Thread: the rolling stones rock and roll circus

Post Thanks / Like

Default the rolling stones rock and roll circus

this is a great dvd....we are talking a wacky musical circus circa 1968 with the like of the rolling stones, jethro tull, the who, taj mahal and the dirty mac (john lennon, eric clapton, keith richards and mitch mitchell. Of course you do have to listen to yoko yip and screech through one soung but the rest of the dvd more than makes up for it!

This dvd is a lot of fun....where else will you see lennon, clapton and keef all playing together on stage?

Plot Synopsis: Originally filmed in December 1968, "The Rock and Roll Circus" was originally intended to be released as a television special. The special was filmed over two nights and featured not only the Rolling Stones but The Who, Jethro Tull (with future Black Sabbath guitarist Tommy Iommi filling in for the recently departed Mick Abrahams), Marianne Faithful and an all-star jam featuring John Lennon, Eric Clapton, Keith Richards and Mitch Micthell.

here is an in a nutshell comment from David Dalton, 1995
    You are transported to another age: swinging London in the late sixties. The Rolling Stones Rock and Roll Circus is a time capsule. Two days in December 1968 that in many ways capture the spontaneity, aspirations and communal spirit of an entire era....for a brief moment it seemed that rock 'n' roll would inherit the earth.

amazon link

ww
    Last edited by warren0728; April 13th, 2006 at 12:33 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR
    Brownsville Reso - 101 Electric Reso : Fender GDO-300 Maple Quilt Top Acoustic

Amps: Fender Super Champ XD

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Post Thanks / Like

http://www.thefret.net/attachment.ph...1&d=1142450172

I remember from an earlier "cool photo" thread. I'm going to have to see this some time. It seems like it is kind of an underground film because this is the only place that I have ever heard about it. Or does it suck? Is it up the the level of "The Last Waltz?"
    Last edited by Spudman; October 19th, 2006 at 04:37 PM.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.