Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Half-life 2 fans? - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Half-life 2 fans?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by marnold
    My favorite part of Episode 1 was after you get to a safe house when you've been listening to the scientist's broadcast. Alyx said something to the effect of, "Did he really just encourage people to get busy?"
    Gotta love those little comments. I had a hard time killing (and trying to stay away from) the monster in the street. I lucked out and got rammed up to the balcony that Alyx was firing from so I didn't sustain any more attacks and between the two of us we finally killed that thing. So if anyone else can't get past that point...try to get rammed up that ledge.
    Guitars/Bass - MIM Fender Classic 50s Strat, MIM Fender Standard Strat, Squier Classic Vibe 50s Tele, Gibson Les Paul Studio, Epi '56 Gold Top Les Paul, Martin DSR acoustic, Sigma Martin Auditorium electric/acoustic, Squier Jazz Bass.

Amps/Cabinets/Modelers - Model 2558 50 watt Marshall Silver Anniversary Jubilee combo w/ Celestion Vintage 30s, 4x12 Marshall cabinet w/25 watt Greenback Celestions, Fender Blues Junior w/ a couple of Billm mods, Line 6 POD 2.0, Roland Micro Cube

Pedals/Effects - Cry Baby Classic Wah, Boss TU-2, Boss NS-2, Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Ross Compressor, MXR Micro Amp, Danelectro FAB Echo, Danelectro FAB Chorus, Danelectro Chicken Salad, Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Marshall Echohead, Duhvoodooman's Zonkin' Yellow Screamer, Digitech Digiverb, Digitech Bad Monkey, Dunlop Fuzz Face, Homemade Loop Bypass pedal, Duhvoodooman's Sonic Tonic (Maxon SD-9 clone +), Voodoo Labs Superfuzz

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tone2TheBone
    Gotta love those little comments. I had a hard time killing (and trying to stay away from) the monster in the street. I lucked out and got rammed up to the balcony that Alyx was firing from so I didn't sustain any more attacks and between the two of us we finally killed that thing. So if anyone else can't get past that point...try to get rammed up that ledge.
    Sounds like you are having a lot of fun with HL2!
    I really need to buy the orange box for my X360!
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSwede
    Sounds like you are having a lot of fun with HL2!
    I really need to buy the orange box for my X360!
    Yeah this is pretty cool stuff. I'm almost done with Episode 1. I started E2 the other day but just played it a little to make sure it worked. I'm gonna pick out a few more games soon too. I love PC gaming.
    Guitars/Bass - MIM Fender Classic 50s Strat, MIM Fender Standard Strat, Squier Classic Vibe 50s Tele, Gibson Les Paul Studio, Epi '56 Gold Top Les Paul, Martin DSR acoustic, Sigma Martin Auditorium electric/acoustic, Squier Jazz Bass.

Amps/Cabinets/Modelers - Model 2558 50 watt Marshall Silver Anniversary Jubilee combo w/ Celestion Vintage 30s, 4x12 Marshall cabinet w/25 watt Greenback Celestions, Fender Blues Junior w/ a couple of Billm mods, Line 6 POD 2.0, Roland Micro Cube

Pedals/Effects - Cry Baby Classic Wah, Boss TU-2, Boss NS-2, Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Ross Compressor, MXR Micro Amp, Danelectro FAB Echo, Danelectro FAB Chorus, Danelectro Chicken Salad, Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Marshall Echohead, Duhvoodooman's Zonkin' Yellow Screamer, Digitech Digiverb, Digitech Bad Monkey, Dunlop Fuzz Face, Homemade Loop Bypass pedal, Duhvoodooman's Sonic Tonic (Maxon SD-9 clone +), Voodoo Labs Superfuzz

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

It's a pretty addictive game, isn't it Tone? I love Half-Life 2. I don't understand how you can be almost done it already! You must have spent a lot of time with it. Bet your guitars are getting dusty.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tone2TheBone
    Yeah this is pretty cool stuff. I'm almost done with Episode 1. I started E2 the other day but just played it a little to make sure it worked. I'm gonna pick out a few more games soon too. I love PC gaming.
    You really need to get Gears of War! Nothing like berzerking the enemy with a chainsaw!
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSwede
    You really need to get Gears of War! Nothing like berzerking the enemy with a chainsaw!
    Could have used that chainsaw on the street monster in HL2!

