Thread: Clapton in Toronto tonight

Post Thanks / Like

Default Clapton in Toronto tonight

Me and the son are heading into TO tonight to see Clapton and the Robert Randolph band at Ontario Place tonight. The reviews have been good so far, so looking forward to a hot night of guitar.
    Sheryl Crow played there last night, so hoping we might get a guest appearance as happens sometimes. Don't know her tour schedule today though. Regardless, a bluesy set list and great seats should make for a good night. The son, a pretty good player, hasn't seen EC, so he's quite pumped about the prospect. Hopefully the legend brings his A game.
    Will report later.
    helliott in Hamilton
    Guitars -- 2 PRS CE 24s 85/15 pups, PRS semi-hollow CE 22, Fender Baja Telecaster; Gibson Les Paul Standard; 80s Strat updated with custom 69 pups, Anniversary Strat with Fat 50s, Epiphone Sheraton re-issue; Yamaha 5-string bass; Yamaha TBS 6 and 12 string acoustics,Takamine acoustic, Fender nylon string acoustic
    Amps -- Mesa Boogie Lone Star; Boss Katana 100, Peavey Blueamaster 2x10, Line 6 Helix
    Pedals etc: Mosfet Full Drive 2; Ibanez Tube Screamer; Fairfield Barbershop OD, Diamond Compressor; Voodo Sparkledrive, Boss Digital Delay DD7; Boss TU2 Chromatic Tuner; Cry Baby wah

Post Thanks / Like

She's off until the 28th and that night she is in Maryland. It would be cool if she showed.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

I saw him on the 5th at the Hard Rock Live-Hollywood, second stop on this current tour.
    Great show (as always), lousy venue (as always)!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Be sure to post a review tomorrow, I'm seeing him next month in Dublin
    - Lev

Main Guitars: Fender US Deluxe HSS Strat, PRS SE C24, Fender Baja Tele
    Bass Guitar: Squier VM Jaguar Special
    Main Amp: Vox AC15
    Main Effects: Digitech EXP-7, Line6 M5, Soul Food, Sub n UP, Flashback, Polara Verb
    Vids: www.youtube.com/levguitar

Post Thanks / Like

clapton always puts on a good show.....i have seen him several times...last time with derek trucks and robert cray.

robert randolph plays some serious steel guitar....should be great!

ww
    Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR
    Brownsville Reso - 101 Electric Reso : Fender GDO-300 Maple Quilt Top Acoustic

Amps: Fender Super Champ XD

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Post Thanks / Like

Very jealous. I've never seen Eric. Certainly on the list of those I'd love to see. Enjoy and lets have a report.

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by evenkeel
    Very jealous. I've never seen Eric. Certainly on the list of those I'd love to see. Enjoy and lets have a report.
    Ditto here. I was listening to his From the Cradle CD on my way into work today and Crossroads Disc 1 on the way home. Of course no trip to Toronto for me this week.

Looking forward to your report of the concert.
    Mark
    * Loud is good, good is better!

Post Thanks / Like

Ditto here. I was listening to his From the Cradle CD on my way into work today...
    i saw him on his "from the cradle" tour....it was great....he payed homage to all the old blues greats...giving a mini history lesson on each artist with large pictures of each behind him when he played their songs....

ww
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by warren0728
    i saw him on his "from the cradle" tour....it was great....he payed homage to all the old blues greats...giving a mini history lesson on each artist with large pictures of each behind him when he played their songs....

ww
    That had to be great, I love that CD. I've been playing it at the office. I keep it real low so no one can hear it and all I can hear is the guitar work. Occasionally someone will come over and they can make out some noise and I just tell them someone at another desk must have a radio or CD on I do the same with SRV.
    Mark
    * Loud is good, good is better!

Post Thanks / Like

That had to be great,
    yes it was...but i have never been disappointed by a clapton show!

ww

Post Thanks / Like

EC brought it but adding Doyle Bramhall II to the mix made the night.