Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Online gaming

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by stingx
    Insurgency (free HL2 mod that's fantastic)
    Hey Sting. Thanks for mentioning Insurgency! http://www.insmod.net/ For ONLINE PLAY!
    After seeing all the talk about the Orange Box and never playing TF2
    I broke down and got me a copy...
    While TF2 is alot of fun.. it's to much run,shoot and die for me..
    and a bit comic natured..which looks great though!
    I would have liked to see Counter-strike: source included in the package.
    Seeing how it was not...
    Insurgency looks like the next best thing.. and FREE!
    I got stuck on it today playing for hours!!!
    If anyone has HL2 and likes a more realistic type battleshooter for NOTHING give it a shot!

http://www.insmod.net/
    Thanks again Stingx!

Also have been playing the Call of Duty 4 Demo.. it's a pretty game. but not free!

Jimmie Vaughan Strat , Squire 51
    Epi 56 GoldTop, SX "Vintage" Jazz Bass
    Zager 50, Guild GAD30R (Excellent)
    G-Dec 3 Thirty, Valve Junior & Cab
    Crate PowerBlock, Crate V33H
    JamVox, Studio GX With Mods/Farm 2.0.

Post Thanks / Like

Dang dude I guess you got your systems rockin' in all the right ways to be able to talk to us lowlings about the latest games you're way able to play on your high end computerski. hahaha If I know you the way I think I know you... then yeah, well that's just a given....
    Guitars/Bass - MIM Fender Classic 50s Strat, MIM Fender Standard Strat, Squier Classic Vibe 50s Tele, Gibson Les Paul Studio, Epi '56 Gold Top Les Paul, Martin DSR acoustic, Sigma Martin Auditorium electric/acoustic, Squier Jazz Bass.

Amps/Cabinets/Modelers - Model 2558 50 watt Marshall Silver Anniversary Jubilee combo w/ Celestion Vintage 30s, 4x12 Marshall cabinet w/25 watt Greenback Celestions, Fender Blues Junior w/ a couple of Billm mods, Line 6 POD 2.0, Roland Micro Cube

Pedals/Effects - Cry Baby Classic Wah, Boss TU-2, Boss NS-2, Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Ross Compressor, MXR Micro Amp, Danelectro FAB Echo, Danelectro FAB Chorus, Danelectro Chicken Salad, Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Marshall Echohead, Duhvoodooman's Zonkin' Yellow Screamer, Digitech Digiverb, Digitech Bad Monkey, Dunlop Fuzz Face, Homemade Loop Bypass pedal, Duhvoodooman's Sonic Tonic (Maxon SD-9 clone +), Voodoo Labs Superfuzz

Post Thanks / Like

Ya know computers are not that expensive any more..

You could get a 400.00 box at wally world in the 3 ghz class.. add a 100.00 graphics card
    and play any game out there on XP/Vista.. for the price of a MIM Fender...

One thing nice staying with the orange box stuff... you can play it on a old computer or a laptop even..

Oh yes..you can do the same on a MAC..for the price of a Gibson... :

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't a clue how anyone can play Call Of Duty 4 ONLINE!! lol

I have never died so much in my life!!

I had to break down and get the full version to try Multiplay..

it's actually a great game on Singleplayer..

But the Onlineplay...man, those are small maps for so many people!!

and the airstrikes!! LOL!

Sting how do you play it..

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Justaguyin_nc
    I haven't a clue how anyone can play Call Of Duty 4 ONLINE!! lol

I have never died so much in my life!!

I had to break down and get the full version to try Multiplay..

it's actually a great game on Singleplayer..

But the Onlineplay...man, those are small maps for so many people!!

and the airstrikes!! LOL!

Multi play is what makes this game so hot. I haven't touched another game since buying this. I play daily for at least one hour. It took a while to set my controls just right and make custom classes for the various maps but I now get many kills and am quite dangerous, especially on the map Overgrown!

Dude this game just looks and play gorgeous. Very realistic. I am hopelessly addicted and I just reached the rank of Colonel I :
    Soundcloud - Lights on Project

-Pete

Post Thanks / Like

Agreed , it looks awesome... Overgrown is a neat map.. most are.. I even like pipeline... I just can't keep jumping and shooting as much as the others..lol. I like playing Knife only sometimes.. if I can find under 10 player games.. more than that and I just can not keep up!! I think the Jumping kinda takes away from realism... as does rushing.. but overall its pretty neat.. just not as paced as insurgency which lets you take a breath between kills..

Post Thanks / Like

I can set up a private server if you like. You can get some practice time in and I'll make the maps end quickly - say 500 points. This way you get familiar with the maps and develop better coordination with your controls.

Lemme know cuz I'm gonna play in a bit and it's no imposition to start up a server for a little while.

-Pete

Post Thanks / Like

I can set up a private server if you like. You can get some practice time in and I'll make the maps end quickly - say 500 points. This way you get familiar with the maps and develop better coordination with your controls.

