Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Suhr "Doug Aldrich" Humbuckers

Thread: Suhr "Doug Aldrich" Humbuckers

Post Thanks / Like

Default Suhr "Doug Aldrich" Humbuckers

Put a set into my LP Studio and all I can say is WOW!. These pickups have the throaty midrange that tone wet dreams are made of. They have a great high end and a real smooth bottom end - no flub, dirt or hair.

They're fairly hot, but clear and musical all the way to the stops. All in all the best humbuckers I've ever played.
    Guitars: 2008 Gibson SG Classic, 2006 Gibson Les Paul Standard LE, 2002 Gibson SG Supreme, 2001 Gibson Les Paul Studio Plus, 1996 Les Paul Studio Gem, American Deluxe Double Fat Strat, Bluesville "Super" Strat Copy, MIK Fender "Limited Edition" Tele, JD Bluesville "Night Pilot", Yamaha AES 820, Steinberger Spirit GT Pro, Taylor 355CE, Ovation 1897 Adamas, Ovation CC057 Celebrity

Amps: Axe FX centered rack rig, Mesa 4x12 cab. Germino Club 40, Johnson JM150 Millennium, Johnson JM250 Millennium, Gibson Titan Medalist Frankenstein.

Effects: Tonebone Trimode, EH Holy Grail, Boss CH-1, Dunlop Crybaby Classic, Framptone Amp Switcher, THD Hot Plate, Yamaha AG Stomp Acoustic Processor, Boss BCB-60 Pedal Board.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Plank_Spanker
    These pickups have the throaty midrange that tone wet dreams are made of.
    Signature material here folks.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Suhr makes really good stuff, so I am not surprised to hear about the wet dreams.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Wet dreams . . . as in Tawny Kitaen spread-eagled on the hood of a Jaguar kind of stuff?

Indeed. But who is Doug Aldrich . . . ?

Well, for those of you not in the know, guitarist Doug Aldrich is one half of the two-headed guitar monster that comprises the latest Whitesnake line-up. The other half being Reb Beach, former fretboard pyrotechnician of Winger / Dokken / Alice Cooper fame.

If you’d like to check out Doug (*he’s the dude with the Les Paul) & Reb in action on a track from Whitesnake’s latest release - “Lay Down Your Love” - here’s a link to the ‘Snake’s official site. And by all means, turn it up LOUD!

http://whitesnake.com/redsite/index.asp#media

Plank, if your guitar sounds like Doug's in the video, you may want to seek therapy . . . ! Wow.

Being a long-time fan of Whitesnake, I’ll also mention that their latest CD “Good To Be Bad” (*just released a week or two ago) is every bit as good as you might imagine it would be. Of course, there’s a few ballads, and very good ones at that. But the heavier stuff is jaw-dropping-ly good. Doug and Reb add a fresh, yet undeniably authoritative take on the classic Whitesnake groove. Add David Coverdale’s smoky growl and charismatic delivery into that equation, put in front of a thundering 80’s rhythm section, and it’s the stuff of . . . well, I think you get the picture.

If you dig heavy guitars, killer hard rock vocals, and great songs - - the kind that make you raise your lighter / beer / fist in the air, then look no further. “Good To Be Bad” is built for speed, and will be in heavy rotation during the Nelskie Summer of 2008 soundtrack.

Now if I could only fit into those ripped jeans.

Post Thanks / Like

Nelskie,

I bought the pickups on the recommendation of a trusted friend. While I know who Aldrich is, I'm not seeking his sound..........................but I'll give him props for endorsing these pickups.

They rawk..................
    Guitars: 2008 Gibson SG Classic, 2006 Gibson Les Paul Standard LE, 2002 Gibson SG Supreme, 2001 Gibson Les Paul Studio Plus, 1996 Les Paul Studio Gem, American Deluxe Double Fat Strat, Bluesville "Super" Strat Copy, MIK Fender "Limited Edition" Tele, JD Bluesville "Night Pilot", Yamaha AES 820, Steinberger Spirit GT Pro, Taylor 355CE, Ovation 1897 Adamas, Ovation CC057 Celebrity

Amps: Axe FX centered rack rig, Mesa 4x12 cab. Germino Club 40, Johnson JM150 Millennium, Johnson JM250 Millennium, Gibson Titan Medalist Frankenstein.

Effects: Tonebone Trimode, EH Holy Grail, Boss CH-1, Dunlop Crybaby Classic, Framptone Amp Switcher, THD Hot Plate, Yamaha AG Stomp Acoustic Processor, Boss BCB-60 Pedal Board.

Post Thanks / Like

Just though a few folks might like to know a bit about Doug . . . that's all. Doing your own thing with sig gear is always where its at. Peace.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nelskie
    Wet dreams . . . as in Tawny Kitaen spread-eagled on the hood of a Jaguar kind of stuff?
    Indeed. But who is Tawny Kitaen . . . ?
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSwede
    Indeed. But who is Tawny Kitaen . . . ?
    This hottie.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nelskie
    Just though a few folks might like to know a bit about Doug . . . that's all. Doing your own thing with sig gear is always where its at. Peace.
    Nelskie,

I certainly didn't mean to come across as a smarta$$. Sorry if it read like that.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    This hottie.

ohhhh :
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

Ahh, nothing better than a good celebrity arrest photo! So what's ol' Tawny been up to after her infamous assault of former husband, Angels pitcher Chuck Finley? Booze, coke, crack? Whatever it is, it's added some serious mileage....
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by duhvoodooman
    Ahh, nothing better than a good celebrity arrest photo! So what's ol' Tawny been up to after her infamous assault of former husband, Angels pitcher Chuck Finley? Booze, coke, crack? Whatever it is, it's added some serious mileage....
    My guess is that she's been doing a lot of Diet Coke. All that Aspartame really messes with a person.

She's certainly not on my hit list any more.

Post Thanks / Like

well, she does look as some of my regular customers at work.

"I didnt do it!!!"

Post Thanks / Like

best known for her performance in this Whitesnake Video

And as Tom Hanks' Fiancee in Bachelor Party....and my favorite as one of the main players in Witchboard.
    Guitars: 2002 Les Paul Studio Limited Color's Edition | 2004 Greg Bennett Avion Les Paul Copy | S101 Telecaster project | 2004 Washburn D46 Acoustic

Amplification: Epiphone Valve Jr. Head and Cabinet | VOX AD30VT

Effects: Rocktron Delay | BBE Free Fuzz | Big Muff Pi | Boss Flanger | Bad Monkey | Jekyll and Hyde | Cry Baby Wah | Boss EQ | Behrenger TU300 Tuner |

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    My guess is that she's been doing a lot of Diet Coke. All that Aspartame really messes with a person.

She's certainly not on my hit list any more.
    She looks like, as we like to say, she's been rode hard and put up wet, a few too many times. I remember Bachelor Party all too well and YES SHE DID used to be a hottie. Obviously, she hasn't held up too well.

'Course, I can't rightly brag too much about myself either. I'm neither as lean and mean or near as purty as I used to be. Lately, there's been some grumpy old fart impersonating me in the mirror. Guess I need a new mirror...