'll never get to listen to his precious symphony with all the swapping. (I think this one in the 8th position sounds a tad too dark.....)
    Last edited by tot_Ou_tard; April 15th, 2006 at 05:31 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I wonder if you can get one of those for free by filling out an online questionaire? You know, like the free I Pod's and guitars. I mean, surely you would want another one to go with the one you already have so that you can run in stereo!

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

I use Sennheiser HD 280 Pro. They shut out surrounding sounds effectively. Great sound in them.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.