Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Anybody try a Peavey Generation EX tele?

South Williamsport, Pa. (on the Susquehanna River)
    Post Thanks / Like

Bloozcat,

Matched Uncle Ikes. 179 and this included the tax.

Duffy
    Duffy
    South Williamsport, Pa.

"So let us stop talking falsely now, the hour's getting late." (as by JH)

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, mine is scheduled to arrive tomorrow if FedEx delivers on time. It's always exciting when a guitar is on the way, regardless of the value. I received my Hendrix songbook today - Best of Hendrix. Plus another Hendrix CD "Blues" and a CD with various artist "Crucial Rockin Blues". Building up for a good weekend.
    Mark
    * Loud is good, good is better!

Post Thanks / Like

Tomorrow is going to be an exciting day for you.
    Just to warn you it might need a little setting up but no matter what you are going to LOVE the neck pickup. Sweetest thing since Dr. Pepper.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Mine does need a setup (and 10's strings!) and intonation - thats my weekend project. Im loving it so far, I love having my inbetween sounds back in a nice solid stringthrough body and its really well made and feels great. Its certainly a keeper and at the price it was a gift - I like it better than most Squiers and the MIM tele's I looked at at 4 times the price. I plan an upgrade campaign to beef it up nonetheless - better bridge and tuners, make sure the screening is ok and Swineshead pickups (Runaway at the bridge, Spotlights at middle and neck) and a tortoiseshell scratchplate.:
    Guitars Gordon Smith GS1.5-40, Peavey Generation EXP, Ovation Celebrity electro

Amps Behringer GM110

Effects Danelectro Blue Paisley pure drive, Danelectro Cool Cat CD1 Distortion, Danelectro Black Paisley liquid metal, Danelectro Cool Cat chorus(original 18v model), Danelectro Dan Echo delay, Line 6 Toneport GX,

Post Thanks / Like

Well it shipped today!
    Spud if it is as nice as the one you have I'll be a very happy camper.

now for that long painful wait

Hmm.wonder if Strum recieved his today?

Guitars: 99 Gibson ES-335,1985 Gibson Les Paul 59 Reissue,Schecter C1 Artist,Squire 51,Peavey Generation Triple/single EX,Fender Deluxe Fat Strat, Cortez Acoustic,Epiphone Acoustic.

Effects: Arion SCH-1 Chorus,Boss BD2,Bad Monkey,Boss DD3 Delay,Boss GE-7 EQ ,Arion SOD-1 overdrive,TC Electronic Nova Repeater Delay,Ibanez Tone-Lok DE7 Delay/Echo.

Amps: B52 AT-212 100watt all Tube ,FMJ SS(being restored),1=Epiphone Valve Junior Head and 2 matching Cabs, Hughes& Kettner Edition Blue 15DFX, Crate V18 112,Fender Super Champ XD,Fender 25R Frontman Series II.

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

5:32 PM and no guitar. Hopefully it's a late delivery, not a "no delivery"
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    5:32 PM and no guitar. Hopefully it's a late delivery, not a "no delivery"
    Some of the delivery guys found out how good these are and have been nabbing them and saying they have been lost in shipping or already delivered. Wouldn't surprise me if your driver or warehouse guy nabbed it. Sorry. They really are cool guitars. Too bad you won't be getting one now.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    Some of the delivery guys found out how good these are and have been nabbing them and saying they have been lost in shipping or already delivered. Wouldn't surprise me if your driver or warehouse guy nabbed it. Sorry. They really are cool guitars. Too bad you won't be getting one now.
    I'm like a kid at Christmas and you just told me there is no Santa
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    I'm like a kid at Christmas and you just told me there is no Santa
    OH NO! There most definitely is a Santa. Hear that little boys and girls? There most definitely is a Santa and he will be bringing you many wonderful gifts.

Phew.:

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    OH NO! There most definitely is a Santa. Hear that little boys and girls? There most definitely is a Santa and he will be bringing you many wonderful gifts.

Phew.:
    Well if that's true, he better never use FedEx because they have never, ever, delivered to my house on time. UPS may deliver broken guitars to Shiner, but they have always been on time and no damage for any items shipped to my house.

Oh well, just have to select another guitar to play tonight.
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Yeah, I really feel for you Strum, what with that roomload of guitars you have to choose from tonight. : And more on the way!
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not sure why I received this so late (like in the last half hour).

"We are currently out of stock on the Peavey Generation Triple/Single guitar. After doing an extensive search of our warehouse, we found one, but it is not in sellable condition."

that SUCKS!!!
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Dang it! Sorry about that man.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I ordered one from Uncle Ike's (Butterscotch), but I have a feeling they are out of Butterscotch because they removed it from their e-bay listing (I ordered mine from the store).

8th street has a black one, but $299 (WTF).

I haven't been able to find anymore for $149 w/free shipping with the exception of Uncle Ike's.
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to hear that Strum.that really is a bunch of crap.
    Uncle Ikes shipped mine today and when I callled and talked to Zack yesterday he told me he had 2 left in butterscotch,so I sure hope you get one.I sure do know how you feel,it's happened to me before also.

Guitars: 99 Gibson ES-335,1985 Gibson Les Paul 59 Reissue,Schecter C1 Artist,Squire 51,Peavey Generation Triple/single EX,Fender Deluxe Fat Strat, Cortez Acoustic,Epiphone Acoustic.

Effects: Arion SCH-1 Chorus,Boss BD2,Bad Monkey,Boss DD3 Delay,Boss GE-7 EQ ,Arion SOD-1 overdrive,TC Electronic Nova Repeater Delay,Ibanez Tone-Lok DE7 Delay/Echo.

Amps: B52 AT-212 100watt all Tube ,FMJ SS(being restored),1=Epiphone Valve Junior Head and 2 matching Cabs, Hughes& Kettner Edition Blue 15DFX, Crate V18 112,Fender Super Champ XD,Fender 25R Frontman Series II.

Post Thanks / Like

I just called them and spoke to Kevin. He shows it in stock and he left a note for the guy that will be there in the morning to fill orders to call me if there is any problem.

It's nice to call people that sell on the web and have them be very polite and responsive. The guy was closing up and he took the time to start up a computer to check inventory and take down contact info.
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

Thats Great Strum. sure do hope they still have it for ya.:

Post Thanks / Like

Well, they called this morning and the butterscotch is gone, so I settled on the blonde. I ordered direct from the store, but here are some pics from their e-bay ad.

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Peavey-Gener...2em118Q2el1247

So the wait for the truck begins again.
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

Too bad you missed out on the first Peavey Strum.......but sounds like you finally have one on the way

Looking forward to your review once you get it.

GG
    Guitars: Washburn D10S, Washburn J28SDL, Washburn D56SW, Washburn F52SW, Washburn WI67PRO, Squire Standard Strat, Squire Tele Custom II, Squire '51, Agile AL-3100, Switch Wild IV Signature, Squire Classic Vibe 50's Tele

Amps: Vox AD30VT, Epiphone VJ Combo, Crate Palomino V8, Vox DA5

Pedals: Digitech Bad Monkey, Boss Blues Driver, Danelectro: PB&J Delay, Tuna Melt Tremolo, Chicken Salad Vibrato

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast