Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Anybody Else See Something Wrong With This Body?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anybody Else See Something Wrong With This Body?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Anybody Else See Something Wrong With This Body?

NEW USA FLAG LEFT HANDED LEFTY STRAT ELECTRIC GUITAR

Being former military, I spotted it right away.:
    Guitars (All Lefty): Fender MIM Wine Red Telecaster
    Washburn D10SCELHBK
    Greg Bennett (Samick) Avion AV3/LH/CS
    Franken-Strat (Maple Neck / Black Body & Pickguard / 2-Point Tremolo / GFS Alnico Single-coil Pups / Gold Hardware)
    2 Fullerton Standard Strats; Sunburst w/ GFS Overwound P'ups and Black w/ GFS Lil Killer Rail 'Buckers
    Fullerton Deluxe Dreadnought
    Amp: Blackheart BH1HS Killer Ant Half Stack (Bitmo Ant Eater Kit)
    Crate V18-112 (Goodsell RGM Speaker / Accutronics Tank / Switch R4 - R10 Mod)
    Pignose G40V (Jensen MOD Speaker / DC Heater Mod / Pentode:Triode Switch)
    Fender Champion 30 Reverb (Accutronics Tank / Jensen MOD Speaker)
    Speaker Cab: Lopo 1x12 Tweed Convertible w/ Eminence GB128 Speaker
    Pedals: Korg ToneWorks AX1000G, AX5G, & AmpworksG Modeling Signal Processors
    Boss DS-1 (Rectifier Tri-Gain Plus Mod); CS-3 (Opto Plus Mod); SD-1 Super (GT Mod); GE-7 (Plus Mod)
    Fender PT-100 Tuner
    E.H. Big Muff Pi (US)
    S.D. Pickup Booster
    Ibanez CF7 Chorus/Flanger
    Alesis NanoVerb
    ART Tube MP Studio (OPA2604 Op Amps) (On Champion 30)
    Behringer NR100 & OD100

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

upside down flag.
    Mark
    * Loud is good, good is better!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    upside down flag.
    yep....that's a no-no

ww
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR
    Brownsville Reso - 101 Electric Reso : Fender GDO-300 Maple Quilt Top Acoustic

Amps: Fender Super Champ XD

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Post Thanks / Like

But, it is a lefty...so turn it over.

But...one for the lefties...what is wrong about an american flag upside down? Why is that so wrong? Becaus SOMEONE ELSE told you that it is? :

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe it's for right-handed Hendrix imitators???

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, at least the picture is presented right side up.
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rabies
    But, it is a lefty...so turn it over.

But...one for the lefties...what is wrong about an american flag upside down? Why is that so wrong? Because SOMEONE ELSE told you that it is? :
    it's not a matter of wrong...just a sign of disrespect...and that isn't just for the american flag....for any flag and other symbols (religious and such)

as for it being wrong because someone told me it is....you obviously don't know me very well....but i tend to not do or believe anything because someone tells me too....maybe you just like being a little antagonistic...or so it seems by some of your posts....

this is generally a very friendly and respectful forum and we like it that way....

ww
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by warren0728
    as for it being wrong because someone told me it is....you obviously don't know me very well....but i tend to not do or believe anything because someone tells me too....
    ww
    I can prove this for the people that think they don't know him.

Now Warren, follow my instructions to the letter and you will be a happier and more fulfilled individual.

Instructions:

Gather up all guitars and guitar related gear and I will PM you the address that the stuff should be shipped to.
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

The 1992 World Series was the first Series ever played outside of the United States of America. It pitted the American League champion Toronto Blue Jays against the National League champion Atlanta Braves.

A faux pas occurred when a United States Marine Corps color guard erroneously displayed the Canadian flag upside down during the opening ceremony of the second game.[1] Speculation ensued amongst some Canadians that the flag was flown upside down as a deliberate insult to Canada, although most agreed the act was unintentional. The Corps apologized for the error and took pains to carry the flag properly prior to Game 3 in Toronto after insisting that they would be honored to do so.
    Gearlist:
    Electric: Ibanez 'AS103', Fender Dlx Nash Pwr Tele, Fender Squier '62 JV Strat, Squier '51, Squier 60's Classic Vibe Strat, Epi Elite LP Studio, Hagstrom Swede Acoustic: Larrivee LV-03RE, A&L AMI, Yamaha FG340-T Bass: Yamaha BB 450 Amps: Roland JC-120, JC-50, Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Champ XD Pedals: Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Danelectro Cool Cat Drive, Transparent Overdrive, Digitech Digiverb, Bad Monkey, Ibanez TS-9, Boss AC-2, CE-5, CS-2, DD-3, DF-2, DS-1, FV-100, GE-7, OC-2, PSM-5, SD-1, TU-2, DVM~BYOC 'Lush Puppy' Chorus

Post Thanks / Like

I can prove this for the people that think they don't know him.

Now Warren, follow my instructions to the letter and you will be a happier and more fulfilled individual.

Instructions:

Gather up all guitars and guitar related gear and I will PM you the address that the stuff should be shipped to.
    not gonna happen...i don't like to do what people tell me too! :

ww

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Algonquin
    The 1992 World Series was the first Series ever played outside of the United States of America. It pitted the American League champion Toronto Blue Jays against the National League champion Atlanta Braves.

A faux pas occurred when a United States Marine Corps color guard erroneously displayed the Canadian flag upside down during the opening ceremony of the second game.[1] Speculation ensued amongst some Canadians that the flag was flown upside down as a deliberate insult to Canada, although most agreed the act was unintentional. The Corps apologized for the error and took pains to carry the flag properly prior to Game 3 in Toronto after insisting that they would be honored to do so.
    i remember that....definitley an "oops" moment! :

ww

Post Thanks / Like

So you think that Laurel are trying to disrespectful, or that they just didn't take the time with their strat copy?

Post Thanks / Like

it's not a matter of wrong...just a sign of disrespect...and that isn't just for the american flag....for any flag and other symbols (religious and such)

as for it being wrong because someone told me it is....you obviously don't know me very well....but i tend to not do or believe anything because someone tells me too....maybe you just like being a little antagonistic...or so it seems by some of your posts....

this is generally a very friendly and respectful forum and we like it that way....

ww
    Did I do something wrong?

Post Thanks / Like

In all fairness warren, that message did seem out of order. And considering you are complaining about rabies being antagonistic towards you, you did a very good job at being antagonistic back. Not the best way to handle that sort of situation.

Post Thanks / Like

these things go nowhere productive - opinions have been said and there is no win or lose.

One is protective of their beliefs whether it's country, religion, or whatever.

Nothing more to be gained here.

Later,
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by thearabianmage
    In all fairness warren, that message did seem out of order. And considering you are complaining about rabies being antagonistic towards you, you did a very good job at being antagonistic back. Not the best way to handle that sort of situation.
    actually i was put off by rabies comments implying that flying the flag upside down was wrong because "someone told me it was wrong"...and to be quite honest i confused him with another new member who seems to be kinda negative too....i probably shouldn't have called him out publicly...

beers for everybody...

ww

Post Thanks / Like

these things go nowhere productive - opinions have been said and there is no win or lose.

One is protective of their beliefs whether it's country, religion, or whatever.

Nothing more to be gained here.

Later,
    Fair shout

Post Thanks / Like

actually i was put off by rabies comments implying that flying the flag upside down was wrong because "someone told me it was wrong"...and to be quite honest i confused him with another new member who seems to be kinda negative too....i probably shouldn't have called him out publicly...

beers for everybody...

ww
    No harm done, really.

I was not trying to antagonize. I just question many, MANY things.

A flag is a flag. If you see it upside down, it's still the same flag...it's just upside down. But for some reason, many people get upset about it. I don't see the big deal. I know that the way it's designed and all, it's supposed to be a certain direction. I just don't get why people get all aggravated and say that it's disrespectful if someone puts it upside down. I don't get why some people would turn a flag upside down and INTEND for it to be disrespectful...that's just silly.

Several years ago, I had to go to court for a traffic ticket. So I got up on that day, got ready and headed on out there. Wearing normal clothes...the same clothes I wear every day. I wore some blue jeans, a t-shirt, and a hat. A baseball cap. I wear pretty much the same thing just about everywhere I go.

Anyway, long story short, I go to court, sit down and wait my turn....my turn to pay a speeding ticket. Before the judge comes in and sits down, one of the Bailiffs or whatever he was asked me to take my hat off. I did, no questions asked. But I thought about it afterwards...

Evidently wearing a hat in a courtroom is disrespectful in some way to someone. I think that's just mindlessly silly. It's just a hat...an article of clothing...how is wearing it ANYWHERE disrespectful? Whether it's the supermarket, a ballgame, at the park, , in bed, in court, WHEREVER.

Am I alone in feeling this way?

I just question everything. And if it doesn't really make sense to me, I often speak on it...and hopefully someone can help me understand 'why'. And I'm sorry if that offends anyone.

In no way am I trying to be disrespectful or antagonistic to anyone on here. I think that would just be silly to do that on an online forum...I know it happens everywhere everyday on every other forum. But not here. That's why I like it here.

Anyway...beers all around...way ahead of you, Warren. :
    Last edited by Rabies; May 25th, 2008 at 02:53 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rabies

Evidently wearing a hat in a courtroom is disrespectful is some way to someone. I think that's just mindlessly silly.

Am I alone in feeling this way?

I just question everything. And if it doesn't really make sense to me, I often speak on it...
    No you are not alone.

And never think it is a bad thing to question everything. How do you think the human race has gotten anywhere? By just knowing?

And it takes courage to speak your thoughts. I am just like you in that way. If I think something is wrong morally or factually, I will speak against it - no matter who it's to. Some people don't like this. You know why? Well, there's no easy answer, but there are many. For some people, it's an ego thing. I told my boss he was wrong this one time and he argued with me about it. It turned out that I was, in fact, right and that he knew it. That night I got fired.

But this is not so much a curse, if you don't let it become one. I am only 21 and for me to have this kind of attitude is a mixed blessing. My elders, like my step-father who I have had many a argument with, don't like people younger than they are standing up to them. They hate it. But they respect it as well. It's a trait that matures with us, and will bring us above the rest in our age groups.

Curiosity is indicative of many things. Foolishness is not one of them.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast