15 25.42%
  • 60-69

5 8.47%
  • 70+

0 0%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: How old are you?

Post Thanks / Like

Robert, I think that I'm old enough to still have a rockin good time at the age of 52 going on 53. So what if I don't have trouble farting at will (sometimes without warnings). I feel young everytime I hear some great upbeat classic rock and I can still handle myself without the need of 24 hour healthcare. I'm learning to play guitar, able to get up in the morning and go to work or just sit in the morning air and pick on the strings, still keep the wife half-way happy.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    58.5???? Where does the nick name Child Bride come from. Unless Shiner is 86.

As for me, I'm 14 and go to school with Kris.

speaking of which, mr. 14, you have your 15th birfday coming up pretty darned soon. dang, 6 more years [after that] until you're legal in texas. better delay that Marathon Battery trip...
    2006 Washburn WD55SW Augusta, 2006 Washburn J28S12DL, Washburn EA20SDL,
    2008 American Standard Fender Telecaster
    2008 Rondo Limited Edition SST, G&L ASAT Semi-Hollow, Gibson LP Ultra

Post Thanks / Like

Oh dude, where do I start.

When that time it arrives - Happy 5th Birth Day
    Strum, I think there's only three people on the forum who passed that age emotionally, and you and I ain't on the short list brother.

Quote Originally Posted by Guitar Gal
    What exactly IS an "old fart"

Does everyone start off as "young farts" and then turn into "old farts"? When, how does this happen?

Is there a heirarchy of farts......"baby farts", "junior farts", "adolescent farts", "young adult farts", and then "old farts"?

Are "old farts" the highest level of fartdom? Have I reached my plateau? Is there a fart nirvana?

: :

Ahhhhh.......I think the answers to my questions lie within.....

Looks like I am part of the largest demographic in the voting so far.....

GG
    Heh, heh . . . GG . . . you said fart!

Quote Originally Posted by bigoldron
    As for the age thingie, 47 in July! If I could find a few guys around here who'd be willing to play, I'd like to start a band called the "Grumpy Old Farts".
    Heh, heh . . bigoldron . . . you said fart too! And I'll be 47 in July too. Um . . . that is if I wasn't 14 when CB married me.

Quote Originally Posted by street music
    So what if I don't have trouble farting at will (sometimes without warnings).
    Snicker . . . snarf . . . my inner five year old is very happy right now.:
    Guitars and other stringed instruments: Washburn D10S, Washburn EA52SWCE, Washburn Cumberland J28SDL, Washburn D46S12, D'Aquisto Centura, Rover RM-50B Mando

Amps and Cabs: Behringer AT108, Firefly Tube Amph, Blackheart Little Giant BH5H, Shiner's Custom Cab v.1.0

". . . because without beer, things do not seem to go as well . . ." Brother Epp, Capuchin Monastery, Munjor, Kansas 1902

Post Thanks / Like

my birthday is in july too....but i'll only be 46....

oh yeah and i can't believe gg said fart!! : :

ww
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR
    Brownsville Reso - 101 Electric Reso : Fender GDO-300 Maple Quilt Top Acoustic

Amps: Fender Super Champ XD

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Post Thanks / Like

[snicker... snarf snarf]

i was born in 69.

i love saying that.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Childbride
    i was born in 69.

i love saying that.
    oh boy....that's signature material right there boys!! : :

ww
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bigoldron
    I go along with Algonquin, "what hair?" I'm not bald yet, but it's a whole lot thinner than it used to be. And it's DEFINITELY a lot grayer.
    It's historical remnants and repeat after me - I'm bald and proud!!!

I know what you're thinking, how does a 14 year old kid become bald so early? Well, simple - I shave my head so I look older.
    Mark
    * Loud is good, good is better!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Childbride
    [snicker... snarf snarf]

i was born in 69.

Jeez, I didn't know that could make someone pregnant...I'm very, very worried.
    I pick a moon dog.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tot_Ou_tard
    Jeez, I didn't know that could make someone pregnant...I'm very, very worried.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert
    Just want to get it confirmed that we are mostly old farts here!
    Fart :

Jimmie Vaughan Strat , Squire 51
    Epi 56 GoldTop, SX "Vintage" Jazz Bass
    Zager 50, Guild GAD30R (Excellent)
    G-Dec 3 Thirty, Valve Junior & Cab
    Crate PowerBlock, Crate V33H
    JamVox, Studio GX With Mods/Farm 2.0.

Post Thanks / Like

Man it is starting to smell funny around here. Must be them fret farts.

M29

Post Thanks / Like

Man I,m a classic 1957,and your only an old fart if ya see dust,as for me you better run for fresh air cause its purple haze.Sumi : :

Post Thanks / Like

I'm 54 - that is, I think I am, if I remember correctly.....

Ha ha - I see I'm in the up-and-coming demographic! Watch out you 40-49 youngsters!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tjcurtin1
    I'm 54
    hey you are the same age as my truck...a good year!

ww

Post Thanks / Like

Youngsters? OH THANK YOU TJC! I'm 44 and I got tons of hair...cept it's grey but who cares I don't have to wear caps on purpose!
    Guitars/Bass - MIM Fender Classic 50s Strat, MIM Fender Standard Strat, Squier Classic Vibe 50s Tele, Gibson Les Paul Studio, Epi '56 Gold Top Les Paul, Martin DSR acoustic, Sigma Martin Auditorium electric/acoustic, Squier Jazz Bass.

Amps/Cabinets/Modelers - Model 2558 50 watt Marshall Silver Anniversary Jubilee combo w/ Celestion Vintage 30s, 4x12 Marshall cabinet w/25 watt Greenback Celestions, Fender Blues Junior w/ a couple of Billm mods, Line 6 POD 2.0, Roland Micro Cube

Pedals/Effects - Cry Baby Classic Wah, Boss TU-2, Boss NS-2, Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Ross Compressor, MXR Micro Amp, Danelectro FAB Echo, Danelectro FAB Chorus, Danelectro Chicken Salad, Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Marshall Echohead, Duhvoodooman's Zonkin' Yellow Screamer, Digitech Digiverb, Digitech Bad Monkey, Dunlop Fuzz Face, Homemade Loop Bypass pedal, Duhvoodooman's Sonic Tonic (Maxon SD-9 clone +), Voodoo Labs Superfuzz

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tone2TheBone
    Youngsters? OH THANK YOU TJC! I'm 44 and I got tons of hair...cept it's grey but who cares I don't have to wear caps on purpose!
    yep same here....quantity of hair is not the issue....i've been grey for years though....guess that's what happens when you start your own business and become a stay at home dad at the same time (11 years ago)....been thinking about growing it out long one more time before i really get old....

ww

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

45'er from late '62. Attended the Seattle edition of the World's Fair in vitro when my Mom worked there. Where were you in '62 baby!
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sunvalleylaw
    Where were you in '62 baby!
    well i started in virginia (in vitro) but my parents moved to florida before i was born....so i am a florida native! :

ww

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

So you have 46 coming up as well. I just looked but didn't find it. When?
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast