Thread: 11 string guitar!?

Myles Guest

Default 11 string guitar!?

Reproduced from the minds of 19th Century musicians comes a guitar so crazy that it couldn't be properly constructed until 1997 and not perfected until this year.

What do you think?

Post Thanks / Like

"Ours go up to 11"
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Wonder if one should play it in "D-minor, the saddest of all keys"?
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Vitalmyles - You might want to check out the article in this month's "Guitar Player", which features an article on the winner of their 2005 Guitar Hero contest - Dominic Frasca (article is on pp. 48). He plays a wild 10-string Martin classical!! The mag also features a good interview w/ Paul McCartney, so it's definitely worth picking up.

Post Thanks / Like

"You know, just simple lines intertwining, you know, very much like - I'm really influenced by Mozart and Bach, and it's sort of in between those, really. It's like a Mach piece, really."
    "It's funny the way most people love the dead. Once you are dead, you are made for life." - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like

Why bother???

Myles Guest

Why bother???
    I'd imagine its because invention inspires him more than music.

On the flip side of things, many people have a similar response as yours to things like 15 minute guitar solos.