Thread: New Gary Moore Thin Lizzy DVD

Post Thanks / Like

Default New Gary Moore Thin Lizzy DVD

Hello Friends-

Was surfing the cduniverse.com website and came across a new interesting DVD by former Thin Lizzy and blues master guitarist Gary Moore. Apparently, a concert was recently filmed on what would have been Phil Lynott's b-day featuring many of his former bandmembers: Brian Downey, Scott Gorham, Brian Robertson, Eric Bell, and of course, Gary Moore.

I haven't seen the DVD, but I think it going to go on my "must have" list. For those interested, here's a link to the cduniverse.com website w/further info on this DVD:

http://www.cduniverse.com/productinf...cart=334421972

Farewell,

King Friday XIV

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh man, I love Thin Lizzy! I watched an old video the other day - Bad Reputation. What a cool song! Those guys...great band.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool! thanks for the info. I do miss Phil. We weren't friends or anything but he was very talented.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

..."Whack for my daddy-o There's whiskey in the jar-o" Mandatory Thin Lizzy. *thumbs up*
    Guitars/Bass - MIM Fender Classic 50s Strat, MIM Fender Standard Strat, Squier Classic Vibe 50s Tele, Gibson Les Paul Studio, Epi '56 Gold Top Les Paul, Martin DSR acoustic, Sigma Martin Auditorium electric/acoustic, Squier Jazz Bass.

Amps/Cabinets/Modelers - Model 2558 50 watt Marshall Silver Anniversary Jubilee combo w/ Celestion Vintage 30s, 4x12 Marshall cabinet w/25 watt Greenback Celestions, Fender Blues Junior w/ a couple of Billm mods, Line 6 POD 2.0, Roland Micro Cube

Pedals/Effects - Cry Baby Classic Wah, Boss TU-2, Boss NS-2, Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Ross Compressor, MXR Micro Amp, Danelectro FAB Echo, Danelectro FAB Chorus, Danelectro Chicken Salad, Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Marshall Echohead, Duhvoodooman's Zonkin' Yellow Screamer, Digitech Digiverb, Digitech Bad Monkey, Dunlop Fuzz Face, Homemade Loop Bypass pedal, Duhvoodooman's Sonic Tonic (Maxon SD-9 clone +), Voodoo Labs Superfuzz

Post Thanks / Like

definately worth checking out

ww
    Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR
    Brownsville Reso - 101 Electric Reso : Fender GDO-300 Maple Quilt Top Acoustic

Amps: Fender Super Champ XD

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Post Thanks / Like

Gary Moore is my all time favourite , he can do it all and his collaborations with Lynott are all amazing musical adventures, i used to cover alot of thin lizzy back in the 80's and " cold sweat" is still a riff i go back to when ever i pick up a guitar and noodle .. gotta check out the dvd ..thanks
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Marty DiBergi: "This tasteless cover is a good indication of the lack of musical invention within. The musical growth of this band cannot even be charted. They are treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry."
    Nigel Tufnel: That's just nitpicking, isn't it?