Post Thanks / Like

I just finished Half-Life 2! What a sweet game. I guess it's Orange Box next.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert
    I just finished Half-Life 2! What a sweet game. I guess it's Orange Box next.
    How long did it take you to finish it? I don't go through levels really fast but I do play it everyday. Some kids say Episode 1 is short and say you can do it in a couple of hours. HA! Yeah right if you're a kid or something you could. I just blasted the gunship in E1 so that's where I'm at now.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, for me it took months! It's a HUGE game, in my experience.

Where are you at in the game, what is the level called?

Post Thanks / Like

Well, for me it took months! It's a HUGE game, in my experience.

Where are you at in the game, what is the level called?
    Blasted the gunship at the top of that building on Urban Fight. Now I joined up with the rest of the gang in the square near the big blue blocked off tunnel...level Exit 17.

Post Thanks / Like

I guess you are playing a different game than me? I have been playing Half-Life 2, the older games. These are the levels in it:

Point Insertion
    A Red Letter Day
    Route Kanal (Part One)
    Route Kanal (Part Two)
    Water Hazard (Part One)
    Water Hazard (Part Two)
    Black Mesa East
    We Don't Go To Ravenholm (Part One)
    We Don't Go To Ravenholm (Part Two)
    Highway 17
    Sandtraps
    Nova Prospekt
    Entanglement
    Anticitizen One (Part One)
    Anticitizen One (Part Two)
    Follow Freeman (Part One)
    Follow Freeman (Part Two)
    Our Benefactors
    Dark Energy

Post Thanks / Like

I guess you are playing a different game than me? I have been playing Half-Life 2, the older games. These are the levels in it:

Point Insertion
    A Red Letter Day
    Route Kanal (Part One)
    Route Kanal (Part Two)
    Water Hazard (Part One)
    Water Hazard (Part Two)
    Black Mesa East
    We Don't Go To Ravenholm (Part One)
    We Don't Go To Ravenholm (Part Two)
    Highway 17
    Sandtraps
    Nova Prospekt
    Entanglement
    Anticitizen One (Part One)
    Anticitizen One (Part Two)
    Follow Freeman (Part One)
    Follow Freeman (Part Two)
    Our Benefactors
    Dark Energy
    We have different games then. I don't know what yours is but my game is Half Life 2: Episode Pack which has both Episode 1 and 2. I'm almost done with Episode one which had these levels...

1: Undue Alarm

2: Direct intervention

3: Lowlife

4: Urban Fight

5: Exit 17

Episode 2 which I'm almost about to start has these levels...

1: To The White Forest

2: This Vortal Coil

3: Freeman Pontifex

4: Riding Shotgun

5: Under The Radar

6: Our Mutual Friend

7: T-Minus One

My game case looks like this...

After doing a Wiki search you have Half Life 2 stand alone. It's an entirely different game. Go to the link and read the expansions and modifications paragraph to see the timeline in the games and how they differ.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Half-Life_2

Post Thanks / Like

In the game chronology:
    Half-Life 2 is first
    Then Episode 1
    Then Episode 2

Technically, the original Half-Life predates them all. The Orange Box is not a game per se, it is a compilation of HL2, Episodes 1 & 2, Portal, and Team Fortress 2.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

Well now Half Life 2 Episode 2 crashes when I try to play it. I've updated video drivers, changed video settings, defragged computer, defragged game cache, validated game integrity etc. etc. and it still don't work. Episode 1 and Lost Coast work perfectly but I notice they're using the same engine (Havoc) while Episode 2 is using "Source".

Post Thanks / Like

You need Xbox 360.

Post Thanks / Like

You need Xbox 360.
    Well that doesn't help!

Post Thanks / Like

It would help, if you had one, wouldn't it!
    :

Post Thanks / Like

It would help, if you had one, wouldn't it!
    :
    So you played your version of HL2 on X-Box then? I thought you played it on a PC? BTW how is your Macbook Pro doing? You can run Windows XP on it right?

Post Thanks / Like

I run HL2 on the Xbox 360 yes. No PC gaming for me. Stopped doing that about 11 years ago...

The MacBook Pro is doing DANDY! It's a little power horse of beauty and elegance. I have no desire to put XP on it (why infect the Mac with crapware?), but it is possible, yes.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast