Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Oh that Longing for a White Strat
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oh that Longing for a White Strat

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Oh that Longing for a White Strat

http://imagehost.vendio.com/bin/view...2strat075.jpg#

this is what I've been looking for, but no money to buy a new toy.:

There is something that is just magical about a white Strat with maple fret board.
    Mark
    * Loud is good, good is better!

pes_laul Guest

speaking of white strats me and my dad decided to paint mine white

Post Thanks / Like

That looks purdy Strum, but I thought you were gassin' for one of those Squire Deluxe models in the pearl white?

GG
    Guitars: Washburn D10S, Washburn J28SDL, Washburn D56SW, Washburn F52SW, Washburn WI67PRO, Squire Standard Strat, Squire Tele Custom II, Squire '51, Agile AL-3100, Switch Wild IV Signature, Squire Classic Vibe 50's Tele

Amps: Vox AD30VT, Epiphone VJ Combo, Crate Palomino V8, Vox DA5

Pedals: Digitech Bad Monkey, Boss Blues Driver, Danelectro: PB&J Delay, Tuna Melt Tremolo, Chicken Salad Vibrato

Post Thanks / Like

Plus, white guitars don't show fingermarks. But, oh my eyes. That guy has a thing or two to learn about contrast control
    Electric: Fat strat > Korg PB > TS7 > DS1 > DD-20 > Cube 60 (Fender model)

Acoustic: Guitar > microphone > audience

North of the Equator: I am a Southerner, Southern Ontario!
    Post Thanks / Like

How about some vintage white. With maple. 1968 Strat.
    http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a3...wz/68Strat.jpg
    The Blues is alright!

Guitars: 1968 Gibson SG, 2005 Gibson SG Standard, 2006 Gibson LP Classic Gold top, 2004 Epiphone Elitist LP Custom, 1996 Gibson Les Paul Standard. 2001 Epiphone Sheraton II, 2007 Epiphone G400.
    Fender Strats: 1996 Fender 68 Reissue CIJ, 2008 Squier CV 50s, 2009 Squier CV 50s Tele Butterescotch Blonde

Amps: Blues Junior Special edition Jensen in Brown Tolex with Wheat front, 65 Deluxe Reverb reissue,1970 Sonax reverb by Traynor, Avatar Custom 2/12 Cabinet with Eminence Legend V1216 speakers,
    2008 DSL100 Marshall Amp , Fender Super Champ XD,Fender Vibro Champ XD

Effects and Pedals: Fulltone Fulldrive II, Fulltone OCD, Fulltone Mini Deja Vibe, Fulltone Fat Boost, Dunlop Crybaby Wah, Boss DS1, Boss DD20 Giga Delay, Boss TU2 tuner, Boss BD2, Ibanez TS9 Tube screamer, Zoom 505. Radial tonebone hot british.

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ZMAN
    How about some vintage white. With maple. 1968 Strat.
    http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a3...wz/68Strat.jpg
    How about major
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Guitar Gal
    That looks purdy Strum, but I thought you were gassin' for one of those Squire Deluxe models in the pearl white?

GG
    GG, I just love white Strats, doesn't matter if they are Squier or Fender. I've been gassin for a lot of guitars lately, I wish I could make a living buying guitars. It's like an addiction and they are my daily fix.
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

I am pretty well over my Gassin for guitars. I currently have 15 and most of them are unplayed. I no way rival Spudman, but I am seriously thinking of downsizing. It is amazing though I bought my 68 CIJ (Crafted in Japan) Vintage white w maple board back in 96 and it is going to be a keeper. I really don't favour the 7.5 radius on the neck but I just can't get over how pretty it is. I also have the Deluxe and a Blizzard Pearl 60th Ann. Strat that is almost white. I guess Mary Kaye and Hendrix had it right. White Strats Rock!
    I don't know if you are familiar with the Mary Kaye guitar? It is a Blonde/white/maple with gold hardware Strat, that she is pictured playing. Apparently she never played or owned a white guitar. It was handed to her by a Fender rep for a photo shoot, advertising Fender amps at the NAMM show in 1956. They took the guitar back and it wasn't until 2003 that they presented her with an official namesake guitar. It is valued as one of the most collectible Strats on the planet. The only one that even comes close is the original 1954 prototype Strat.
    The guitar was always known as the Mary Kaye style.
    The Blues is alright!

Guitars: 1968 Gibson SG, 2005 Gibson SG Standard, 2006 Gibson LP Classic Gold top, 2004 Epiphone Elitist LP Custom, 1996 Gibson Les Paul Standard. 2001 Epiphone Sheraton II, 2007 Epiphone G400.
    Fender Strats: 1996 Fender 68 Reissue CIJ, 2008 Squier CV 50s, 2009 Squier CV 50s Tele Butterescotch Blonde

Amps: Blues Junior Special edition Jensen in Brown Tolex with Wheat front, 65 Deluxe Reverb reissue,1970 Sonax reverb by Traynor, Avatar Custom 2/12 Cabinet with Eminence Legend V1216 speakers,

Effects and Pedals: Fulltone Fulldrive II, Fulltone OCD, Fulltone Mini Deja Vibe, Fulltone Fat Boost, Dunlop Crybaby Wah, Boss DS1, Boss DD20 Giga Delay, Boss TU2 tuner, Boss BD2, Ibanez TS9 Tube screamer, Zoom 505. Radial tonebone hot british.

Post Thanks / Like

I said this before but.. You just have to love white Fenders!

Zman what amp is that? A Deluxe HotRod?
    By the way.. the guitar is more like a 66-67ri see the "transition" logo 8)

Post Thanks / Like

Hows this?

Attachment 1550
    "Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a
    pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly
    used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming--WOW--What a ride!!!"
    -Stuart Wilde-

"If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend
    to view every problem as a nail."
    -Maslow-

"Religion is sitting in a church thinking about fishing.
    Spirituality is fishing and thinking about God."
    -Unknown-

Post Thanks / Like

Iago. That is my Blues Junior special edition with Jensen. It is the exact same amp as the tweed special editon except it came in a brown tolex. I haven't seen many like it. Here it is with my original 68 SG.
    http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a3...GibsonSG-1.jpg
    Hey Dauntless when did you get yours, and where did you find it?
    The Blues is alright!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm gassing for a white JV strat. Have to wait a little while though. I think the white with maple is an awesome look.
    -Steve

Guitars: Carvin BoltPlus-T, Floyd Rose DST-3, Xaviere XV870, Fender Acoustic
    Amp: Vox AD50VT 212, V-Amp 2
    Pedals/Effects: Wasabi Overdrive, HellBabe Wah, Digitech Hot Head, Danelectro Fab Chorus

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I'm GASing for one of these reverse headstock beauties......

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Fender--...81-i1172571.gc
    - Lev

Main Guitars: Fender US Deluxe HSS Strat, PRS SE C24, Fender Baja Tele
    Bass Guitar: Squier VM Jaguar Special
    Main Amp: Vox AC15
    Main Effects: Digitech EXP-7, Line6 M5, Soul Food, Sub n UP, Flashback, Polara Verb
    Vids: www.youtube.com/levguitar

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dauntless
    Hows this?

Attachment 1550
    Very Niceeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lev
    I'm GASing for one of these reverse headstock beauties......

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Fender--...81-i1172571.gc
    I like the guitar, but something about the reverse headstock that doesn't attract me. I don't know what it is, but it never has done anything for me. Is the reverse headstock suppose to represent or imitate something?
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

White Strats rawk!

Guitars: 2008 Gibson SG Classic, 2006 Gibson Les Paul Standard LE, 2002 Gibson SG Supreme, 2001 Gibson Les Paul Studio Plus, 1996 Les Paul Studio Gem, American Deluxe Double Fat Strat, Bluesville "Super" Strat Copy, MIK Fender "Limited Edition" Tele, JD Bluesville "Night Pilot", Yamaha AES 820, Steinberger Spirit GT Pro, Taylor 355CE, Ovation 1897 Adamas, Ovation CC057 Celebrity

Amps: Axe FX centered rack rig, Mesa 4x12 cab. Germino Club 40, Johnson JM150 Millennium, Johnson JM250 Millennium, Gibson Titan Medalist Frankenstein.

Effects: Tonebone Trimode, EH Holy Grail, Boss CH-1, Dunlop Crybaby Classic, Framptone Amp Switcher, THD Hot Plate, Yamaha AG Stomp Acoustic Processor, Boss BCB-60 Pedal Board.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ZMAN
    Iago. That is my Blues Junior special edition with Jensen. It is the exact same amp as the tweed special editon except it came in a brown tolex. I haven't seen many like it. Here it is with my original 68 SG.
    http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a3...GibsonSG-1.jpg
    Zman, I had to save this picture for my collection I hope you don`t mind.

I`ve seen some Deluxe hotrods in different colors now, I couldn`t tell the size of the amp by the pic. Looks really great in brown tolex. My next small amp will be something in that shade.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice shirt too Plank!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks!
    Guitars: 2008 Gibson SG Classic, 2006 Gibson Les Paul Standard LE, 2002 Gibson SG Supreme, 2001 Gibson Les Paul Studio Plus, 1996 Les Paul Studio Gem, American Deluxe Double Fat Strat, Bluesville "Super" Strat Copy, MIK Fender "Limited Edition" Tele, JD Bluesville "Night Pilot", Yamaha AES 820, Steinberger Spirit GT Pro, Taylor 355CE, Ovation 1897 Adamas, Ovation CC057 Celebrity

Amps: Axe FX centered rack rig, Mesa 4x12 cab. Germino Club 40, Johnson JM150 Millennium, Johnson JM250 Millennium, Gibson Titan Medalist Frankenstein.

Effects: Tonebone Trimode, EH Holy Grail, Boss CH-1, Dunlop Crybaby Classic, Framptone Amp Switcher, THD Hot Plate, Yamaha AG Stomp Acoustic Processor, Boss BCB-60 Pedal Board.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast