Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Anybody try a Peavey Generation EX tele?

Hybrid View

South Williamsport, Pa. (on the Susquehanna River)
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Anybody try a Peavey Generation EX tele?

I bought two at great prices: 149 US each and they are sweet high gain type teles, nothing thin about it. Nice guitars. Alder solid bodies, vintage style tuners, beautiful maple neck with maple fingerboard and some really great tone thru a great amp.

Anyone have one? Any comments to share? I'd like to get the Generation EX custom with the two humbuckers.

Duffy
    Duffy
    South Williamsport, Pa.

"So let us stop talking falsely now, the hour's getting late." (as by JH)

Post Thanks / Like

Um...my hand goes up 3 times. Great guitars.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

There is a boy I go see sometimes at the clubs.. Dunno if its the EX or EXP but his is tele shaped with a S/S/H setup with front and back binding around the body . HE plays it thru a Crate Combo and for Country and Blues it sounds very very good in his hands.. Nice burst and a very good looking guitar on the stage.

Jimmie Vaughan Strat , Squire 51
    Epi 56 GoldTop, SX "Vintage" Jazz Bass
    Zager 50, Guild GAD30R (Excellent)
    G-Dec 3 Thirty, Valve Junior & Cab
    Crate PowerBlock, Crate V33H
    JamVox, Studio GX With Mods/Farm 2.0.

Post Thanks / Like

It seems that model has been discontinued. The only online retailer that showed any is MF, and that model is the Hum/Hum model only @ $199.00.

Where did you get yours for $149.00 Duff?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Where

I got them at a local store in Pa. Some site had them for 149 and I bought that in and they matched the price. They were asking 220 already marked down from 299.

Duffy

So I got two: a three tone burst and a butterscotch. Both are great. I want to sell some of my lower quality guitars.
    Duffy
    South Williamsport, Pa.

Post Thanks / Like

Default They have one left

I think they will ship. The one they have left is a tobacco sunburst good looking and playing guitar. Standard two pickup, hot, tele type. Quite nice actually.

They will ship, I'm sure. I can give you a phone number. If you quote my name and deal you can probably get it for the same price. Let me know.

Duffy
    Duffy
    South Williamsport, Pa.

Post Thanks / Like

These are really the sleeper guitars that once they are discovered everyone will be all over them. They are an amazing value. I actually like them a lot more than the MIM Fender Teles and most American (not all) Teles that I've played.

I've been gigging with mine and it flat out wails and I can get a lot of different sounds out of it. It looks good too. Initially I wanted a different bridge pickup but after using it and discovering how to use the tone knob with the bridge pickup there is almost no way that I'm going to swap it out. It works great.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Duff
    I think they will ship. The one they have left is a tobacco sunburst good looking and playing guitar. Standard two pickup, hot, tele type. Quite nice actually.

They will ship, I'm sure. I can give you a phone number. If you quote my name and deal you can probably get it for the same price. Let me know.

Duffy
    Yeah, I'd like their number, if you would Duff. You can PM me with the info.

Is this tobacco burst one a two humbucker version? Or is it a single bridge/humbucker neck?

Post Thanks / Like

5-way switch? Looks like a cool guitar, does the middle neck pickup combo sound more like a strat? Can you still use the neck + bridge combo?
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

Default Pups

No neck and bridge combination on my new black one "Nigel", means black in Dutch or some Western European language.

But, I understand that the mod can be made and I'm interested in having it done.

Also, the Vintage Generation Ex has a humbucker in the neck and a standard tele pup in the bridge. It interests me a lot. They are hot. The custom's h'buckers are not hot. The triple singles are relatively hot.

I might modify my Squire std tele to have a covered humbucker, or even an open Seymour Duncan '59, in the neck. I wonder how this sound would blend in the middle position. I don't know if you could balance them out with just one tone and volume pot. Might have to have new pots put in and then you are getting into territory where the Squire Custom II w 2 duncan designed P90s looks more reasonable. Played it last night. Very nice with great lows and screaming highs. Quite loud at idle of course, being p90s, even Duncan designed.

