Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Online gaming
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Online gaming

Post Thanks / Like

Default Online gaming

HALO! I can't believe how dang fun it is to play it online with people all over the world. Do any of you play? What's your Halo login name?
    Guitars/Bass - MIM Fender Classic 50s Strat, MIM Fender Standard Strat, Squier Classic Vibe 50s Tele, Gibson Les Paul Studio, Epi '56 Gold Top Les Paul, Martin DSR acoustic, Sigma Martin Auditorium electric/acoustic, Squier Jazz Bass.

Amps/Cabinets/Modelers - Model 2558 50 watt Marshall Silver Anniversary Jubilee combo w/ Celestion Vintage 30s, 4x12 Marshall cabinet w/25 watt Greenback Celestions, Fender Blues Junior w/ a couple of Billm mods, Line 6 POD 2.0, Roland Micro Cube

Pedals/Effects - Cry Baby Classic Wah, Boss TU-2, Boss NS-2, Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Ross Compressor, MXR Micro Amp, Danelectro FAB Echo, Danelectro FAB Chorus, Danelectro Chicken Salad, Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Marshall Echohead, Duhvoodooman's Zonkin' Yellow Screamer, Digitech Digiverb, Digitech Bad Monkey, Dunlop Fuzz Face, Homemade Loop Bypass pedal, Duhvoodooman's Sonic Tonic (Maxon SD-9 clone +), Voodoo Labs Superfuzz

Post Thanks / Like

I play online, but not Halo. I've played Unreal Tournament III and a little Resistance: Fall of Man. I hope to play some Warhawk soon.

In the past I've played basically all of the Doom, Quake, and Unreal Tournament games online. My brother-in-law and I played a little X-Wing vs. TIE Fighter with each other too.

Unfortunately it seems I either have time for gaming or for guitar, but not both.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

I big on playing on Steam servers...TF2, Insurgency, Counter-Strike as well as Crysis.
    Soundcloud - Lights on Project

-Pete

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

I have yet to sign up of Xbox Live. I guess I will soon... and I'll get Halo 3 too someday. After Orange Box.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

I do a bit of online gaming, though with the connection I have (I have to use Sprint PCS, since there's no other broadband provider in my area), I hesitate to challenge anyone to a duel because the high pings I get make it hard to dominate anyone in First Person shooters.

Instead, lately I've stuck to Phantasy Star Online (not a very fast paced game. It's like a very scaled down MMORPG that works on missions instead of one continuous world; easy to play for just a couple of hours and get away from) but I DO like to play a little bit of Team Fortress 2 on Live and Unreal Tournament 3 on PS3 from time to time when I have the time.

Post Thanks / Like

I dont play online (lack of time) but I really love Halo.. Best shooter ever
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

Is there a Halo for Mac ?

Post Thanks / Like

Halo is a Microsoft published title. You draw the conclusion from there.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ted s
    Time for VMWARE FUSION :

run windows on your mac
    I've been imitated so well I've heard people copy my mistakes.
    -- Jimi Hendrix

Musical Equipment
    1993 USA Fender Strat Plus
    200? Michael Kelly Hybrid
    2002 Gretsch G3100 Historical Series
    Crate BV60 Combo
    Boss ME-20 Multi Effect Pedal
    Recording Equipment
    Mac G5 2.3 Duo Core
    160 & 500 GB Drives
    4.5 GB Ram
    iControl (M-Audio)
    Studiophile AV40 (M-Audio)
    TonePort UX2
    Logic Studio 8

Post Thanks / Like

How much of a performance hit is there running Windows on a Mac (and I don't mean the typical one someone would expect from running Windows in the first place :P )? If there is one, this might be a consideration when wanting to play Windows games.

Post Thanks / Like

Halo was made by the old mac software house "Bungie" and was originally intended as a mac ONLY release...
    Halo was first displayed on a Steve Jobs keynote at Macworld Expo.

That said, Halo is also available for Mac but I prefer the Xbox version due to the fantastic xbox controller.
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

Default Call of Duty 4 Video Clip

I just put this together to emphasize how amazingly detailed COD4 is. I have the specs in the video description. Very addictive gameplay because of the realistic detail.

-Pete

Post Thanks / Like

-Pete

Post Thanks / Like

Holy crap Stingx, that looks amazing. I would imagine you need some serious HP under the hood to run that ?

Post Thanks / Like

Holy crap Stingx, that looks amazing. I would imagine you need some serious HP under the hood to run that ?
    Thanks, Ted. Serious HP and you have to sell your soul to the devil.

-Pete

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSwede
    That said, Halo is also available for Mac but I prefer the Xbox version due to the fantastic xbox controller.
    Well, what do ya know? Color me corrected!!

Post Thanks / Like

Looking around here.. (eyes shifting)
    there seems to be enough people that play online to make a Fretnet community online..

And seeing we are all cheap.. and on different platforms... is there any one certain FPS demo out there that we could all join in on?

Might only need to hold 10-16 guys/gals... anyone with cable could probably host that.. depending on game..

was just thinking out loud...

I know the Call of Juarez is cheap but PC... and pretty intense on system requirements. Ohwell, maybe something OLD that is fun..
    justa for sheeets and giggles..

the free Juarez demos can be found here if anyone wishes to mess with them..

Multiplayer Demo
    http://www.gamershell.com/download_15252.shtml
    Single Player Demo
    http://www.gamershell.com/download_14784.shtml

I would be up for Joining or Hosting/serving to others interested.

Umm..need a smiley with a gun!

Jimmie Vaughan Strat , Squire 51
    Epi 56 GoldTop, SX "Vintage" Jazz Bass
    Zager 50, Guild GAD30R (Excellent)
    G-Dec 3 Thirty, Valve Junior & Cab
    Crate PowerBlock, Crate V33H
    JamVox, Studio GX With Mods/Farm 2.0.

Post Thanks / Like

Neat idea Justa. installed Fusion on my Mac and can XP now, I'll give it a whirl and get back atcha.

a little while later..

Nope, "not gonna do it" .. big barf... meaning she no worki.

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone that cares to play either of the following, shoot me a PM any time:

Counter-Strike Source
    Team Fortress 2
    Insurgency (free HL2 mod that's fantastic)
    Call of Duty 4

-Pete

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast