Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Anybody try a Peavey Generation EX tele? - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Anybody try a Peavey Generation EX tele?

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by t_ross33
    That's one gorgeous blonde. Oh, the guitar ain't bad either

There's something about a girl in camo pants and an ammo belt with fresh killed game that speaks to the country-boy in me....:

Oh, you guys thought I was posting the pic last night and today because of the girl? I was just trying to fit in with all the hunters and figured nothing like a dead deer pic to start conversation.
    Mark
    * Loud is good, good is better!

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

If anyone is still interested in getting a Peavey, there is one on e-bay that looks nice. I had a bid on it, but someone topped me and I don't care to pursue it any further.

I've communicated with the seller, she was hoping to get $200, but I don't think she'll be getting it. She also has a blonde one that as of the other night wasn't posted, but she was thinking of selling it.

Not an endorsement, just letting you guys know in case you want to look into it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA:IT&ih=020
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

I recieved this last week and just now getting around to setting it up.of course it needed one badly,but after the set up..WOW!!this thing will sing,I was not expecting it to be that good.Great neck and the frets nicely finished,and the pickups sound wonderful[no need to upgrade there]not a blemish on the body anywhere.Just a sweet sounding Guitar.here are a few quick pics I took tonight.

Guitars: 99 Gibson ES-335,1985 Gibson Les Paul 59 Reissue,Schecter C1 Artist,Squire 51,Peavey Generation Triple/single EX,Fender Deluxe Fat Strat, Cortez Acoustic,Epiphone Acoustic.

Effects: Arion SCH-1 Chorus,Boss BD2,Bad Monkey,Boss DD3 Delay,Boss GE-7 EQ ,Arion SOD-1 overdrive,TC Electronic Nova Repeater Delay,Ibanez Tone-Lok DE7 Delay/Echo.

Amps: B52 AT-212 100watt all Tube ,FMJ SS(being restored),1=Epiphone Valve Junior Head and 2 matching Cabs, Hughes& Kettner Edition Blue 15DFX, Crate V18 112,Fender Super Champ XD,Fender 25R Frontman Series II.

Post Thanks / Like

ET, Wowwwwwwwwww - that looks real nice.

What did you do as part of your set-up process? I'm still having a problem getting mine to sound right from the 11th to the 17th. I checked the fret height and they seem fine.

I haven't messed with the truss rod yet, and I was hoping not to.

Did you get yours from Uncle Ike's?
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Strum... Yep I sure did get it from Uncle Ike's.and it did have a lot of fret buzz when I first check it over and this is what I did..First of all I started with the neck.I sighted down the neck to see where I would have to make an adjustment,and it did have a little back bow,so that tells me I have to loosen the truss rod to get it straight,I like just a little bit of relief in mine,so I turned just a tad more to get what I wanted,after that I went to the bridge and made adjustments there to get rid of any fret buzz[raised the saddles just enough to not here any buzz all up and down the neck]I haven't checked the intonation yet,but it sounds like it's pretty dead on...I still hear a slight buzz around the third fret on the B string,but not enough to worry about.its probably a high fret and I will check for that later today.other than that this thing is Really sweet.I seen the pics of your's and it is Really a nice looking Guitar,I almost got that one myself,then I seen the Butterscotch and always wanted one and couldn't afford a American Fender tele,But I would put this up against any of them,it Really sounds Great!

Guitars: 99 Gibson ES-335,1985 Gibson Les Paul 59 Reissue,Schecter C1 Artist,Squire 51,Peavey Generation Triple/single EX,Fender Deluxe Fat Strat, Cortez Acoustic,Epiphone Acoustic.

Effects: Arion SCH-1 Chorus,Boss BD2,Bad Monkey,Boss DD3 Delay,Boss GE-7 EQ ,Arion SOD-1 overdrive,TC Electronic Nova Repeater Delay,Ibanez Tone-Lok DE7 Delay/Echo.

Amps: B52 AT-212 100watt all Tube ,FMJ SS(being restored),1=Epiphone Valve Junior Head and 2 matching Cabs, Hughes& Kettner Edition Blue 15DFX, Crate V18 112,Fender Super Champ XD,Fender 25R Frontman Series II.

Post Thanks / Like

ET,

You received one of the last, if not the last butterscotch that they had. I wanted a butterscotch, but I must admit taking the blonde as a second choice wasn't too heartbreaking.

Besides some buzz (very minimal), the D and G go dead (that clunk or thunk sound) when I try to lower the action. It's not that low, but I can't get it to where it feels comfortable.
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

mmm thats a NICE guitar. Ive been tinkering with my Genny tele this week and i have to agree, with a bit of work these things are tremendous. Was going to upgrade the pickups, not so sure now as the stock ones sound great. I'll give it a few months before I consider it again, get to know it better. Get some 10's on there, mine loved them
    Guitars Gordon Smith GS1.5-40, Peavey Generation EXP, Ovation Celebrity electro

Amps Behringer GM110

Effects Danelectro Blue Paisley pure drive, Danelectro Cool Cat CD1 Distortion, Danelectro Black Paisley liquid metal, Danelectro Cool Cat chorus(original 18v model), Danelectro Dan Echo delay, Line 6 Toneport GX,

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    ET,

You received one of the last, if not the last butterscotch that they had. I wanted a butterscotch, but I must admit taking the blonde as a second choice wasn't too heartbreaking.

