Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Anybody try a Peavey Generation EX tele?
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Anybody try a Peavey Generation EX tele?

South Williamsport, Pa. (on the Susquehanna River)
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Anybody try a Peavey Generation EX tele?

I bought two at great prices: 149 US each and they are sweet high gain type teles, nothing thin about it. Nice guitars. Alder solid bodies, vintage style tuners, beautiful maple neck with maple fingerboard and some really great tone thru a great amp.

Anyone have one? Any comments to share? I'd like to get the Generation EX custom with the two humbuckers.

Duffy
    Duffy
    South Williamsport, Pa.

"So let us stop talking falsely now, the hour's getting late." (as by JH)

Post Thanks / Like

Um...my hand goes up 3 times. Great guitars.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

There is a boy I go see sometimes at the clubs.. Dunno if its the EX or EXP but his is tele shaped with a S/S/H setup with front and back binding around the body . HE plays it thru a Crate Combo and for Country and Blues it sounds very very good in his hands.. Nice burst and a very good looking guitar on the stage.

Jimmie Vaughan Strat , Squire 51
    Epi 56 GoldTop, SX "Vintage" Jazz Bass
    Zager 50, Guild GAD30R (Excellent)
    G-Dec 3 Thirty, Valve Junior & Cab
    Crate PowerBlock, Crate V33H
    JamVox, Studio GX With Mods/Farm 2.0.

Post Thanks / Like

It seems that model has been discontinued. The only online retailer that showed any is MF, and that model is the Hum/Hum model only @ $199.00.

Where did you get yours for $149.00 Duff?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Where

I got them at a local store in Pa. Some site had them for 149 and I bought that in and they matched the price. They were asking 220 already marked down from 299.

Duffy

So I got two: a three tone burst and a butterscotch. Both are great. I want to sell some of my lower quality guitars.
    Duffy
    South Williamsport, Pa.

Post Thanks / Like

Default They have one left

I think they will ship. The one they have left is a tobacco sunburst good looking and playing guitar. Standard two pickup, hot, tele type. Quite nice actually.

They will ship, I'm sure. I can give you a phone number. If you quote my name and deal you can probably get it for the same price. Let me know.

Duffy
    Duffy
    South Williamsport, Pa.

Post Thanks / Like

These are really the sleeper guitars that once they are discovered everyone will be all over them. They are an amazing value. I actually like them a lot more than the MIM Fender Teles and most American (not all) Teles that I've played.

I've been gigging with mine and it flat out wails and I can get a lot of different sounds out of it. It looks good too. Initially I wanted a different bridge pickup but after using it and discovering how to use the tone knob with the bridge pickup there is almost no way that I'm going to swap it out. It works great.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Duff
    I think they will ship. The one they have left is a tobacco sunburst good looking and playing guitar. Standard two pickup, hot, tele type. Quite nice actually.

They will ship, I'm sure. I can give you a phone number. If you quote my name and deal you can probably get it for the same price. Let me know.

Duffy
    Yeah, I'd like their number, if you would Duff. You can PM me with the info.

Is this tobacco burst one a two humbucker version? Or is it a single bridge/humbucker neck?

Post Thanks / Like

If anybody is interested in one of these guitars in the 3-single coil model, this could be a potential deal in the making.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA:IT&ih=015

Nobody's touched it so far, and the auction runs out in 9 hours. The shipping price is reasonable too. The cheapest I've seen this model going for is $149.99 plus shipping.

Anyway, it's up for grabs...

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bloozcat

These Peavey teles are 149 and are std. two single coils; they have two butterscotch and a burst.

Another place I know has triple singles and customs with the piezo like MF, and a std. Also have a sweet looking vintage modified Squire tele with the three pickups with a mini humbucker in the neck, another Squire tele with duncan designed bucker in the bridge and two duncan designed single coils in mid and neck.

Some sweet inexpensive guitars out there these days.

I like the ones with the humbucker in the neck and might get one next.

Just got a black Peavey triple single for 149 new. Sweet. Put tens on it and had it set up real good. I'd like to get a real pro set up though.

Playing thru a Fender SCXD with a Danelectro Corned Beef reverb pedal in front of it: neat sound.

Duffy
    Duffy
    South Williamsport, Pa.

Post Thanks / Like

These really are great guitars.

Post Thanks / Like

5-way switch? Looks like a cool guitar, does the middle neck pickup combo sound more like a strat? Can you still use the neck + bridge combo?
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

Default Pups

No neck and bridge combination on my new black one "Nigel", means black in Dutch or some Western European language.

But, I understand that the mod can be made and I'm interested in having it done.

Also, the Vintage Generation Ex has a humbucker in the neck and a standard tele pup in the bridge. It interests me a lot. They are hot. The custom's h'buckers are not hot. The triple singles are relatively hot.

I might modify my Squire std tele to have a covered humbucker, or even an open Seymour Duncan '59, in the neck. I wonder how this sound would blend in the middle position. I don't know if you could balance them out with just one tone and volume pot. Might have to have new pots put in and then you are getting into territory where the Squire Custom II w 2 duncan designed P90s looks more reasonable. Played it last night. Very nice with great lows and screaming highs. Quite loud at idle of course, being p90s, even Duncan designed.

That Peavey Generation Ex Vintage really sounds nice and hot too.

Duffy
    Duffy
    South Williamsport, Pa.

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Duff

Just got a black Peavey triple single for 149 new. Sweet. Put tens on it and had it set up real good. I'd like to get a real pro set up though.

Duffy
    Where are you finding these for 149?
    Mark
    * Loud is good, good is better!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    Where are you finding these for 149?
    http://www.siglermusic.com/

They also have them for that price on ebay as a buy it now.

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    http://www.siglermusic.com/

They also have them for that price on ebay as a buy it now.
    Well, I can post a reply to this thread soon, just purchased this:

scroll down on the link
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Peavey-Generatio...QQcmdZViewItem

I've been wanting a tele recently and Wingsdad G&L was a major GAS maker. Since I didn't have the funds for one like that or a Fender, this seems to be the ticket.
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

Well I hope they are OK - I made an impulse buy while at a guitar show today and picked up a generation EXP in black like this for £75. Needs stringing with 10's and the intonation setting properly but it plays lovely and gives me some nice in between sounds. I got it mainly as a lying about the house guitar on a stand, not in a case so I might play some more and will probably use it as an upgrade platform (just pickups really)

I like it so far.
    Guitars Gordon Smith GS1.5-40, Peavey Generation EXP, Ovation Celebrity electro

Amps Behringer GM110

Effects Danelectro Blue Paisley pure drive, Danelectro Cool Cat CD1 Distortion, Danelectro Black Paisley liquid metal, Danelectro Cool Cat chorus(original 18v model), Danelectro Dan Echo delay, Line 6 Toneport GX,

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Grumpy
    Well I hope they are OK - I made an impulse buy while at a guitar show today and picked up a generation EXP in black like this for £75. Needs stringing with 10's and the intonation setting properly but it plays lovely and gives me some nice in between sounds. I got it mainly as a lying about the house guitar on a stand, not in a case so I might play some more and will probably use it as an upgrade platform (just pickups really)

I like it so far.
    Yours is an HSS? Mine has 3 singles. How is the build on it? Comparing to guitars in the same price range and higher, where would you rate it?
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

I checked their site, their were no Peavey's shown, guess you guys got the last of them.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast