Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Anybody Use This Yet??

Thread: Anybody Use This Yet??

Post Thanks / Like

Question Anybody Use This Yet??

I found this http://www.guitarscratchremover.com/index.html doing a search on well you gussed it. Removing scratches from my guitar. Anybody have any expierance with this stuff? Check out the videos. They never actually say whats in it. It looks too good to be true. Yet I'm very intrigued.
    It's very dependent on your state of mind. And your emotional state as well. And a lot of it comes pouring out, you don't really have that much control with it.

Eric Clapton

Post Thanks / Like

I think it is one of those products that fills in clear coat scratches for a temporary time....like those color match waxes that came out years ago for your car. Won't do any harm to the finish but won't really be fixing the problem either.
    Guitars: 2002 Les Paul Studio Limited Color's Edition | 2004 Greg Bennett Avion Les Paul Copy | S101 Telecaster project | 2004 Washburn D46 Acoustic

Amplification: Epiphone Valve Jr. Head and Cabinet | VOX AD30VT

Effects: Rocktron Delay | BBE Free Fuzz | Big Muff Pi | Boss Flanger | Bad Monkey | Jekyll and Hyde | Cry Baby Wah | Boss EQ | Behrenger TU300 Tuner |

Post Thanks / Like

I use Meguires Scratch X and have had great results. It's available at automotive stores and hardware stores. Some other products are often not as effective or can be some gimmick just to get money from unsuspecting newbie guitarists.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

North of the Equator: I am a Southerner, Southern Ontario!
    Post Thanks / Like

I have had some experience with clear coat auto finishes. From what I can see it looks as if this is a fine rubbing compound and then a polishing compound. It is better known as swirl remover. What you are actually doing is polishing out and levelling the coating on the guitar. The second one takes out any fine scratches and is a glaze.
    This is some wax filling as well and the scratches will be there but be less noticable for a while. When the wax wears off you will see them. It all depends on how deep they are and how much you buff them with the initial compound.
    I use similar products on my Muscle cars but I use a buffer.
    The Blues is alright!

Guitars: 1968 Gibson SG, 2005 Gibson SG Standard, 2006 Gibson LP Classic Gold top, 2004 Epiphone Elitist LP Custom, 1996 Gibson Les Paul Standard. 2001 Epiphone Sheraton II, 2007 Epiphone G400.
    Fender Strats: 1996 Fender 68 Reissue CIJ, 2008 Squier CV 50s, 2009 Squier CV 50s Tele Butterescotch Blonde

Amps: Blues Junior Special edition Jensen in Brown Tolex with Wheat front, 65 Deluxe Reverb reissue,1970 Sonax reverb by Traynor, Avatar Custom 2/12 Cabinet with Eminence Legend V1216 speakers,
    2008 DSL100 Marshall Amp , Fender Super Champ XD,Fender Vibro Champ XD

Effects and Pedals: Fulltone Fulldrive II, Fulltone OCD, Fulltone Mini Deja Vibe, Fulltone Fat Boost, Dunlop Crybaby Wah, Boss DS1, Boss DD20 Giga Delay, Boss TU2 tuner, Boss BD2, Ibanez TS9 Tube screamer, Zoom 505. Radial tonebone hot british.

Post Thanks / Like

I decided to check out the local auto store to see what they had. They didn't have the Sratch X. But they did have Mothers California Gold Scratch Remover. So I gave it a shot. It took a lot of applications like 5 or 6. But after each one I saw a little improvement. I rather have it that way then the alternitive. I don't know what the last owner used to clean this guitar with. I think he used his hair brush. With that said, I am pleased with the reults. It didn't completely remove all of them. But it sure made me a lot more comfortable with what was left. I'm not usally this picky, OK I am. It's just that the rest of the finsh was so nice. It made he other stuff pop out. Now it looks very nice. Like I own it. Now I just have to decide between legend,Professrs Green and Virtuousso or??? For regular use. any suggestions?? Thanks again to all that took the time to post. You guys rock!
    It's very dependent on your state of mind. And your emotional state as well. And a lot of it comes pouring out, you don't really have that much control with it.

Eric Clapton

Post Thanks / Like

This is my Pro Tone before removing the scratches with Scratch X

Notice all the scratches by the upper horn

After Scratch X

Hardly any visible scratches even up close

Post Thanks / Like

Nice results! I also really like the pickgaurd. I have been debating about going with one of those on my G&L. They could have been soul brothers. Here's http://picasaweb.google.com/10802473...rw6vi8ocqZjgE# A before and after. Thanks for posting your pics.
    Last edited by Rockybluejazz; August 20th, 2010 at 08:23 PM.

Eric Clapton

Post Thanks / Like

Nice Legacy Rocky.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    Nice Legacy Rocky.
    Thanks. I'm really enjoying it.

Eric Clapton

Post Thanks / Like

Spud - Do you use the original Scratch X or Scratch X 2.0? I have some 2.0 that I picked up awhile back, but haven't used it yet.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    I use Meguires Scratch X and have had great results. It's available at automotive stores and hardware stores. Some other products are often not as effective or can be some gimmick just to get money from unsuspecting newbie guitarists.
    meguires is who makes ferraris care stuff. i use the scratch X followed by a good coat of carnuba wax, cos that stops it happening again
    as this guy says theres alot of cheap crud on the market so beware there trying to get your money