Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Tycobrahe Octavia Clone Pedal - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tycobrahe Octavia Clone Pedal

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by underdog
    I'm doing the same pedal, and have a question. I also don't need battery so how should I wire the dc jack?
    Just leave out the battery adapter, and wire in the DC jack per the layout diagram on the GGG site:

http://www.generalguitargadgets.com/pdf/ggg_toct_lo.pdf

BTW, if you're using the GGG board for your build, the orientation for the Q1 transistor as shown on the layout and silkscreened on the PCB itself is backwards. The flat face of the transistor should face away from the other two transistors, not toward them. Though the pedal works either way, you'll get a stronger, smoother fuzz and better octave effect when Q1 is properly oriented....
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds exactly the same as the Danelectro French Toast

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by duhvoodooman
    Just leave out the battery adapter, and wire in the DC jack per the layout diagram on the GGG site:

http://www.generalguitargadgets.com/pdf/ggg_toct_lo.pdf

BTW, if you're using the GGG board for your build, the orientation for the Q1 transistor as shown on the layout and silkscreened on the PCB itself is backwards. The flat face of the transistor should face away from the other two transistors, not toward them. Though the pedal works either way, you'll get a stronger, smoother fuzz and better octave effect when Q1 is properly oriented....
    oh, thanks for the info

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12