Thread: sensitive

Threaded View

Post Thanks / Like

Default sensitive

so everyone today has been a bit tense, and sensitive about things.

here i go, and will tell you something that's sensitive about me, and maybe in sharing, we can grow.

i have a horrid scar on my neck. my mother wanted me to have plastic surgery on it in high school, but i refused, thinking that the indian in me thought it a battle scar.

imagine... december 29, 1985.

a breakaway stallion, full gallop, across a field with a fifteen year old girl on his back, desperately trick riding bareback to get to the reins between his front legs.

imagine... a john wayne movie, in which there is always the gate to the front yard, or cattle pen, with the one strand of barbed wire across it to keep the posts straight.

imagine coming up to get your bearings from across that pasture just as the stallion goes through that gate.

scars are experiences that partially define who we are. they shape and mold each of us. each of us has a story. a history. a lifetime of experiences... pain and hope, love and regret. we share those here.

i would ask if others would share theirs. i am proud to be a member of this forum.
    Last edited by Childbride; May 25th, 2008 at 09:03 PM.
    2006 Washburn WD55SW Augusta, 2006 Washburn J28S12DL, Washburn EA20SDL,
    2008 American Standard Fender Telecaster
    2008 Rondo Limited Edition SST, G&L ASAT Semi-Hollow, Gibson LP Ultra