Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
My friend's Gibson Guitars.

Thread: My friend's Gibson Guitars.

Post Thanks / Like

Default My friend's Gibson Guitars.

I have this buddy who I met in St Louis at a Tesla concert and Station Family Fund benefit....he brought a bunch of guitars with him that night...in 2005 and that is right after I started playing guitar again...He has one Gibson in particular that is pretty rare it is an Explorer made of Korina. Apparently there were only 4 built and only 2 of those are still in existence...and of course he has one.

I sent him a note to come join us over here as he is a highly seasoned guitar player. In the meantime he sent me some pictures of his 3 Gibson Electrics...I will wait for him to post his Gibson Acoustic....I think it is an J185 or 200.

Some specs from the Gibson Custom Shop

7.8 LBS WITH A BEEFY 50'S NECK 57 CLASSIC PICK-UP'S 9+ CONDITION-ALL ORIGINAL AND IN UNPLAYED CONDITION...ONE PIECE MAHOGANY BODY ONLY 25 WERE MADE (21 were mahogany 4 were Korina . Only 2 of the four are still in existance)AND THEY NEVER COME UP FOR SALE-MADE IN THE GIBSON USA CUSTOM SHOP THIS WAS A LIMITED RUN CUSTOM SHOP MODEL THAT SOLD FOR $5500.00 MODELED AFTER ERIC CLAPTON'S CUT EXPLORER GIBSON CUSTOM SHOP CERTIFICATE AND CASE CANDY INCLUDED WITH ORIGINAL GIBSON BLACK HISTORIC CUSTOM SHOP CASE

he sent me some pictures of his Firebird and Les Paul too.
    Burstbucker Pro at the neck and 498t at the bridge

This one here just plain out has balls....I played this one in Steelville Missouri at a camping trip we all met up on down on the river.

Guitars: 2002 Les Paul Studio Limited Color's Edition | 2004 Greg Bennett Avion Les Paul Copy | S101 Telecaster project | 2004 Washburn D46 Acoustic

Amplification: Epiphone Valve Jr. Head and Cabinet | VOX AD30VT

Effects: Rocktron Delay | BBE Free Fuzz | Big Muff Pi | Boss Flanger | Bad Monkey | Jekyll and Hyde | Cry Baby Wah | Boss EQ | Behrenger TU300 Tuner |

Post Thanks / Like

Wow,those are realllllly some sweet rides your friend has(you can tell I'm a car guy cause everything nice is a sweet ride)Sumi

Post Thanks / Like

Yikes! Who takes an LP on a camping trip?!

Those are nice though. Looking forward to meeting your bud.

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by ^AXE^
    It was a very upscale camping trip . I um... he actually brought 2 LP's with him . The other was a Goldtop ...

just sayin
    I'm hoping they were kept somewhere climate-controlled or at least that you had mild weather.

Post Thanks / Like

It was August...so no the weather in Steeleville Missouri was no mild....and there were a bunch of inebriated fools playing around on those les pauls late at night :-) Myself included.

Thanks for joining us over here Rick....your talent will be muchly appreciated
    Guitars: 2002 Les Paul Studio Limited Color's Edition | 2004 Greg Bennett Avion Les Paul Copy | S101 Telecaster project | 2004 Washburn D46 Acoustic

Effects: Rocktron Delay | BBE Free Fuzz | Big Muff Pi | Boss Flanger | Bad Monkey | Jekyll and Hyde | Cry Baby Wah | Boss EQ | Behrenger TU300 Tuner |

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, I feel good when I have more than 1 case of beer to take camping.

Sweeeet.

Post Thanks / Like

We probably had 10 cases of beer....and I lost count of the bottles of Crown Royal and Absolute.

Post Thanks / Like

he he....