Lemme know cuz I'm gonna play in a bit and it's no imposition to start up a server for a little while.
    cool..but we have to put our JV's down to play...shhhh...

this and crysis are my reasoning for newer graphics card...

I am not to fond of Crysis play though.. but it LOOKS very nice!!

Post Thanks / Like

Well, OK, you did ask. Created as a result of your post.

Just a quick FLV. Forgive the quality but the original capture from my system was over 3gb so I made a 700k FLV conversion.

Edit: hmmm I may redo this. I play 16:9 and I don't think the conversion took this into account. It looks a bit squashed. Anyway, the point is to illustrate to others how hectic this game is.

-Pete

Post Thanks / Like

Well, OK, you did ask. Created as a result of your post.
    Ahhh cool..you die alot to...lol!

I am finally ignoring the sounds and trying to pick out the badguys! which is another problem for me... just a red scaf seems to be the difference..lol

Post Thanks / Like

Ya know...dyin' sucks big time.
    Guitars/Bass - MIM Fender Classic 50s Strat, MIM Fender Standard Strat, Squier Classic Vibe 50s Tele, Gibson Les Paul Studio, Epi '56 Gold Top Les Paul, Martin DSR acoustic, Sigma Martin Auditorium electric/acoustic, Squier Jazz Bass.

Amps/Cabinets/Modelers - Model 2558 50 watt Marshall Silver Anniversary Jubilee combo w/ Celestion Vintage 30s, 4x12 Marshall cabinet w/25 watt Greenback Celestions, Fender Blues Junior w/ a couple of Billm mods, Line 6 POD 2.0, Roland Micro Cube

Pedals/Effects - Cry Baby Classic Wah, Boss TU-2, Boss NS-2, Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Ross Compressor, MXR Micro Amp, Danelectro FAB Echo, Danelectro FAB Chorus, Danelectro Chicken Salad, Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Marshall Echohead, Duhvoodooman's Zonkin' Yellow Screamer, Digitech Digiverb, Digitech Bad Monkey, Dunlop Fuzz Face, Homemade Loop Bypass pedal, Duhvoodooman's Sonic Tonic (Maxon SD-9 clone +), Voodoo Labs Superfuzz

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tone2TheBone
    Ya know...dyin' sucks big time.
    Well, I gues if you can respawn in under 20 seconds it aint to bad..

I am getting more into this now.. Search and Destroy is a bit better with less than 16 players.. when ya dead..your dead... till next round ofcourse..

Post Thanks / Like

There are many ways to play. I personally like "old school" - no radar, no hand holding, no respawn. Makes you play better cuz you know you'll be sitting out for some time if you go all berserk all over the place.

-Pete

Post Thanks / Like

There are many ways to play. I personally like "old school" - no radar, no hand holding, no respawn. Makes you play better cuz you know you'll be sitting out for some time if you go all berserk all over the place.
    Old School lets you jump twice as high as normal and you'll be able to soak up more damage..

Give me Hardcore mode... I didn't even realize.. now finally..a game people can't hide behind wooden fences.. you just shoot thru them!! Most excellent!

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I dig surprises too. Keeps you young...somewhat.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I dig surprises too. Keeps you young...somewhat.
    did the wife let you know she is pregnant TB? SUPRISE!!!

TB have you tried that insurgency mod yet with your HL2?

Great FREE addition... and I know a few others here that have it..
    :

Post Thanks / Like

did the wife let you know she is pregnant TB? SUPRISE!!!

TB have you tried that insurgency mod yet with your HL2?

Great FREE addition... and I know a few others here that have it..
    :
    I was just thinking about that today Justa as a matter of fact. I was going to email you about it earlier too. I can't access the links you sent me for the mods from work cause they're blocked but I can do it from home now that we have broadband. Problem is there I'll have to bring whatever I download back here cause I do the gaming on this machine not the one at home.

Post Thanks / Like

I was just thinking about that today Justa as a matter of fact. I was going to email you about it earlier too. I can't access the links you sent me for the mods from work cause they're blocked but I can do it from home now that we have broadband. Problem is there I'll have to bring whatever I download back here cause I do the gaming on this machine not the one at home.
    Hmm.. u could always download it and put it on a cd-dvd.. than redo it at work.. I am wondering if you will be blocked from playing it at work than to?
    it's for ONLINE play only...

:

ever play TF2 at work?

Post Thanks / Like

Hmm.. u could always download it and put it on a cd-dvd.. than redo it at work.. I am wondering if you will be blocked from playing it at work than to?
    it's for ONLINE play only...

:

ever play TF2 at work?
    It is? Oh crap then yeah I'll be blocked from playing it. The only games I have that I play on this machine are Halo, Starcraft, Marine Sharpshooter and Half Life 2: Episode Pack. I don't have TF2. Since Half Life 2 is a Steam game I just load off the disk and run it in offline mode. Oh yeah I forgot I picked up Ghost Recon 2 at lunch today but haven't loaded it yet. I'm buying all the cheap games first then I'll get Crysis and the new military/dinosaur one (can't remember the game name). Maybe I'll have Voodooman build me a new box for home gaming use. :

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast