Thread: Area 61s Revisited

Post Thanks / Like

Default Area 61s Revisited

Now that I'm in my Underground Lair (tm) I can crank my AD30VT and really hear these Area 61s. It's making me rethink everything I've taken for granted before. Maybe it's because these are the first decent single coils I've ever owned. What I mean is that, for example, my volume knob has become useful. Cutting back between 6-8 cleans things up and lowers the treble without losing any definition. Changing the location where I pluck the string changes the tone entirely (right over the neck pup, middle, or somewhere in between). I'm really quite amazed.

I thought I had lost my Black 2x12 plus TO800 tone when I cranked it up. It got a bit harsh. Backing off on the volume a bit brought it back again. I guess the old saying it true. You really have to crank it up to hear it.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Good to hear, I might buy these pickups too eventually. DiMarzio make kick booty good single coil pickups.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Hello,

I put two Area 61's in my Jazzmaster and I love em. Thanks for the tip marnold: I can't believe how quiet they are, I love em: I am experimenting with the pickup height as suggested

M29