Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Back to Canada
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Back to Canada

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Back to Canada

Received call yesterday that I need to go back up to Canada. Staying on Orbitor Drive in Mississauga. Trying to find a route that keeps me off 407, but doesn't add time to the drive. I'm not sure if there is a way to do that.

Don't like 407 with the cameras to determine toll cost. Two trips and shorts drives on 407 cost me about $30. I was thinking of getting some tape and changing the numbers on my plates, maybe make a 7 an 8.

I was thinking of throwing my Squier in the trunk along with a Honeytone estudio so I can at least practice a little before I hit the sack Monday night. Most likely coming back Tuesday afternoon, but if I get stuck at least I'll have a guitar. Good idea, eh (see I picked something up on my previous trips)

Mark
    * Loud is good, good is better!

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Too bad you're all out the east side there. You should come out west (Alberta) - there are lotsa good jam nights and beer at the pubs here.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

I could always tell the boss I got lost. She always tells me I don't follow directions.
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

Heh, heh, in honor of your trip to Canada my friend, CB and I watched that great Canadian classic . . . STRANGE BREW!

Why the boys never got the Oscar nod is a question I lay awake at night pondering.:

Guitars and other stringed instruments: Washburn D10S, Washburn EA52SWCE, Washburn Cumberland J28SDL, Washburn D46S12, D'Aquisto Centura, Rover RM-50B Mando

Amps and Cabs: Behringer AT108, Firefly Tube Amph, Blackheart Little Giant BH5H, Shiner's Custom Cab v.1.0

". . . because without beer, things do not seem to go as well . . ." Brother Epp, Capuchin Monastery, Munjor, Kansas 1902

Post Thanks / Like

Mark

North of the Equator: I am a Southerner, Southern Ontario!
    Post Thanks / Like

Are you flying or driving. Orbitor drive is on the other side of Highway 401 from the Airport.
    If you are driving you will probably come through Buffalo.
    Take QEW(Queen Elizabeth Way) to Toronto, take Highway 403 exit and stay on Highway 403 until you get to the Eglinton Ave exit. Orbitor ave is off Eglington.
    This is pretty simple but I can get a more detailed description with exits numbers if you like.
    The only factor will be rush hour traffic between 7 a.m. and 9 a.m. on the QEW after The Burlington Skyway it gets congested.
    The Blues is alright!

Guitars: 1968 Gibson SG, 2005 Gibson SG Standard, 2006 Gibson LP Classic Gold top, 2004 Epiphone Elitist LP Custom, 1996 Gibson Les Paul Standard. 2001 Epiphone Sheraton II, 2007 Epiphone G400.
    Fender Strats: 1996 Fender 68 Reissue CIJ, 2008 Squier CV 50s, 2009 Squier CV 50s Tele Butterescotch Blonde

Amps: Blues Junior Special edition Jensen in Brown Tolex with Wheat front, 65 Deluxe Reverb reissue,1970 Sonax reverb by Traynor, Avatar Custom 2/12 Cabinet with Eminence Legend V1216 speakers,
    2008 DSL100 Marshall Amp , Fender Super Champ XD,Fender Vibro Champ XD

Effects and Pedals: Fulltone Fulldrive II, Fulltone OCD, Fulltone Mini Deja Vibe, Fulltone Fat Boost, Dunlop Crybaby Wah, Boss DS1, Boss DD20 Giga Delay, Boss TU2 tuner, Boss BD2, Ibanez TS9 Tube screamer, Zoom 505. Radial tonebone hot british.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ZMAN
    Are you flying or driving. Orbitor drive is on the other side of Highway 401 from the Airport.
    If you are driving you will probably come through Buffalo.
    Take QEW(Queen Elizabeth Way) to Toronto, take Highway 403 exit and stay on Highway 403 until you get to the Eglinton Ave exit. Orbitor ave is off Eglington.
    This is pretty simple but I can get a more detailed description with exits numbers if you like.
    The only factor will be rush hour traffic between 7 a.m. and 9 a.m. on the QEW after The Burlington Skyway it gets congested.
    ZMAN,

I won't be hitting the QEW until around 1:00 PM. When I take the 403 am I looking for north, south, east, or west? Once on 403 how long (time wise, nothing metric) will I be on there before reaching Eglinton Ave and which direction on Eglinton. Since I got lost the first two times up there, all the roads and streets sound very familiar:

Thanks,
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

When you take the 403 you will be heading North away from the Lake. The cut off is at the Ford Plant. Stay way right.
    You will then go North for about 1 to 2 miles. At this point there is a link to the 407 so stay right again. You will now travel East, still on the 403. I would say you will then be on the 403 for about 5 to 10 mins. before you get to the Eglington exit.
    On the Eglington exit you will be travelling east towards Toronto. Stay right.
    http://ca.maps.yahoo.com/#mvt=m&q1=o...3.755225&mag=9
    You can use this map but it is a ltitle confusing. The QEW shows as 403, and the green section from Burlington is actually the 407.
    I will try to get you a better map showing the trip from Buffalo to Orbitor.
    The Blues is alright!