Besides some buzz (very minimal), the D and G go dead (that clunk or thunk sound) when I try to lower the action. It's not that low, but I can't get it to where it feels comfortable.
    Sorry you weren't able to get the Butterscotch Strum,but when I called they had 2 left.I would have taken either one because they are both Great looking Guitars.

as for the clunk and thunk,that's the same thing I got with B string,sounds like you will have to do a neck adjustment there also.

not sure if you have done that before ,but it isn't hard to do,just take your time and turn in small increments,about an 1/8th of a turn at a time.retune and check each time you make a turn and sight down the neck to make sure you don't have too much relief.I like to get the neck as straight as I can.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Grumpy
    mmm thats a NICE guitar. Ive been tinkering with my Genny tele this week and i have to agree, with a bit of work these things are tremendous. Was going to upgrade the pickups, not so sure now as the stock ones sound great. I'll give it a few months before I consider it again, get to know it better. Get some 10's on there, mine loved them

Yes they are Great guitars...I was Greatly surprised when I first seen it ,even more after the set up and I plugged it in.Great pickups,nice crisp clean and clear.

Post Thanks / Like

GOT IT!!!

sounding real good, action great. Now to adjust intonation, but it isn't that far off.

I have the action at 2/32 at the 17th. One of the problems was the action was set even lower because without realizing it I was getting to anal over the action.

Maybe down the road I will change the nut. It seems to be set too high and the strings are well down in the grooves.

The other day when I put on new strings I broke the e and had to reinstall the original. While setting it up I noticed how rusty the one is, going to have to do something about that.
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    Maybe down the road I will change the nut. It seems to be set too high and the strings are well down in the grooves.
    If your strings are too high at the nut end then just go to a place like Harbor Freight Tools or Tool Liquidator and pick up a set of needle files to file the string slots.
    http://search.harborfreight.com/cpis...iles&Submit=Go

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    If your strings are too high at the nut end then just go to a place like Harbor Freight Tools or Tool Liquidator and pick up a set of needle files to file the string slots.
    http://search.harborfreight.com/cpis...iles&Submit=Go
    I should do that. I am leery of Harbor Freight when it comes to tools with more than one or two components (I bought calipers from them and it should have said "JUNK" on the box), but for files I think it's a safe purchase.

I'm also thinking I may have golf syndrome. When the ball doesn't go down the gut of the fairway, one tends to think they need a new driver - I know, I have five drivers.

Maybe I'll give this changing thing some time and just make adjustments. I posted in the mod section about the nut and that should provide some info in the event I change out the nut.

Hmmm, maybe if I take a graphite shaft from one of my drivers and shape a nut....
    Mark

South Williamsport, Pa. (on the Susquehanna River)
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Love my Gen Ex

I love my Peavey Gen Ex's: antique burst (fabulous tone) and butterscotch. This store by me has them and will price match at 149 and they ship if anyone is interested.
    You might find mention of it further up in the post.

Also, I love my new Generation Ex Vintage. This one has the standard bridge pup but has a really smooth vintage covered humbucker at the neck. I got that from a local store that still has some plus some Customs with the piezo. Also price matches.

Also just traded a strat for a '07 G&L ASAT Classic tele Tribute and it also has that super sweet tone but not the same. White pearl pickguard, antique burst and white maple thinly coated neck.

I need to post some pictures and I'm also working on some audio clips. I hope it doesn't turn into a big hassle posting audio clips.

Duffy
    Winfield, Pa.
    Duffy
    South Williamsport, Pa.

"So let us stop talking falsely now, the hour's getting late." (as by JH)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Duff
    I love my Peavey Gen Ex's: antique burst (fabulous tone) and butterscotch. This store by me has them and will price match at 149 and they ship if anyone is interested.
    You might find mention of it further up in the post.
    I already said it and I will say it again, if you are thinking about the Gen Ex, I would jump on it. From what I understand they are discontinued and that is why these stores initially had so many. There are various stories about how Peavey flooded the market with rejects, but I haven't found anyone that can support that rumor.

Quote Originally Posted by Duff
    Also just traded a strat for a '07 G&L ASAT Classic tele Tribute and it also has that super sweet tone but not the same. White pearl pickguard, antique burst and white maple thinly coated neck.

Duffy
    Winfield, Pa.
    Looking forward to seeing that!!!
    Mark

South Williamsport, Pa. (on the Susquehanna River)
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Just Strum

I already have two Peavey Gen Ex's. An antique burst and a butterscotch.

I was mentioning that there are two stores by me that have them and will price match if anyone is interested in contacting them.

The G&L tele ASAT is sweet. I've got to figure out how to post clips.

Duffy
    Duffy
    South Williamsport, Pa.

"So let us stop talking falsely now, the hour's getting late." (as by JH)

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345