That Peavey Generation Ex Vintage really sounds nice and hot too.

Duffy
    Duffy
    South Williamsport, Pa.

Post Thanks / Like

Can anyone tell me what the Custom EX double humbucker model sounds like? I've been eyeing a white one.
    Guitars: MIM Fender FSR Limited Edition Stratocaster with direct mount pickups, Schecter C-1 Plus, SX SST57 Powder Blue, Alvarez RD8 Accoustic

Amps: Line6 Spidervalve 112

Effects: Digitech Bad Monkey, Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus, GFS Delay, GFS Tuner, Behringer HB01 wah, Line6 Toneport GX, GuitarRig 3

Post Thanks / Like

Great deal on a Generation EX

They have the Peavey Generation EX triple single for $149 and free shipping.
    http://www.uncleikes.com/pc-200-43-p...-electric.aspx

Post Thanks / Like

Duff - mine is a HSS exactly like the one in the pic. Build quality seems excellent and the neck in particular is much nicer to me than the one on the Pacifica I used to have. When Ive played it a while and strung it/set the intonation etc I'll be better placed to review it but Im very pleased with it. I wanted a tele with strat like pickups/switching so this was a good buy, when I upgrade the pickups (probably to SWINESHEAD pickups, a fantastic UK builder, check the site) I might also fit a coil tap on a pull- up pot. The binding is a nice touch at this price too.
    Guitars Gordon Smith GS1.5-40, Peavey Generation EXP, Ovation Celebrity electro

Amps Behringer GM110

Effects Danelectro Blue Paisley pure drive, Danelectro Cool Cat CD1 Distortion, Danelectro Black Paisley liquid metal, Danelectro Cool Cat chorus(original 18v model), Danelectro Dan Echo delay, Line 6 Toneport GX,

Post Thanks / Like

I have been looking for one of these for a long time and thanks to everyone here for their input and links to uncleikes,I odered one in butterscotch with 3 singles today,if Spud and Duff say it's a great guitar I'm sure it is.can't go wrong with this one guy's.Plus free shipping and no tax. :
    Last edited by ET335; May 14th, 2008 at 02:38 AM.

Guitars: 99 Gibson ES-335,1985 Gibson Les Paul 59 Reissue,Schecter C1 Artist,Squire 51,Peavey Generation Triple/single EX,Fender Deluxe Fat Strat, Cortez Acoustic,Epiphone Acoustic.

Effects: Arion SCH-1 Chorus,Boss BD2,Bad Monkey,Boss DD3 Delay,Boss GE-7 EQ ,Arion SOD-1 overdrive,TC Electronic Nova Repeater Delay,Ibanez Tone-Lok DE7 Delay/Echo.

Amps: B52 AT-212 100watt all Tube ,FMJ SS(being restored),1=Epiphone Valve Junior Head and 2 matching Cabs, Hughes& Kettner Edition Blue 15DFX, Crate V18 112,Fender Super Champ XD,Fender 25R Frontman Series II.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ET335
    I have been looking for one of these for a long time and thanks to everyone here for their input and links to uncle mikes,I odered one in butterscotch with 3 singles today,if Spud and Duff say it's a great guitar I'm sure it is.can't go wrong with this one guy's.Plus free shipping and no tax. :
    Another convert. Congrats.

I played my triple single all day at my local open mic. I even used the middle pickup a lot. Very versatile guitar.

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't name my guitars, but I will refer to this as joining the BUG Club Butt Ugly Guitar.

A lot of us never saw anything pleasing by it's looks, but like an ugly dog, it tends to warm up to you.
    Mark
    * Loud is good, good is better!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    I don't name my guitars, but I will refer to this as joining the BUG Club Butt Ugly Guitar.

A lot of us never saw anything pleasing by it's looks, but like an ugly dog, it tends to warm up to you.
    PICS!

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    PICS!
    Hasn't arrived yet.
    Mark
    * Loud is good, good is better!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by just strum

so basically it's the bugger. "Ok, honey, I'm headed downstairs to play with the bugger." Or, "I'm off to commit some buggery!" I amuse me!

Wish I could join you guys on this purchase.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast