Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Memorial Day

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rockette
    Memorial Day seems to have gotten blurred and diluted with Veteren's Day. Let's remember that Memorial Day is reserved as a day to remember those who died in active service.
    Honoring those that have died and those that are currently make sacrifices would fall into that freedom you spoke about in the other thread.
    Mark
    * Loud is good, good is better!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    I think that's the glamor part of being self employed
    Yup, I think you're right. The good news is the front door is locked, and I ain't answering the phone, so I'm actually getting some work done for a change.
    Guitars and other stringed instruments: Washburn D10S, Washburn EA52SWCE, Washburn Cumberland J28SDL, Washburn D46S12, D'Aquisto Centura, Rover RM-50B Mando

Amps and Cabs: Behringer AT108, Firefly Tube Amph, Blackheart Little Giant BH5H, Shiner's Custom Cab v.1.0

". . . because without beer, things do not seem to go as well . . ." Brother Epp, Capuchin Monastery, Munjor, Kansas 1902

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by luvmyshiner
    Happy Memorial Day y'all! By the way, am I the only one working today?
    Nope. Clergymen don't get holidays off. Or weekends, for that matter.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by marnold
    Nope. Clergymen don't get holidays off. Or weekends, for that matter.
    And all this time I thought you only worked Sunday's
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    Honoring those that have died and those that are currently make sacrifices would fall into that freedom you spoke about in the other thread.
    Didn't mean to rub you the wrong way. Of course you have every freedom to honor turkeys on Mother's Day if you wish--but that doesn't make it Thanksgiving!
    [I'm an army vet but my dad died in WWII. I honor our vets on Veteran's Day and gratefully thank our troops every day. Memorial Day is dad's day and for every other person of service that didn't live to tell their war story.]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rockette
    Didn't mean to rub you the wrong way. Of course you have every freedom to honor turkeys on Mother's Day if you wish--but that doesn't make it Thanksgiving!
    [I'm an army vet but my dad died in WWII. I honor our vets on Veteran's Day and gratefully thank our troops every day. Memorial Day is dad's day and for every other person of service that didn't live to tell their war story.]
    Your point wasn't lost, I was just saying it's no crime to honor those that are serving or have served. Not to drag down this thread, but there are men and women that came home walking that are unable to tell their war story. War sucks, but it has been going on long before our country was established.

So I get your point and let's leave it at that - applied to me, you, and everyone else.
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sunvalleylaw
    I plan to. Our kids are at an energetic age (10, 8 and 5) and when I get tired and frustrated, I try to remember Trace Adkins' new song (You're Gonna Miss This) that he released a month or two ago. I look back and already miss some of the kids younger days, although sometimes I am not quite sure what happened during those years. But I digress. Or maybe not. Our citizens who have served have helped to secure those times for me and my family. Enjoy your family time today folks!
    SVL, thanks for bringing that up- mine are 10 & 11 and sometimes I just need to stop and remember to enjoy the fun that we can still have, before they decide I'm not cool enough to be with.

I hope everyone had as great a weekend as I did.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12