Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Attaching Photos

Thread: Attaching Photos

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Attaching Photos

No matter what size I set my camera or if I enlarge it on Photobucket, it always posts at the same size every time - any clues on what I need to do?

I can't get the photos any bigger than this.
    Mark
    * Loud is good, good is better!

Post Thanks / Like

In Photobucket use the second url (direct link) then post into the forum using the yellow mountain/photo button. Past the link into the little window that opens.

If your pictures were uploaded into Photobucket at a large resolution then they should transfer right into your post that size.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks. That wasn't it, it was what I was doing during the transfer to Photobucket. Geez, you would think the medication from the 70's when I was in my late teens would have worn off by now. Did I say early 70's, I meant late 90's
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

Check your settings in 'bucket. They have a default setting (under the "Upload Images & Video" box that will automatically resize them. Change the setting from 640x480 to something more appropriate/desired.
    Electrics: Hagstrom Ultra Swede (Gold Eagle Burst) Gretsch 5120 Electromatic (Orange) Custom Nashville Blackout Telecaster (Black, Stat mid/neck p'ups; Lil Puncher (Modern Vintage) bridge p'up; Wilkinson Compensated Bridge w/ 3 brass saddles, Warmoth Vintage Modern Birdseye Maple Neck) Fender MIM Stratocaster (Blue Agave, Rosewood Fretboard, Fender Tex-Mex p'ups; GFS Trem/Block Kit) Highland Spitfire (semi-hollow, flame maple top w/ bubinga inlay)
    Acoustics:Washburn D10CEQSB, Yamaha FG160E
    Bass: Westone Spectrum ST, Warwick Rockbass Corvette Basic Active
    Amps: Vox NT15H/V112NT Night Train, Peavey Bandit 112, Hartke HyDrive 210C Bass Amp, Vox DA5

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by t_ross33
    Check your settings in 'bucket. They have a default setting (under the "Upload Images & Video" box that will automatically resize them. Change the setting from 640x480 to something more appropriate/desired.
    That is exactly what I realized I wasn't doing. I stay off of PB for a few weeks and they redo their site.
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

I've used the forum's vbimage host for pics here, with the same sizing problem. I see that you guys seem to be using Photobucket, whatever that is - can someone do a post telling how to use this service and how then to send images from there to posts here?

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tjcurtin1
    I've used the forum's vbimage host for pics here, with the same sizing problem. I see that you guys seem to be using Photobucket, whatever that is - can someone do a post telling how to use this service and how then to send images from there to posts here?

Thanks!
    These instructions are slightly dated, but should do the trick

Save your photos to your harddrive and then go to photobucket.com and set up an account. Once in photobucket, upload your photo(s) from your harddrive. You will see an upload button, click on it and pull the photos from your harddrive. Once uploaded it will ask you if you want to save - click save

then just click on the bottom selection (just below the photo titled IMG Code), that will copy the photo, then go to your post, right click, hit paste. (this last part can also be done the way Spudman describes above in the second post of this thread).
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

TJ

Sign up for your free Photobucket account. Then follow the directions earlier in this post.
    It's also a great idea to take pictures of all your stuff and put it on Photobucket in case your house burns down or is broken into.

http://photobucket.com/

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Done! Thanks guys!