Guitars: 1968 Gibson SG, 2005 Gibson SG Standard, 2006 Gibson LP Classic Gold top, 2004 Epiphone Elitist LP Custom, 1996 Gibson Les Paul Standard. 2001 Epiphone Sheraton II, 2007 Epiphone G400.
    Fender Strats: 1996 Fender 68 Reissue CIJ, 2008 Squier CV 50s, 2009 Squier CV 50s Tele Butterescotch Blonde

Amps: Blues Junior Special edition Jensen in Brown Tolex with Wheat front, 65 Deluxe Reverb reissue,1970 Sonax reverb by Traynor, Avatar Custom 2/12 Cabinet with Eminence Legend V1216 speakers,

Effects and Pedals: Fulltone Fulldrive II, Fulltone OCD, Fulltone Mini Deja Vibe, Fulltone Fat Boost, Dunlop Crybaby Wah, Boss DS1, Boss DD20 Giga Delay, Boss TU2 tuner, Boss BD2, Ibanez TS9 Tube screamer, Zoom 505. Radial tonebone hot british.

Post Thanks / Like

Got it, stay right. I either find the hotel or make a big circle around the lake or if it's a sharp right, I'm in the lake.

thanks,
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

Keep your lights off.

It freaks the natives & the cameras won't be able to see you .
    I pick a moon dog.

Post Thanks / Like

Yea have fun. Off Eglington you will be turning left onto Orbitor. You can't miss it. On the right is Centennial Park. It has a ski hill. When my daughter played soccer for Team Canada they used to run up and down that hill.
    I am very familiar with that area.
    There is some construction in St. Catharines where I live and it slows to 50 mph. Wave when you pass through.
    The Blues is alright!

Post Thanks / Like

Yea have fun. Off Eglington you will be turning left onto Orbitor. You can't miss it. On the right is Centennial Park. It has a ski hill. When my daughter played soccer for Team Canada they used to run up and down that hill.
    I am very familiar with that area.
    Shows how dumb us 'muricans are. We run

back

&

forth

on the field when we play soccer.

No wonder it hasn't become popular in the States.
    I pick a moon dog.

Post Thanks / Like

You think you americans are bad, I went Ice fishing and almost got run over by the Zamboni!
    The Blues is alright!

Post Thanks / Like

Gotta love the QEW - the speed limit and heavy fines are posted everywhere and there isn't a single car or truck doing the speed limit. I can be doing 85 mph (I believe 137 KPH) and have large trucks just blowing by me.
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

I drove it back and forth to Hamitlon for 30 years. 65 MPH on cruise. Never had a problem and never passed anyone.
    The Blues is alright!

Post Thanks / Like

Zmans directions directions sound good, you may get pretty hosed up from the Skyway bridge onward like Z says.
    I'll be keep'n an eye out for rogue Ohio plates and no headlights though,

Post Thanks / Like

You think you americans are bad, I went Ice fishing and almost got run over by the Zamboni!
    Barum-bum!

(warning obscure Canadian lyrics follow)

Once I was the King of Spain

Now the Leafs call me up to drive the Zamboni
    I pick a moon dog.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ted s
    Zmans directions directions sound good, you may get pretty hosed up from the Skyway bridge onward like Z says.
    I'll be keep'n an eye out for rogue Ohio plates and no headlights though,
    I tend to drive faster when I'm lost, so if you see Ohio plates with a lot of police cars following, it's not OJ. I may get lost, but I make good time.
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tot_Ou_tard
    Barum-bum!

(warning obscure Canadian lyrics follow)

Once I was the King of Spain

Now the Leafs call me up to drive the Zamboni
    (warning obscure off topic Canadian reply)

Remember, slower pizza's more luscious
    The King of Spain never rushes!!!

Tot... you've got Moxy! :
    Gearlist:
    Electric: Ibanez 'AS103', Fender Dlx Nash Pwr Tele, Fender Squier '62 JV Strat, Squier '51, Squier 60's Classic Vibe Strat, Epi Elite LP Studio, Hagstrom Swede Acoustic: Larrivee LV-03RE, A&L AMI, Yamaha FG340-T Bass: Yamaha BB 450 Amps: Roland JC-120, JC-50, Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Champ XD Pedals: Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Danelectro Cool Cat Drive, Transparent Overdrive, Digitech Digiverb, Bad Monkey, Ibanez TS-9, Boss AC-2, CE-5, CS-2, DD-3, DF-2, DS-1, FV-100, GE-7, OC-2, PSM-5, SD-1, TU-2, DVM~BYOC 'Lush Puppy' Chorus

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast